Thread: Just me goofing around

User Info Menu

Default Just me goofing around

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I figured the best way to introduce myself here would be to show a little of what I do. I play on a YamahDTXplorer these days, living in an apartment and all, but at home I have my old Pearl 4-piece with two crashes both busted/cracked up to where they sound like horrible china's haha. I don't play that set enough to invest any money in it so yeah. I've played since I was 12, but haven't been able to play much the last few years (I'm 24 now) living in apartments until I got an electronic set a few months ago. It's been so much fun getting my skills back up to where they were in my prime at the end of high school when I was playing in two bands (punk and then funk/jazz) haha...and of course rediscovering all those old grooves I hadn't played in years!

Jamming along to a funk track from Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials 2.0: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekSMPj8Wg3g"]YouTube- Funk Off[/ame]

A more straightforward rock jam played along to my guitar part:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OWapcGYLz8"]YouTube- Short Rock Jam[/ame]

Just working on a syncopated sextuplet fill of mine, it's a little tricky to keep those double strokes on the right hand on the 3 and 4 as even as those on my left hand but I'm getting there:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCpzOkoHvQ8"]YouTube- Sextuplet Lick[/ame]

Any constructive criticism is appreciated, of course.

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Just me goofing around

Cool got nothing to say but I liked them

User Info Menu

Very nice playing, Zwielicht, and welcome to Drum Chat!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Sounded good.

I think you might want to bring up the brightness just a bit. Hard to see you in the dim lighting.

Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Zwielicht!

You've got some good skills there! Thanks for sharing them with us, and feel free to share more anytime.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Sounded good.

I think you might want to bring up the brightness just a bit. Hard to see you in the dim lighting.

Welcome to Drum Chat!
    LOL! Nice playing, dude.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Sounded good.

Welcome to Drum Chat!

ROFL........I gotta agree with BishDoes the breaker for your lights trip every time you plug in the E-kit?

We're just messin with ya a bit on the dark vid but it sure sounded real good.

Welcome to the board.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey