Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drum Chat!

User Info Menu

Default Drum Chat!

I'm priveldged to be the first to post. Whoopee! - Now what?

User Info Menu

well...
    i love beatin the skins...
    ahh my first post.

User Info Menu

This seems like and interesting topic.....
    -Chance S.
    -I Live My Life By Psalms 150:5

User Info Menu

i would like to state...that i believe...the throne is the most important drum piece to me...

thank you
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Baw_Drummer
    i would like to state...that i believe...the throne is the most important drum piece to me...

thank you
    Why is that Baw?

User Info Menu

Well you got to stay comfiy and keep your but from going numb.
    -Chance S.
    -I Live My Life By Psalms 150:5

User Info Menu

.....Amen.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Why is that Baw?
    well think about it...what could u play standing up that is as good as sitting on your rump and playing it
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

yea and now with the backrests you can lean back too. next thing ya know we'll be finding a way to lay down and play.
    max

User Info Menu

sharp lookin site. glad i found it.
    I think the drummer should sit back there and play some drums, and never mind about the tunes. Just get up there and wail behind whoever is sitting up there playing the solo. And this is what is lacking, definitely lacking in music today. - Buddy Rich

User Info Menu

Thanks Drum Head. Welcome aboard and please pass the word.

User Info Menu

yea really!! haha im still using the oreo shaped thrones, but i want to get one with a back rest...ahh the luxury. in my band room, the drums are all squised up in the corner (this is like a 12" by 12" room to fit 6 musicians) and i have the wall as a back rest.
    heck yea

User Info Menu

I wish i had the luxury of a real drum stool......i have a normal tall kitchen stool with the legs cut down to size....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    I wish i had the luxury of a real drum stool......i have a normal tall kitchen stool with the legs cut down to size....
    jeesh we'll have to start a "buy utopia a stool" fund
    max

User Info Menu

not to sound even more pathetic...but my cut down kitchen stool is held together with ducktape.....

User Info Menu

hahaha one of my floor toms's leg is held together with duct tape...
    man is there anything duct tape caint do?

User Info Menu

Here's another hand for using a kitchen stool! Well, that was before I moved it up a notch and stole the little stool (say that 5 times fast: "stole the stool") from my pet parakeet. And yes, first I had to clean all the bird crap off. I'll just admit it right now! But hey, that thing served me well for 5 years before bending over and breaking just last week. So now it's back to the kitchen chair... : (

User Info Menu

Lol has utopia got a stool yet? Its a while down the track now :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Talking Re: Drum Chat!

I recently tried to rig my throne with a backrest from my old computer chair. Put screws in and everything. It was too crooked, so I took off the actual backrest part, kept the stem, and attached my stick bag to it so I could just reach down whenever I needed. But I couldn't bend the stem outta the way, so I took it off altogether and just rigged the bag to the throne itself. Works like a charm. I also moved the legs on my hi hat all the way up so the feet didn't get in the way of the second bass pedal. I'm amazed it stands as well as it does with no legs. haha But it works to my amazement. And I can switch between pedals at lightening speed and gain immediate access to my sticks...the way it should be. lol

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Chat!

Guys, guys, decent thrones are really not cost prohibitive. You just need to make it a priority.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    .....Amen.....
    very true

User Info Menu

More of these old threads appearing again - in this case the first one ever it would seem!!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Man this is the oldest. Has Utopia got a throne yet?
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

This just in......America is a country where half the money is spent buying food, and the other half is spent trying to lose weight.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
    This just in......America is a country where half the money is spent buying food, and the other half is spent trying to lose weight.
    As amazing as it seems, this is so tragicly true!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!