Thread: Bring on the Bass Drum

User Info Menu

Default Bring on the Bass Drum

Here's a cover of a somewhat familiar tune (I think). I'm trying to beef up the bass drum and lower toms? It's a minus track so it's just the ddrums in the mix.

http://www.expressinghope.com/drums/

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bring on the Bass Drum

The drumming was great!

I don't think the bass drum was very thuddy. I've heard your set sound better but it wasn't bad. I'm not making any sense am I'm?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Makes perfect sense Bish! I haven't been 100% satisfied with my bass drum tone with this kit. I'm really considering picking up a Yamaha sub kick to experiment with? You ever messed with one of those?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDog View Post
    Makes perfect sense Bish! I haven't been 100% satisfied with my bass drum tone with this kit. I'm really considering picking up a Yamaha sub kick to experiment with? You ever messed with one of those?
    No I haven't. I've looked at them but I think it requires another channel off the board and we are out of channels. I don't want to find I like it and then not be able to use it.

You might try changing out your reso head or plug up one of the holes. Maybe it's breathing too well??

I've found the best head for a bass drum is the Aquarian SK II, at least for my ears. The matching reso only has one hole in it.

Love it on my TAMA bubinga and just put one back on my Pearl Masters but I am tweaking it still. Takes a while with me.
    Signature here