Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: pet peeves (drum-related)

User Info Menu

Default Re: pet peeves (drum-related)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Everyone knows this one. When somebody's selling a really cheap 5 piece kit and they advertise it like a 9 piece because it has a few cymbals. They literally count every single piece.
    Years ago that's how it was done. Example: Sears catalogue a 5 piece set was a bass, snare, tom, cymbal and hats.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Did you see on page 3 where it skips up like 7 years. I hate that.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    lol..... a poopload? better have a lot of toilet paper handy
    Had to break the thesaurus out. You know I couldn't use the **** word.

Need to have synonyms and antonyms on hand at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Did you see on page 3 where it skips up like 7 years. I hate that.
    They were each given a dictionary, and it appears it took them 7 years to study it. Some gave up and never came back.

To clear this up. I certainly don't mean that everybody on DC at that time couldn't spell, but some people did have their problems.

User Info Menu

It doesn't matter if drummers can't spell. As long as they can count!
    JOE

Seven piece vintage Ludwig kit (1971), Sky Blue Pearl, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 22
    Snare drums (all Ludwig): 1971 Supraphonic, 1969 SBP Classic, 1990s Blackrolite, 2012 6.5x 14 Black Magic
    Zildjian Cymbals - 21 ping, 20, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14 HH, 10, 18 China, Wuhan 18 China
    Five piece Sonor All Maple 3005s: 12, 13, 16, 22, 5x 14 snare
    Roland TD4SX
    SPL Birch Bop Kit: 13, 8, 13, 18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joecut View Post
    It doesn't matter if drummers can't spell. As long as they can count!

True, but every once in a while spelling does come in handy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    True, but every once in a while spelling does come in handy.
    I done understand was your trying to git at. Wat U taking bout? Comunicasion skilz R overated. Espesally if U postin n add on CL
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I done understand was your trying to git at. Wat U taking bout? Comunicasion skilz R overated. Espesally if U postin n add on CL

I love it, the Queen's English as she am spoke it.

User Info Menu

Drummer pet peeve: getting wasted, waking up for 10am practice, potential new singer doesn't show til 11, have another practice at 4...welcome to saturday!

User Info Menu

Craigslist:

The title says 7 piece kit but it's a crappy 5 piece.

Symbols instead of cymbals
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Holy thread revival batman! 7 years! (But I love this thread)

User Info Menu

Oh, let me count the ways that people have pi$$ed me off over the years. Most of the time it was back in the bar gig days when you always got 1or 2 drunks that were going to let you in on their secret of how our band should play. How many of them I wanted to punch would number in the hundreds.

I did get the satisfaction of hitting a guy a couple of times before it was broken up. He wouldn't leave my GF alone, so during our break, I told him to leave her alone or we were going to have a problem. He walked away, but as soon as we were back playing, he was right back there talking to her. I threw a drumstick at him and hit him square in the back and we went at it. He lost and they threw him out. SATISFACTION to make up for all the 1's I didn't hit.

User Info Menu

omg...... your an animal

all i was going to say was I hate when people say seat or stool
    .....its my throne ...peasant

User Info Menu

When your guitarist has no internal metronome but thinks the band is supposed to follow him. So you end up blasting a straight 4/4 to say "HEY IDIOT! HERE'S THE TEMPO" and afterward he tells you the song sucked because you weren't keeping up.

User Info Menu

The bassist in this band I'm covering for sit on a seat next to my kit. He keeps turning to look at me and his neck on his bass keeps hitting my cymbal... dude move over!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFortress View Post
    When your guitarist has no internal metronome but thinks the band is supposed to follow him. So you end up blasting a straight 4/4 to say "HEY IDIOT! HERE'S THE TEMPO" and afterward he tells you the song sucked because you weren't keeping up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    The bassist in this band I'm covering for sit on a seat next to my kit. He keeps turning to look at me and his neck on his bass keeps hitting my cymbal... dude move over!
    What most drummers don't realize is that it is legal in the USA to neuter a guitar player/bassplayer, place him/her in a shelter that only adopts to residents of 3rd world countries along with a loaf of bread and some mustard.

The knowledge of this little known law is not widespread but I'm attempting to rectify that. This law kept our guitar player in line for over 30 years because he realized that being able to sing only 4 Seasons songs was not going to get him a lot of work, and the fact that he was not going to be able to pick up girls like he used to. (not that he knew what to do with them once he got them. We bought him a copy of the Kama something that had pictures but he kept coloring them in with his crayons)
    Such is the day to day life working with a guitar player.

To Super Fortress: I have found that a well placed drumstick with a egg timer attached usually fixes the problem.

To Spaz: Think cattle prod.

User Info Menu

When he hits your cymbals take a stick and hit his guitar see what he says or does.This might break him of that annoying habit.

User Info Menu

When they , lead singer or guitarist , line their drinks up on the drum riser right in front of my bass drum . Then they knock the drink over and some of it gets splashed on my drum ! And they say nothing about it ...like it's ok ! Then I have to get out from behind my kit before the next song and move them , usually onto the guitar players amp .

User Info Menu

other drummers bleeding on your drums

I swear even i could make a rookie mistake in the heat of battle but its pritty darn nasty

User Info Menu

Ewww
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    When they , lead singer or guitarist , line their drinks up on the drum riser right in front of my bass drum . Then they knock the drink over and some of it gets splashed on my drum ! And they say nothing about it ...like it's ok ! Then I have to get out from behind my kit before the next song and move them , usually onto the guitar players amp .
    OMG my old singer was notorious for spilling drinks on my drum rug... drove me nuts!!!!

User Info Menu

OMG my old singer was notorious for spilling drinks on my drum rug... drove me nuts!!!!
    My guitarist: "Hey we need to move the smoke machine, I don't want oily residue getting on my guitars." *places smoke machine right beside my kit*

User Info Menu

Yes !
    Some of the clubs we play at don't allow the band to drink durring the gig . But at the ones where they do EVERYBODY wants to put there drink on my rug . I get on them right away and if I see one one there while I was not paying attention I get up and put it on their amp . hen they start screaming like a stuck pig !
    I use a Navajo Indian rug made out of wool . It's perfect because you can fold it and stow it away in the hardware bag . And when it gets dirty I just take it to the car wash with the power wash wands and hose it down there ...comes out smelling fresh and looking new .

User Info Menu

I hate when you look at a used drum set on E bay or Craigslist and they say 10 pc. set and it's a 5 piece they just add the cymbals and hi hats.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

My pet peeve lately is Youtube showboaters who cover songs with all kinds of overplaying and stick tricks. I know plenty of people enjoy it, but I'd rather see really crisp, clean playing.

User Info Menu

It is a Drumkit Rick. Maybe it is a Canadian thing.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168