Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugardaddys - First gig report

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sugardaddys - First gig report

Interesting interpretation. I think your singer would have had a stick/knucklecracker pulling that stunt here at ground zero. That thing started to come off the rails. Good job keeping it together.

User Info Menu

Great playing Mark! I enjoyed watching you play. One piece of constructive advice. In my opinion, it sounds like you're rushing your fills. I don't know if it's due to the 1 up 1 down set up but it looks like it's quite a long "throw" from the high rack tom to the floor tom and it sounds like your rushing to get down to the floor tom before coming back to the groove but I'm sure you'll work that out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Great playing Mark! I enjoyed watching you play. One piece of constructive advice. In my opinion, it sounds like you're rushing your fills. I don't know if it's due to the 1 up 1 down set up but it looks like it's quite a long "throw" from the high rack tom to the floor tom and it sounds like your rushing to get down to the floor tom before coming back to the groove but I'm sure you'll work that out.
    There could be several factors. First gig jitters, still getting used to the songs, etc. A host of other "excuses" I could throw out but I'll take that observation and try to be more aware of it happening. Thanks!!!! As we move forward, with future gigs, keep an eye on that for me. I'm sure there are a lot of other small miscues I'm having, but they'll all go away. Thanks, again, Rich.

So as not to take you all off your scrutinizing function, (I do want to hear it) here's a couple AC/DC songs that I totally ruined. LOL. I'd never played them, don't really like to and am trying to put my heart in it. Just was never a band I cared that much about.

So here you go, beat me bloody.....

Signature here

User Info Menu

Here's another one. I like this song and am still getting all it's parts figured out as are a few others in the band....lol. I just love first gigs when we aren't really ready.....hahahahaa

Signature here

User Info Menu

First couple of gigs are always tough. Chemistry still being made. It will be fine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    First couple of gigs are always tough. Chemistry still being made. It will be fine.
    Yep. What gets me is when after 60+ gigs and 3 years of weekly practices, there's still the occasional "off night". It's all just part of the game.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Bish what kit are you using
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yep. What gets me is when after 60+ gigs and 3 years of weekly practices, there's still the occasional "off night". It's all just part of the game.
    Yep, or when you have an awesome rehearsal just prior to a gig then the gig........not so much. Makes you scratch your head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    Bish what kit are you using
    My 3 pc TAMA Starclassics. 22X16 BD, 16X16 FT, 12X8 mounted.
    Signature here