Thread: Holiday acquisitions.

User Info Menu

Default Holiday acquisitions.

Hey all,

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and an enjoyable holiday season thus far. My family, girlfriend and I are currently house sitting on the Sunshine Coast, which is two hours north of Brisbane and it has been amazing being able to go to the beach every day, road trip around the place and just be on holidays.

Anyway, drum wise, I have made a couple of acquisitions. My mum bought me a small djembe with a bag for Christmas (which I picked out at the local drum shop earlier this month, just wasn't allowed to play it before Christmas time) -

And in its bag -

Tuned it up and it sounds great, nice high slap tones. Took it down to the beach and participated in a drum circle with it on Boxing Day evening.

Today, we went to a couple small towns in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. I purchased a hammock, a jar of mayonnaise, two pairs of hippy pants, some knick knacks, some lunch, and this -

Its full name is a fibre glass hydro-beat djembe. A small (but incredible) percussion shop was clearing a few of these out and and I scored it for $70. The guy also chucked in two pairs of sticks, one 5A and the other 7A, made in Germany from beech wood, which was nice of him. I'll give them a road test when I get home -

Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Holiday acquisitions.

And here's my little djembe family so far -

Once again, hope you all are having an awesome Chrissy/New Years break!
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.