Thread: Tama?! Where Is Your Support!

User Info Menu

Angry Tama?! Where Is Your Support!

Okay, I've got a problem with my snare. It keeps coming out of tune and just sounded like crap, so my dad checked it out and the rim is bent and one of the screws.. well won't screw into the lug.... My question is.. WHERE IN THE NAME OF JOHN BONHAM IS TAMA'S SUPPORT!! All I'm getting on there website is dealers and parts... what do I do?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama?! Where Is Your Support!

get a new screw, and bend back the rim. (i took a bent hoop into my old shop teacher, and he fixed it perfectly)

User Info Menu

Fred, it would appear that you need to go to the store where you bought the snare.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Fred, it would appear that you need to go to the store where you bought the snare.
    I bought it online.. from Musicians Friend

So contact them?

Thanks bob!

User Info Menu

You definitely have to go to the store.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

If you've had the snare more than 30 days, MF will tell you to contact the manufacturer.

If it isn't an obvious factory flaw you will be hard pressed to get the factory to back you. They'll claim mis-use or abuse. JMHO.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    If you've had the snare more than 30 days, MF will tell you to contact the manufacturer.

If it isn't an obvious factory flaw you will be hard pressed to get the factory to back you. They'll claim mis-use or abuse. JMHO.
    I'm not quite sure if it's a factory flaw. I no for sure I didn't bend the rim, Every time I take it off it's stand it goes straight to it's case. But whatever happens,happens right

User Info Menu

You could always just upgrade to diecast hoops.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Try to take it back to where you purchased it and get a replacement product.
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom- Black with Chrome Hardware
    22 x 18 Bass Drum with Evans EMAD batter and EMAD reso
    6 x 14 Snare with Evans Genera HD Dry batter over Hazy 300
    12 x 9 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    13 x 10 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 16 Floor Tom Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

If it were me I would take the rim and put it on a flat surface and see where it was bent mark it with a felt tip marker at the start of the bend and where it ends and then take a soft hammer like a plastic/resin tipped hammer (Craftsman makes one) or a rubber mallet and work slowly and bend it back. Another option if you have access to a bench vise is to put a couple of pieces of wood on either side of the bend and squeeze it back true with a vise. If you work slowly and evenly you should be able to true the rim up with little effort. If all else fails just order a new one from one of the drum parts houses that are on the internet, they only cost about $15.00 at most. Either way this is a simple problem to solve really!

User Info Menu

Contact MF and if within the warrenty period they back it. If not, then head to a local music shop and get a new rim and lug. Your issue is very easy to fix and is not very expensive to correct.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fredr View Post
    Okay, I've got a problem with my snare. It keeps coming out of tune and just sounded like crap, so my dad checked it out and the rim is bent and one of the screws.. well won't screw into the lug.... My question is.. WHERE IN THE NAME OF JOHN BONHAM IS TAMA'S SUPPORT!! All I'm getting on there website is dealers and parts... what do I do?

Well, why don't you just order the parts you need and fix the drum yourself? Before you do that, however, I would suggest testing some of the other tension screws to see if they work in the lug that is in question. If not, then you need to replace that lug as well. As for Tama's support, they are located in Japan and China...not exactly around the corner. At least they give you some "Online" source to get parts. If you haven't had the drum for more than a year, you might try contacting MF and look into a replacement drum....just as PB kindly suggested. While you're at it, chalk this up to experience in learning about quality...Tama is not a bad company but the Swingstar lineup is not their best product.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

i love tamas pedals all i have played for years
    a part broke on one of the 08 rolling glides the newer versious, went to tama to get the part, they didn't do it, so had to send me an old part off the first pedal, was pissed about that i have to say.
    Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.

User Info Menu

Bummer About Dat Support
    Glad All Drum Companies Dont Behave That Way
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Hoshino Gakki Group
    1726 WINCHESTER RD., BENSALEM, PA, 19020 U.S.A.
    TELEPHONE(215)638-8670
    FAX(215)245-8583

Best of luck
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site