Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom bass reso logo

User Info Menu

Default Re: Custom bass reso logo

Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    Very Nice! I've been looking for something similar since I got my new reso head.

I'm not a big fan of gold colored hardware but it looks really good against the green on your set.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Here is my custom gretsch logo. I had it made near my work at a custom tee shirt and they do custom signs etc. The Gretsch logo was made right off the computer (any size you want) and I picked red,shot right in a laser machine,done in less than 3 min. transfer decal.Once you peel and stick,it's on there. Make sure its on straight. cost around $8.00. I chose to have it with out the bass drum in the logo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Here is my custom gretsch logo. I had it made near my work at a custom tee shirt and they do custom signs etc. The Gretsch logo was made right off the computer (any size you want) and I picked red,shot right in a laser machine,done in less than 3 min. transfer decal.Once you peel and stick,it's on there. Make sure its on straight. cost around $8.00. I chose to have it with out the bass drum in the logo.
    Wow! that's cool!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    The front of my Pearl Export kit looked rather plain, so I decided to add a "Pearl" logo to the bass reso head. I wanted something unique, so I went to one of those "make your own custom sign" websites. I chose the font I wanted, the color (gold metal flake w/outline), and the size. They did an awesome job, and I had it within 3 days.

Your drums look vintage,especially in that color..nice, always liked the look of pale yellow

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Here is my custom gretsch logo.
    Gretsch should pay you to play that thing.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

As you can see in my signature and here on my bass drum, our band logo is a Red Rooster..............far too much to explain.

Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    looks great. I just had one made for mine from Vinyl Disorder. They were very helpful, answering questions and emails.

resized due to one in album being too big.
    That looks cool slinky!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Your drums look vintage,especially in that color..nice, always liked the look of pale yellow
    100% agree!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Thanks! Just don't look at the bottom of the bass...it's still pure white since it was never exposed to UV. I was going to recover them, until I saw a Gretsch kit in White Chocolate. Then I decided it really did add to the vintage look. Pretty lucky how well the Rustoleum Antique White spray paint on the floor tom matches the rest. I swapped out the black bass reso and black hoops for a white reso and chrome hoops that I salvaged off an old parts kit. It makes a perfect practice/backup kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    As you can see in my signature and here on my bass drum, our band logo is a Red Rooster..............far too much to explain.
    I love that rooster logo! I bet you get asked about the significance a lot? I been thinking of creating a mascot for our band. A cartoon pig with a wooden leg. Long story as well
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I love that rooster logo!
    Thanks............it is associated with a nickname of our guitarist and also part of a title of the first CD release.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Just don't look at the bottom of the bass...it's still pure white since it was never exposed to UV.
    N2Bluz :
    Funny !
    But I know exactly what you mean..............
    Below is a photo of my (100% original) 1954 Gretsch snare drum............it was White Marine Pearl but due to it's age, it looks a bit more like yellow marine pearl these days.
    Sounds so sweet it would never matter !

Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    That looks cool slinky!!
    thanks Rich!. They sent me two so if we ever get a big stage to play on the other kick will come along for the ride.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN