Thread: Thank you.....

User Info Menu

Default Thank you.....

I just felt led to post this thread. I am somewhat of an emotional guy(at times)or should I say I am not afraid of stating my feelings about something or someone, and with that I would just like to say.

THANK YOU

Thank you to all of you on this forum(I could name a few stand-outs, but I won't), because of all of you, I am a better drummer, and better friend, and a better husband and father. This forum is not all about drums(believe it or not), There is so much more going on, on this forum, there is so much that can be learned, besides drums, you just have to be willing to listen, it's truly priceless.

Again I have to say I have never in my 35 yrs of life, met such a wonderful group of people, this forum/FAMILY is truly something special, in more ways than one.

I will shut up now
    Last edited by DWdrumr; 04-16-2009 at 12:25 PM.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thank you.....

I feel the same way dude, this place is something special.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

You're welcome.

Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

You are welcome Kev! DC is great and we are all lucky to be a part of it. You are a great drummer...your knowledge in certain areas blows me away and I have learned tons from you. Keep those vids coming my friend because I/we always look foward to another mind blowing performance from you!!!

So...in closing, thank YOU!!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    You are welcome Kev! DC is great and we are all lucky to be a part of it. You are a great drummer...your knowledge in certain areas blows me away and I have learned tons from you. Keep those vids coming my friend because I/we always look foward to another mind blowing performance from you!!!

Amen to that.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Thank you to all of you on this forum(I could name a few stand-outs, but I won't), because of all of you, I am a better drummer, and better friend, and a better husband and father. This forum is not all about drums(believe it or not), There is so much more going on, on this forum, there is so much that can be learned, besides drums, you just have to be willing to listen, it's truly priceless.
    Dude, you hit the nail on the head there. This place is so much more than drums..... Oh, and guess what? Drum Chat is what it is because of the people, and you are a part of the people who make it, just like me, and all the others. I've learned alot from your videos, and I made my own. Someone watched my video and learned from it and made their own, and so on and so on.....

I forget where I heard it, but there is a concept that says a good teacher learns just as much from the student as the student does from the teacher. It's the whole give/take or the yin/yang thing.

In other words, you are just as responsible for drum chat being so cool as everyone else.

Drum Chat - FTW!
    Last edited by CycleDude; 04-16-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

KEV! We love you buddy!

This got me a little teary eyed

User Info Menu

Yea, it touched me too. Kevin, life is about growing and changing. Some stay in one place either due to their ego or just a lack of motivation. You seem to be humble and willing to really try and do your best and shoot for the stars. I think this state of mind creates winners in life.

Keep on keepin' on. (as they used to say in the 70's)

User Info Menu

Ah, yer all a bunch of................................................ ..drummers!

Thanks BTW!
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

I'm with ya bud on your feelings, Ive been real busy lately and spring and summer are my crazy times, Im not able to be on as much as I wish but I Know I will always keep returning every chance I get.

drum chat real cool fantastic place.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post

Diddo is all I have to say my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Dude, you hit the nail on the head there. This place is so much more than drums..... Oh, and guess what? Drum Chat is what it is because of the people, and you are a part of the people who make it, just like me, and all the others. I've learned alot from your videos, and I made my own. Someone watched my video and learned from it and made their own, and so on and so on.....

I forget where I heard it, but there is a concept that says a good teacher learns just as much from the student as the student does from the teacher. It's the whole give/take or the yin/yang thing.

In other words, you are just as responsible for drum chat being so cool as everyone else.

Drum Chat - FTW!
    Thanks man, I am just trying to contribute(or repay)from all the stuff I have learned from all of you.

And that saying is sooooooooooooo true.

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    KEV! We love you buddy!

This got me a little teary eyed
    You are a true sweet heart Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Yea, it touched me too. Kevin, life is about growing and changing. Some stay in one place either due to their ego or just a lack of motivation. You seem to be humble and willing to really try and do your best and shoot for the stars. I think this state of mind creates winners in life.

Keep on keepin' on. (as they used to say in the 70's)
    Drummer my biggest thank you goes to YOU, because we had an issue back in the day, and YOU gave me a second chance, and I honestly can not tell you how much that means to me. This forum is a family, and when that was taken from me, it hurt, and the fact that you gave me a second chance, really is a testament to just how cool this forum really is, and the members associated with it, so once again, thank you so much.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

This forum is not all about drums(believe it or not), There is so much more going on, on this forum, there is so much that can be learned, besides drums, you just have to be willing to listen, it's truly priceless.
    Well said Kevin! You nailed it brother, and I am very happy to be able to be a part of this exceptional forum as well!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Very much a different kind of forum. I call this place a home away from home.
    Thank you Kevin and thank you DRUMCHAT
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Aw you make me all warm inside!

- Zack

User Info Menu

Kevin, you're right on about this place and the peeps in it!!!

BTW, I've enjoyed many of your videos. Well done, brother!!
    bruarm - Mapex Mafia
    Mapex Pro M fusion kit natural finish
    Zildjians:
    14" K Custom Dark hats
    14" K Heavy Ride
    10" & 12" A fast splashes
    14", 16" & 18" A fast crashes
    Pearl Eliminator double kick
    Pearl free-floater brass snare (the deep one!!)
    not one, but 2 cowbells!!

User Info Menu

It's our honor to have you as an active member, Kevin.

You are an inspiration more than you know!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Alright, alright... enough of this lovey dovey stuff. I'm startin' to feel icky... can we talk sports or something manly now?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Alright, alright... enough of this lovey dovey stuff. I'm startin' to feel icky... can we talk sports or something manly now?
    No...because my Browns will suck bad this year. Being a Notre Dame guy I am very excited to have my man Brady Quinn FINALLY getting the starting QB slot...but who will he throw to????? Stallworth is in jail, and they traded Edwards and Winslow.

...great...
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

DW , we all feel like that cause this is the best darn board on the net , and you help make it that way.

Is all part of the journey ,glad youre back and keep them vids comin .

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Thank you.....

I just felt led to post this thread. I am somewhat of an emotional guy(at times)or should I say I am not afraid of stating my feelings about something or someone, and with that I would just like to say.

THANK YOU

Again I have to say I have never in my 35 yrs of life, met such a wonderful group of people, this forum/FAMILY is truly something special, in more ways than one.

I will shut up now
    Kev, you said it all...big high-five to ya, bro'! And as I always say--
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I'm with you man. It is a great place with great people.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.