Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where do you practice?

User Info Menu

Default Re: where do you practice?

Im using my kids play room 14 x 19 for now , until I get my room in the basement finished ( 16 x 22 ) . We have 2 drum sets and a set of congas set up .

User Info Menu

In my room. Soon it's going to be my basement with my band.

User Info Menu

Acoustic kit in one of my outbuildings,electric kit in loft.
    Mapex m birch,black forest cherry,sabian,zildjian cymbals,big dog,pearl pedals,yamaha electric kit.

User Info Menu

I play in my living room, my neighbors are away enough so that they cannot hear me too loud, and outside you can only hear me a little bit
    MY drum kit so far:
    pdp ez series drums(14" snare, 12, 13,and 16" toms. 22" bass)
    pdp 10" mini timbale
    Zildjian zbt 18" crash/ride, 10" splash
    paiste 201 bronze 14" hi-hats, 16" crash, 20" ride
    sabian aax 16" ozone crash
    pearl primaro cowbell.

I love my kit!!!!!

User Info Menu

I have my kit set up in my room and I have never had any complaints from my neighbors but i know they hear me because they have commented but I have never had the cops show up at my door so maybe I am just that good.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I have the Gretsch in the picture below set up at home in the basement for practice alone. I usually practice grooves, rudiments, and sight reading there. I have my Tama set up at my buddy's basement studio for band practice (two different bands). I was tired of packing up every time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shoedaddy; 08-07-2008 at 09:00 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Usually in my room but with the band, we go to the nearest rehearsal studio. Hopefully in a few more months I will be able to put up my own music studio!
    Last edited by treb 821; 08-07-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added the pic of my set-up in my room!

User Info Menu

usually my room but when the band comes over I move the kit to the living room
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I haven`t played for about a week... Got my new drumms and haven`t had a chance to play them properly `couse my main band lost the rehearsal space we had... So now were looking for a new one, but Zadar isn`t big and there are a lot of bands... Noone wants to share with us, even thougt we offer to pay 100 Euros a month to anyone that gives us room to play...

User Info Menu

i have my kit setup in my already tiny bedroom for practice alone, when i practice with the band we gather in the bass players garage, he told me that i could just leave it there but then i cant bash on them when ever i want....

the only problem was that i live in an apartment where all the other people hate it, so at the gathering for renters where i live, they had all went out at gotten me those noise things you put on over the drums so you dont make to much noise... of course it was most appriciated...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

At home, I have a small room dedicated for my drums and stereo. My Big Band rehearses at a local middle school Sunday evenings throughout the school year. We use the auditorium stage and I am allowed to use the school's drum set: Yamaha Custom Maple. My Jazz Trio rehearse at our bass players house and, for that, I bring only a snare, bass and hi-hat and a 20" ride cymbal. At times, I think I get more out of the Trio rehearsal. I use brushes and "Cool Rods" and that really makes me "Think" more about what I want to play.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    At home, I have a small room dedicated for my drums and stereo. My Big Band rehearses at a local middle school Sunday evenings throughout the school year. We use the auditorium stage and I am allowed to use the school's drum set: Yamaha Custom Maple. My Jazz Trio rehearse at our bass players house and, for that, I bring only a snare, bass and hi-hat and a 20" ride cymbal. At times, I think I get more out of the Trio rehearsal. I use brushes and "Cool Rods" and that really makes me "Think" more about what I want to play.

Frank , sometimes less is more , it does make you think . Dont want to hi-jack this thread , we had another thread dedicated to that topic , just wanted to toss in my 2 cents .

User Info Menu

I used to play in a shed but since we moved a few weeks ago i have occupied a spare bedroom :D. Eventually im gonna get a mixer etc and turn it into a small recording place for my band before we all go off to uni

User Info Menu

I have my kit set up in my living room. One of the perks of a recent divorce. My neighbors are awesome. They have actually come over and listened when my band has played at my house. I play in another band in Texas and we play in the guitar players garage. We finished the walls with sheetrock and it sounds great...

The servant of the song is the master.

User Info Menu

I play in the storage room of my basement, it has extra insulation so i can play how i want

User Info Menu

In my barn away from the house so no-one can hear me

User Info Menu

I am now set up in a room that probably should be my bedroom, but my drums fit in there so nice! Not much for neighbors!

User Info Menu

I practice in my spare bedroom where i have my ludwig accent 5 piece setup at.

User Info Menu

in the basement now

in the winter i will put my drum in a basement room that i will insonorise

i just baught a car yesterday so it will be in january not before that

money talk

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY