Thread: TD-11KV question

User Info Menu

Default TD-11KV question

So, I had to switch to edrums from acoustic. I bought the Roland Td-11KV set. I hooked them up to a small powered pa system my wife has that she uses for her keyboard and they do not sound good at all. They "work", I can hear the snare the toms and the cymbals, but they just don't sound good. I watched a ton of video's and even the iffy you tube ones sounded better. My question is, all I had to use was a balanced 1/4" cable. Could this be the cause of the crappy sound? The music store said I should be using an unbalanced cable coming out of the L/mono output on the module.

Thanks for any help.

User Info Menu

Default Re: TD-11KV question

Do you have any details on the PA? I'd venture to say that it probably can't handle the extreme highs and lows

User Info Menu

So update on this, I switched the cable to an unbalanced cable and it sounds fantastic!! Got the Vex Synch pack of kits and put that in my module and the two DW's in there sound great!! I am extremely happy.

The pa is a cheap little Phonic 410. I was considering switching to a Simmons DA200S but I am not sure it is worth it. The drums through the wife's phonic sound pretty darn good. Any thoughts on if it would be worthwhile to switch?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cfiore124 View Post
    My question is, all I had to use was a balanced 1/4" cable. Could this be the cause of the crappy sound?

The music store said I should be using an unbalanced cable coming out of the L/mono output on the module.
    Apparently there was a reason the music store said to use an unbalanced cable. You just answered your own question.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!