Thread: Zildjian ZHT

User Info Menu

Question Zildjian ZHT

ive heard pretty positive things about this set. obviously, they aren't as good as a customs or k customs, but they are ok/good. i'm a few months into playing and are upgrading. woud you reccomend these? expieriences with these? Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian ZHT

I think jordison has some on these, if he drops on by he'll tell you.
    Im going to throw my opinion in... Check out the paiste PST5's and sabian xs20's.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

They aren't bad. For the price though, I'd recommend the xs20 series by sabian. B20 bronze and professional sound for an intermediate price, and you can choose traditional or brilliant finish, which opens up even more sound options for you.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpenguin45 View Post
    They aren't bad. For the price though, I'd recommend the xs20 series by sabian. B20 bronze and professional sound for an intermediate price, and you can choose traditional or brilliant finish, which opens up even more sound options for you.
    Yeah if you want to save money in the end, go with the Xs20's or some paiste Alphas. Paiste does a great job with b8, so you may like them a bit. I'd compare these two and pick based on the sound you like better, a few months into to playing you should be able to tell what sounds you like btter.

I own the Xs20's for my crashes, I love them.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zeta View Post
    yeah if you want to save money in the end, go with the xs20's or some paiste alphas. Paiste does a great job with b8, so you may like them a bit. I'd compare these two and pick based on the sound you like better, a few months into to playing you should be able to tell what sounds you like btter.

I own the xs20's for my crashes, i love them.
    +1
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Yeah if you want to save money in the end, go with the Xs20's or some paiste Alphas. Paiste does a great job with b8, so you may like them a bit. I'd compare these two and pick based on the sound you like better, a few months into to playing you should be able to tell what sounds you like btter.
    +2 I have a set of Alpha hats. For the money, they have great personality and good volume/projection. I really like the sound. I've seen them here and there used on eBay for around $75 shipped.