Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '07 DW Collectors 5pc Twisted Exotic Lacquer

User Info Menu

Default Re: '07 DW Collectors 5pc Twisted Exotic Lacquer

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    LOL I do love those Pork Pies, but I love my Sleishman pedals more. Ha ha ha
    Just search David Sleishman on Facebook and tell him I sent ya. I'm sure Ginger won't bat an eye. D'oh!
    hahaha..my pedal position isn't the issue. I always start out with my feet/pedal position before I set up my kit. It's my T=Rex syndrome as I made you laugh remember?

User Info Menu

I ran into an "old friend" yesterday as I was shopping for a second throne. I traded in my Gretsch Renown '57 in Onyx to help off-set the cost of the DW kit. It's been nearly a year since I took ownership of the DWs and I found the '57 in still sitting on the showroom floor amidst a bunch of other items crammed together. This store wonders why used kit don't move out the door. In my opinion, their display of used kit is less than desirable to look at:

User Info Menu

^was that a heart breaker to see?
    It would have been for me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    ^was that a heart breaker to see?
    It would have been for me!
    Yes, it's sad to see. It's been sitting around this store and occasionally moved from one area to another. I can't believe what I saw a few months ago; the heavy chrome plated tom holder sitting directly on the black lacquered bass drum hoop. Who ever did this was an idiot!!

User Info Menu

Rich, that DW kit looks . . . well . . . rich! Congrats on getting such a special kit.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I really hate to see your Renowns sitting in that store................what a cool set of drums.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Yep. Just about time to buy them back....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    +1...............that was my first thought too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I ran into an "old friend" yesterday as I was shopping for a second throne. I traded in my Gretsch Renown '57 in Onyx to help off-set the cost of the DW kit. It's been nearly a year since I took ownership of the DWs and I found the '57 in still sitting on the showroom floor amidst a bunch of other items crammed together. This store wonders why used kit don't move out the door. In my opinion, their display of used kit is less than desirable to look at:

Does that say 1099.99? Totally worth it. That was a really cool looking kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Rich, that DW kit looks . . . well . . . rich! Congrats on getting such a special kit.
    Thanks Pastor Bob. I got it at such a reduced discount since the kit sat around the store for nearly 9 years (born date August of 2007). The $7,400 MSRP price tag scared too many away from this mom and pop music store which is located in a "Blue collar" neighborhood. Even when marked down by half price, it still didn't move. The manager would see me drooling over it every time I came in. $2,500 OTD was too good to walk away from a kit that never left the store.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Does that say 1099.99? Totally worth it. That was a really cool looking kit!
    Yes, you're correct. They gave me $800 trade in credit for it then turned around and marked it up to $1099.99. They won't budge on the price so I'm assuming it's why it's still around. If the finish was in light blue or the red, it would of been gone the day I brought it in. The onyx seems like the least favorite finish between the three that were offered when these kit were still around.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I really hate to see your Renowns sitting in that store................what a cool set of drums.
    Ricky, if I bought them back, my hide would be nailed to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Man...that would be suicide. I mind as well hand over my "you know what's" to my wife and save her the trouble of finding a dull knife.

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    +1...............that was my first thought too!
    Butch, that would of been my last thought running through my head before it exploded from a shot from my wife's 3030.

User Info Menu

Yes, you're correct. They gave me $800 trade in credit for it then turned around and marked it up to $1099.99. They won't budge on the price so I'm assuming it's why it's still around. If the finish was in light blue or the red, it would of been gone the day I brought it in. The onyx seems like the least favorite finish between the three that were offered when these kit were still around.
    I would have never guessed that...............my personal order of preference would be black, red, blue.............
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Wait. Wasn't that kit like 3K or more new? I seem to remember your layaway receipts when you were making payments. Am I thinking of something else?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Wait. Wasn't that kit like 3K or more new? I seem to remember your layaway receipts when you were making payments. Am I thinking of something else?
    Pretty sure that was his Gretsch USA Custom

User Info Menu

Ricky, if I bought them back, my hide would be nailed to the wall.

Man...that would be suicide. I mind as well hand over my "you know what's" to my wife and save her the trouble of finding a dull knife.

Butch, that would of been my last thought running through my head before it exploded from a shot from my wife's 3030.
    Guess it stays at the store!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Pretty sure that was his Gretsch USA Custom
    Right Gilles! Good memory my friend. The USA Customs are and will forever will be in my arsenal.