Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gretsch USA-DW Collectors Shoot Out

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gretsch USA-DW Collectors Shoot Out

I have intentionally waited to listed to this at work because there I have some great speakers on my desktop, including a sub and stereo mids & highs.

Bottom line..............both kits sound very good and not enough difference in the quality about which to comment.
    Would still love to test-drive both for the ultimate comparison.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rritter View Post
    Yes you are likely right about the mix having some differences. I have given a second listen and as I said both kits sound great. The Gretsch snare is a great sounding drum. Hang on to that one.
    I must agree with you. Although not as "flashy" as the DW, it's that Gretsch sound that makes me think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I have intentionally waited to listed to this at work because there I have some great speakers on my desktop, including a sub and stereo mids & highs.

Bottom line..............both kits sound very good and not enough difference in the quality about which to comment.
    Would still love to test-drive both for the ultimate comparison.
    I'll bring both up to Napa next time you're in my neck of the woods

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    In my opinion, as musicians, we play for the "phantom musicians" in the crowd. There's no denying this and if you gave me a choice, I rather play on a $7k worth of DWs and if I were a guitar player, it would be the Gibson 335. Why?...Why not?
    i must be part of the minority then again, never really considered myself a "musician" ....
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Judging from the turnout at our last gig, my band plays for phantom audience members...
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    i must be part of the minority then again, never really considered myself a "musician" ....
    A pair of wooden dowels, some thin sheets of plastic stretched across hollow wooden cylinders and a few flat, round sheets of pressed cast bronze metal; when one can create this, as far as I'm concerned, drummers are musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Judging from the turnout at our last gig, my band plays for phantom audience members...
    Really? I saw the video from your last two gigs...you guys had them cheering for more!

Last edited by late8; 07-08-2016 at 08:34 AM.

User Info Menu

i like it
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN