Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pearl vs. yamaha vs. dynasty

User Info Menu

Default pearl vs. yamaha vs. dynasty

whats your take on the three myself i love pearl i would not drum on anything else let me now what your like and what your line plays on and go ahead and put down what head you use

User Info Menu

DW

srry I know you didn't mention it, but I have to say I prefer DW much more over any of those 3 anyday.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

yamaha then pearl for me right now i use pearl for my timpani

User Info Menu

I'm same as Timpanist09.. Although, after Yamaha I'd go for DW or Ayotte
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

picky

User Info Menu

well im talking marching drums not sets

User Info Menu

yeah pearl timpani heads

User Info Menu

yamaha sfz...but i like pearl better. we use remo tendura, and in winter we use remo black max with flamms 2 bottom heads

User Info Menu

we have yamaha snares and tenors which are brilliant nd pearl bass' which are good i suppose

User Info Menu

we have all yamaha and I hate them...I'd prefer to play on our old pearl drums...apparently we got a discount on the yamaha drums because we hosted the "Sounds of Summer" camp...but it got cancelled...I would've preferred to have gotten Dynasty...I like the way those look...
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

i hate yamaha, why would i buy drums from someone that makes snowmobiles and ski-doos, when i can buy them from a brand that only makes drums and puts all their time, dedication, and money into their drum products.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

finally, someone who understands my hate of Yamaha!
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Dynasty, There the best. All the best DCI lines use them and they could have any drum they wanted. Yamahas are to heavy. And Ive never played a pearl set or field snare that i liked.... Pearl does make the best arena series Hardware though... Dynasty. We use Pearl (sucks) with EVANS heads.
    But wat do I know Im just a cymbal player.
    What do ya call a drummer whos girlfriend just broke up with him???

Homeless.

User Info Menu

The dynasty batter head snare models are pretty much amazing, id take those over our sFz's any day of the week, but the sFz's arnt bad, of course, you need someone to tune them, and not the kids, or else you end up like OUR line, the kids all trying to get a high tune that the squad leader should have, and dont realise how to tune, or wont take their snare down because their not the leader

User Info Menu

I don't know which one is better I just know that our snare line uses yamaha's and they're pretty good. But I'm buyin a pearl so I'm goin with pearl my second choice whould be yamaha.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Cubarican Drummer Bo! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile!

User Info Menu

Hi Cubarican Drummer Bo! Welcome to the Drum Chat gang! Hope you'll hang out and enjoy the fun. I'm sure you'll learn alot around here, and we hope to learn from you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I like pearls, they are shiney and purty

User Info Menu

Our High School Has All Pearl.Remo Heads i Suppose.

User Info Menu

We have Pearl line at the moment (one tenor, on snare and three basses) but I would love a Dynasty line. Preferebly with two snares (you can do some sweet stuff with only two snares.)
    I've been told that Dynasty drums are really heavy.
    Is this true?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Default Re: pearl vs. yamaha vs. dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by andrumline91 View Post
    yamaha sfz...but i like pearl better. we use remo tendura, and in winter we use remo black max with flamms 2 bottom heads
    we use the sfz too also with black max and falams 2 .

User Info Menu

i love peals free floating snares (kit and marching). i am a proud pearl player however, i have to frown upon a couple of the remarks about yamaha instrument quality. thier reputation and craftsmanship are excelent, be it electronic keyboards and concert pianos to horns and drums and yes, motorcycles and watercraft. that is one company that puts alot of pride in any high end product they put thier name on. yamaha maple/oak/birch customs are as good of kits as tama starclassic, pearl masters, dw collectors...ect

User Info Menu

We use pearls and I love them i prefer dynsaty over yamaha though. We use Remo weatherking heads.

User Info Menu

on my kits i love my pearl snare.. ive played on some yamaha and never realli liked any of them, dynasty who?
    When Everything is coming your way, Your in the wrong Lane!

User Info Menu

Our line uses Pearls. Honestly I'd wish we would try some different drums because I'm not a fan of the tonal basses or the tenors. Before I was on the line many years ago, they used Ludwigs, but I don't know what those sounded like. I like my snare though, it's pretty good.
    It's a classic.

• How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better
    Neil Peart could have done it.