Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever had your IQ tested?

User Info Menu

Default Have you ever had your IQ tested?

What was your score?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Have you ever had your IQ tested?

Started at 145, but being a drummer, I pushed it to 160 by the end...

User Info Menu

How or where should I send my IQ to get tested? I believe the last time I had it tested, it failed.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 03-02-2015 at 02:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Back in school. Top 1 percentile. It means crap.

It basically shows your potential, which, in French, means you ain't worth nothing yet.

User Info Menu

Re: Have you ever had your IQ tested?

Every bad deal that appears is an IQ test.

User Info Menu

Someone tried to test me once.

I ate his liver with some Fava Beans & a nice Chianti.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

high school basically got thru by a prayer fast forward 40 years and now I design and commission renewable fuel plants go figure.

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

I messed around with a few online tests, but the problem with those is more often than not they give a false sense of what your IQ really is. They aren't administered by licensed professionals who have studied the brain and know how to accurately determine things like this. Intelligence is a broad term as well as a complicated aspect, and as such has a number of variables to consider before you can really stamp a score on someone with any degree of unquestionable certainty. And let's say you have the IQ of Albert Einstein or Sigmund Freud, then what? Would you know how to use it? Possession is only part of it, there's also application. There should be multiple tests conducted to get a better idea of the real story.
    Last edited by Russ; 03-02-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I think I'm an 8, no wait..........Or is that how many beers I can drink before I have to pee?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Started at 145, but being a drummer, I pushed it to 160 by the end...
    Funny.

User Info Menu

135-145. Doesn't really mean much. For all my "gifted and talented" crap, i squandered it all and now push to trucks at 3 in the morning.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I tried to find (out of curiosity) what Einsteins IQ was, but he never took 1, mainly because they didn't exist in his time.

This was written about IQ tests:

Einstein never took an IQ test (they are a fairly recent development) so no one knows what his IQ is. But the fact that he was brilliant in some fields doesn't mean he would have had a high IQ. There are people, called 'idiot savants' who are incredibly brilliant in one field, but hopeless at other things. For some reason, mathematics is often the field of special intensity - they can calculate numbers in their heads that you or I would have trouble entering into a computer, and solve them faster than the computer. They can tell you what day of the week any date in history was, or project it forward into the future. But they may not be able to figure out how to get across town on a bus. So IQ, no matter how high it is, doesn't always indicate brilliance. And your personal IQ can and does vary over your lifetime, so it isn't a set number.
    It is used as a guide, however. IQs of under 80 are generally deemed to need assisted living conditions, those with IQs over 135 are MENSA level. These are people who sit around and do math problems for fun and find sudoko and crosswords much too easy.
    Some people with high IQs are not especially socially adept, because they can't understand how other people (with lower IQs) have such trouble understanding things that come naturally to the. Others with high IQs are wonderful, kind and caring people. So there aren't really any generalizations you can make about people with high or low IQs

If it means anything, most serial killers had above average IQ's. Several were past 150. Go figure.

User Info Menu

Don't believe in them, the idea that intelligence can be quantified is, without intention to offend, only useful for discovering the idiots who think that is possible.
    Wear hearing protection.

User Info Menu

Way back in 6th grade, they did some testing. I didn't know what it was all for, but later on in life, my mom told me that they were testing my IQ, because I was one of a handful at the top of the class. Mom never told me what they found out, because she didn't think it would have been good for me to know.

To this day, I have no idea whether they found out if I was more toward the top, or the bottom. Frankly, I couldn't care less.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Great replies everyone. This is one of my favorite memes. A commentary on our education system and what Russ and Rick were referring to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Great replies everyone. This is one of my favorite memes. A commentary on our education system and what Russ and Rick were referring to.

My money's on the fish.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    My money's on the fish.
    Well now we know your IQ.

User Info Menu

I haven't had my iq tested. It would be pretty cool to know it, but at the same time I don't think i'd want to know. If it's lower, I'll feel pretty bad. If it's higher... Well there's no downside to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I haven't had my iq tested. It would be pretty cool to know it, but at the same time I don't think i'd want to know. If it's lower, I'll feel pretty bad. If it's higher... Well there's no downside to that.
    Oh yes there is. People expect more out of you.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Way back in 6th grade, they did some testing. I didn't know what it was all for, but later on in life, my mom told me that they were testing my IQ, because I was one of a handful at the top of the class. Mom never told me what they found out, because she didn't think it would have been good for me to know.

To this day, I have no idea whether they found out if I was more toward the top, or the bottom. Frankly, I couldn't care less.
    I had something very similar. Only a few of us in school took the test. I don't know what I actually scored, but my parents got a report that said I ranked in the 98th percentile (top 2%) nationally. I always figured it was just some obscure "achievement test", but my brother, who was in college at the time, told me it was a form of IQ testing they used to perform. It doesn't matter anyway....I now have a wife that knows everything
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Well now we know your IQ.

Remember the tortoise and the hare.

I was a member of Mensa for several years, thank you very much.

It's like being stuck in a room with 25 guitar players, each of which knows more about your car, your GF, and how you should play your drums.

1 upmanship carried to the nth degree.

User Info Menu

Well, my father called me pea brain so I wonder what IQ level that is lol.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 03-03-2015 at 08:21 AM.

User Info Menu

that cartoon meme is spot on.

User Info Menu

It's funny when people say they know their IQ, it's always high. Same with SAT scores...I rarely hear someone say what they got on their SAT's if it's low. Truthfully, I've never taken an IQ test and wouldn't want to. It would not benefit me nor would it give me a raise/promotion at work. Now, I only got a 980 on my SAT...back when 1500 was the highest score you could get. I never studied, didn't prep, took it hung over...excuses yes, but I still went to a great university and have a great job.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    It's funny when people say they know their IQ, it's always high. Same with SAT scores...I rarely hear someone say what they got on their SAT's if it's low. Truthfully, I've never taken an IQ test and wouldn't want to. It would not benefit me nor would it give me a raise/promotion at work. Now, I only got a 980 on my SAT...back when 1500 was the highest score you could get. I never studied, didn't prep, took it hung over...excuses yes, but I still went to a great university and have a great job.
    I scored a 1210 on my SAT's.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi