Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Pay For It????

User Info Menu

Default Why Pay For It????

So the part time just for fun band that I'm in has been talking about having a promo video made. Problem is, a 2 minute video done professionally will cost $300-$500. I figure if I use 2 static cameras and one hand held camera and record directly from the mixer board.........even with my limited editing skills I should be able to produce an acceptable promo video.

I believe that I can do this because I've been messing around a little with iMovie and using footage from just one camera (definitely not placed optimally) and using only the mics from the Q8.....I came up with this in about an hour's worth of editing.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Why Pay For It????

Well done. Short, sweet, to the point....some variety....yep, well done!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice!

User Info Menu

Nice job Marc. You can definitely do it!

User Info Menu

Great job, only issue is we can't see the drummer lol.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Well done. Short, sweet, to the point....some variety....yep, well done!
    Thanks Mark. Nowhere near what I want the finished product to look like. Just experimenting with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Nice job Marc. You can definitely do it!
    Thanks Rick. Yeah, I think I can pull it off well enough to suit our purposes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Great job, only issue is we can't see the drummer lol.

Thanks. Yeah, this wasn't intended to be used. It was just me trying to learn how to use the editing software. We're playing next weekend at a venue much more suitable for filming. I'm going to try to use 3 cameras. We'll see what I can come up with.

User Info Menu

Some of these newer smart phones offer awesome video and sound quality. We have used some youtube videos captured by smart phones to send out to people before, and have received good results.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Wow, nice job on the video funky you guys sound and look great. Whoever taped it did an amazing job on the medley of your songs instead of doing just one. You guys are very versatile and work well together man. Congrats I am impressed.

User Info Menu

This one was done with a Samsung Galaxy S7

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    Good one. Well done. I'm going for something much shorter. Not sure buyers will sit through a 5+ minute video. I like the video quality of yours.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    This one was done with a Samsung Galaxy S7

Your band sounds good. Do you use this as a promo video? Doesn't ID who you are, has no contact information.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Your band sounds good. Do you use this as a promo video? Doesn't ID who you are, has no contact information.
    Thanks for the compliment.

No, it isn't being used as a promo video. The band leader does all of that. The videos on my page are just things my wife shot and uploaded. I was just showing that you can get decent video and audio with a smartphone.

User Info Menu

Nice work for sure!

User Info Menu

I've been wanting to get a quality video of our band but the other members don't want to spend the cash.
    One of the guitarists works at a TV station................really ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Hey, Whipper.........................

Was that video shot (at the Mad Hog) down in Pine Bluff ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Hey, Whipper.........................

Was that video shot (at the Mad Hog) down in Pine Bluff ?
    Yes it was.

User Info Menu

WOW.................small world.
    My band (Rock Candy) is playing this Saturday night @ Cajuns in LR...............just in case you are in town.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    WOW.................small world.
    My band (Rock Candy) is playing this Saturday night @ Cajuns in LR...............just in case you are in town.
    Sweet! We play the Mad Hog often. We have a weekly blues jam on Wednesday nights at 8pm as well.

User Info Menu

Great looking videos guys! If I were hiring a band(s) as a promoter and the only means of judging the quality of the musicianship was to look at videos, the vocal mix has to be stellar. Most cover bands can't afford to hire a producer/director and a film crew to pull off a professionally produced video to showcase talent; it would be a waste of money. Many club/promoters are watching DIY videos and judging the talent from music captured on camera mics or a board mix that was filmed on location. In my opinion, the first impression of a band it has to be a lasting impression and I've seen some horribly produced videos on Youtube. I've been in the TV production business for over 35+ years. There was no internet and no MTV when I started. Today, some guy from Korea can have over 2 billion hits on Youtube dancing "Gangnam Style".

Here's a tip: Lip sync a studio produced song. Tough to pull off but those are the ones I'd watch.

User Info Menu

I thought this video was spot on as far as sound goes.

Great job and great band!

You are truly "in the pocket"!

Take care my friend
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

That was cool and I really enjoyed it!

You were right on with the drums!

Please share more!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Wow that was great, and with a Samsung phone. I never could take good video with mine so i broke down and went to Iphone.

Great job you guys, I really enjoyed it!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Ricardo, I see you're from the MidSouth.....

I am in Memphis. Are you close to me?

I would love to see you play and listen to the band!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim