Thread: Pearl BC-900 Boom Cymbal Stand

User Info Menu

Default Pearl BC-900 Boom Cymbal Stand

I had an opportunity to check this stand out, up close and personal.

WOW, they are being advertised at one mass retailer for 59.99. Reg. 84.99. This is confirmed cuz the sister site is still offering them at 85 while the other site has them on sale for 60. Most stands of this quality are much closer to the 100 dollar range and even at 85 dollars, it's still a top notch stand.

This is a double braced wide base rigid stand. There are two telescoping sections with memory locks plus the top knurled boom arm has a rotating head and will fit inside the other tubes for excellent compactness for transportation.

Upon putting the stand together I found that it will easily stand taller than 6 feet, fully extended. It has very little wobble at that height but is realistically too tall for most kit applications (in my situation).

Setting it low I tried it on the big Paragon 22" ride and it didn't move at all.

The large rubber feet also grip well and the stand will not slide at all.

I haven't found a better quality stand for this kind of money anywhere. If anyone is needing some extra boom/cymbal stands, this is a great value while the price is down.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl BC-900 Boom Cymbal Stand

for the info bish. and when its back at ragular price yamaha 800 series boom/convertible to straight stands are the same price and have a i beleive 5 year warranty on manufacturing defects. anyway thanks though bish, it seems like a good stand
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christiandrummer777 View Post
    for the info bish. and when its back at ragular price yamaha 800 series boom/convertible to straight stands are the same price and have a i beleive 5 year warranty on manufacturing defects. anyway thanks though bish, it seems like a good stand
    I have them Yamaha's and love 'em. I bought mine at my music store for $55 each

I've heard a lot of good things about the Pearl 900 boom stands
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom- Black with Chrome Hardware
    22 x 18 Bass Drum with Evans EMAD batter and EMAD reso
    6 x 14 Snare with Evans Genera HD Dry batter over Hazy 300
    12 x 9 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    13 x 10 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 16 Floor Tom Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

I just bought a BC-900 this weekend for my 15" A-Custom. $52 out the door including a 15% discount.

Holds the cymbal securely; completely stable base -- basically what you'd expect from a cymbal stand. Not as finely adjustable as the 1000 series, but a whole helluvalot less expensive.

Larrysperf Guest

I have some Pearl stands and think they are killer. but just use the tops now on my rack

User Info Menu

That boom stand would be considered a high end stand in the 70's. In fact, it's more stable than ludwig's top line "hercules" stuff they had back then. I always say get the hardware that does the job. If you really don't need a $160 cymbal stand strong enough to jack up your truck...don't do it. Tama used to make the top-line Titan cymbal booms like that, and slingerland magnum stands...48lbs!! :-|

Tama titan: "Overkill is good!"
    Last edited by AL LOY; 04-13-2009 at 03:50 PM.

User Info Menu

I've been impressed with the Ludwig 9000 series too, very heavy duty and sturdy but pretty expensive
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

I think I will look into getting this. My current stands are very wobbly and the little screw-things that hold the cymbal at a certain angle always come undone, so the cymbal falls to a vertical position. And that's when I'm just playing at home, not hitting too hard. Thanks for the info, Bish.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I own two BC-900's, and they are great.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    I think I will look into getting this. My current stands are very wobbly and the little screw-things that hold the cymbal at a certain angle always come undone, so the cymbal falls to a vertical position. And that's when I'm just playing at home, not hitting too hard. Thanks for the info, Bish.

I hope they meet or exceed your expectations like they did mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend D. View Post
    I own two BC-900's, and they are great.
    Good to know. Guess that shows I'm not too easy.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Pearl stands are great, they are a pain to move though they're heavy
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Can we ask bish, therocker and melvinspeed where did you buy them . We might buy also .
    thanks, ronnie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie51 View Post
    Can we ask bish, therocker and melvinspeed where did you buy them . We might buy also .
    thanks, ronnie
    I got all my Yamaha stands from my local music store, it's a big warehouse full of drum stuff, and they are a family run independent business. They always have a good stock and sell at very decent prices. I did buy a big heavy duty double braced Ludwig 900 series boom stand off Ebay for around $45, which is a good price as they retail for about $110. Ebay's a good place to have a good look around for some cheap quality gear, and little local music stores always have some good deals going on too.
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

I got mine at Sam Ash in Cincinnati. I bought mine on sale and I used a 15% off coupon as well.

When I check their website, they're listed at $75. Not quite as cheap but still a damn good deal considering the B1000 series checks in at over $110.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the review, im looking at getting some stands soon. Could it support a 14" floating tom? If not, what other stands would?

Cheers

User Info Menu

One of my BC900's is supporting a 22" Zildjian Mega bell Z ride, a DW Dog bone with a long DW boom arm and a 16" k Dark Crash. The other supports a 12"x10" suspended tom mounted on a DW single tom Arm, a 15" K Dark Crash, a DW Dog Bone, a 9" DW boom arm with an 18" Zildjian Rock Crash and a DW Puppy Bone with a pair of Zildjian 10" Special Recording Hi-Hats. Yes, they can easily support a 14" floor tom. They have NEVER shown any signs of instability AT ALL. They are great stands!
    Last edited by Reverend D.; 04-26-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.