Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bish

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bish

Like Markthechuck, I got the news via Facebook. Again, sorry for your loss Bish....hang in there man.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Shame to hear about this, i'm sure she was well loved and meant a lot to you. We're all here for you though, that'll never change. Hang in there my man.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Ouch Bro! So Sorry Mark/Bish!

User Info Menu

My condolences, Mr. Bish. :(

User Info Menu

Bish, I know what it's like to lose loved ones. I just want you to know that everyone on this thread supports you! Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I'm not a regular here but I still send you my condolences. All the best for you and your family at this time.

User Info Menu

Bish, I know that losing a parent sucks - no matter if it was expected or not. When I lost my dad I kept hearing "At least he's in a better place..." I know that, but it doesn't make it any easier on me. There is nothing that can be said that will help, but if you want to call me and just cry or get mad together I'm there for you.
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Bish, I know that losing a parent sucks - no matter if it was expected or not. When I lost my dad I kept hearing "At least he's in a better place..." I know that, but it doesn't make it any easier on me. There is nothing that can be said that will help, but if you want to call me and just cry or get mad together I'm there for you.
    And that's why you got a kit sent to you!

User Info Menu

So sorry for your loss Bish.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Sincere Condolences

all the best...

User Info Menu

Bish,

So very, very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom almost exactly a year ago, so I know how it feels...and it feels awful. I miss her every day. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Unfortunately death is a part of life. But I know your strong enough to overcome this dark event in your life, Mark. Hang in there, man.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the messages. I can't express my gratitude and elation enough.

Tonight we had a celebration/memorial for the immediate family to share our thoughts and feelings, impressions and anything that anyone had to say about our mother.

WARNING: I'm going to go into some details about the last 8 days. If you don't care or don't want to read what happened you can stop here and I thank you for your kindness and comments during this difficult time. If you would like to know what happened, I'm ok to talk about it and I'll share a rough overview of what happened. If I cross any boundaries please feel free to edit or have me edit anything. Otherwise, here's an outline of my last 8 days.

My dad is 91 and feisty as ever. He's doing fine.
    I have 2 younger brothers, one lives in the same town as myself and my family, where my parents finally moved back to after being away for 30 years. They moved back roughly a year ago.

This is the town where my mother passed away. My youngest brother lives out near Xsabers and he had to fly in. Fortunately for him, he wasn't here to witness the event as myself, my middle brother, my dad, my wife and my 3 daughters had to experience.

Mom was admitted to ER Tuesday 8/26 around 1PM CST after being found unresponsive by my dad. My brother and his wife went with the ambulance. She wasn't breathing and was bleeding from her mouth and nose. I made it to the hospital around 4 PM. Dad was still at home believing the best. We stayed until they were going to move her to ICU after being stabilized. She had a serious infection in her GI tract and was bleeding internally. She wasn't breathing on her own and they had her vented and on bp meds to basically sustain her.

Later that night the nurse called to say we should come back up as her vitals were dropping. We did but found she had restabilized and around 1 AM Wednesday 8/27 we all went back home.

Wednesday morning I was called back up around 10 AM. (I was at work) My dad had come up by this time and every one was waiting on me. We received the updates from the doctors and at this time she had not regained consciousness and still would not breath on her own.

After consulting with the doctors, due to her weakened condition they indicated she would not survive any operations and she wasn't coming back.

So my brother and I took our dad into another meeting room and talked for at least an hour to convince him it was time to let her go. We had him agreeing and the doctors came back in and after being informed as to what was going to happen we all 3 agreed it was best. 2 PM they pulled all life support functions and 2:10 pronounced her.

Science Care out of Colorado came to claim the body for science which was her wishes. She is also being used for donor purposes if at all possible.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post away. I'm doing great. I'm strong and accept what has happened. I have good support from my family as I support them and with all the help from above, we couldn't be better.

Thank you all again for your cares and concerns. I shared this page with my dad and he was overwhelmed and astonished. He hasn't and never will use a computer so this was pretty cool.

To you all = from my family to you. Me, cheers...
    Last edited by Bish; 09-03-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish, glad to have you back buddy. It's tough to lose a loved one, that is for sure. I wish I had other words, but I don't. Glad to see you back.