Thread: What is the best,most natural feeling hi-hat controller?

User Info Menu

Default What is the best,most natural feeling hi-hat controller?

Hi: Looking to get a better feeling hi-hat controller and I am currently using a Pintech E-Gig pedal (switch), which is starting to feel a little clunky! How about a Roland or top line Pintech Hyperhat?. Just looking for a single controller, not the hi-hat stand. I am using a Roland Td-6V module.Thanks, Huck

User Info Menu

Default Re: What is the best,most natural feeling hi-hat controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Hi: Looking to get a better feeling hi-hat controller and I am currently using a Pintech E-Gig pedal (switch), which is starting to feel a little clunky! How about a Roland or top line Pintech Hyperhat?. Just looking for a single controller, not the hi-hat stand. I am using a Roland Td-6V module.Thanks, Huck
    how are you liking your module?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    how are you liking your module?
    Hi: The TD-6V module is o.k., so will suit me fine for a while, alot better than the TD-3 I had before! Maybe going to try a Roland 10" mesh head for the snare next. Thanks,Huck

User Info Menu

Cool Pintech Controller

Pintech has a controller that has been designed to mount on straight hi-hat stands. Though I'm still struggling with mine (since I use a remote hi-hat)....my opinion is...if you are able to set this (the controller) correctly...you'd be able to still use your normal hi-hat stand.

Here are some pictures of my e-kit:
    http://www.drumchat.com/showpost.php...postcount=4861

- Leigh

User Info Menu

The roland hi-hat and the expanded roland TD-20 are the best I have played
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

The Yamaha DTXtreme III module and RHH135 hihat are the best I've played!!...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    The Yamaha DTXtreme III module and RHH135 hihat are the best I've played!!...
    And a very nice set-up it is SW - hahahaha

I've owned Yamaha DTX II/III modules with the RHH-135 hi-hat and a Roland TD-10exp with the VH-11 hi-hat. Both are very responsive and I enjoyed playing both on my kits. However, neither will work very well with your TD-6 module. If you want to remain with Roland and want to use the VH-11 hi-hat, I'd suggest you upgrade to a TD-10/12/20 module. Hope this helped out Huck. ABC

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the replies! Huck

User Info Menu

For a cheaper option, try a Roland FD7 or FD8 - I use an FD7 and it gives a decent feel.

User Info Menu

My TD-9 kit came with an FD-8 hi-hat controller pedal. It works, but I'm thinking of getting a VH-11 and DW5000 stand.

My technique probably sucks, but I have difficulty getting half open and splash sounds from the hi-hat with the FD-8.

User Info Menu

roland vh-11
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

I use a Jobeky Truetime Hi-Hat Control, this unit fits to any standard hi-hat stand and can be used with your choice of electronic cymbals, top bit of kit and gives the full range of sounds (module dependant)

Well worth checking out, just Google "Jobeky Drums UK"
    eDrums: Jobeky Stealth Pro Kit - Roland TD8 Module - Jobeky/Pearl Hardware
    aDrums: Gretsch Catalina Maple - Jobeky/Peral Hardware - Dream / TRX / Stagg Cymbals

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat gteps!

As another Gretsch Catalina Maple kit player, I just have to ask which finish do you have? Be sure and get a pic of it up on the "Show Us Your Drums" thread.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hi pastor_bob, and thank you for the warm welcome to the Drum Chat forum.

Yes, I'm the very proud owner of a Gretsch Catalina Maple kit in the Cherry Red finish, and I will post pictures as requested, at this moment in time I'm giving the kit a bit of tender love and care, just like Dr Gonzo.

I have been finishing the inside of the shells, a very gentle rub down with some very fine wet and dry paper and the application of three layers of Liberon Black Bison wood wax with a little buffing to a shine, gives the wood a lovely warm look, then the fitment of some quality heads G2 coated batter side and G1 clears for the reso.

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to communicating with and learning from all the forum members.

Kind Regards

gteps
    eDrums: Jobeky Stealth Pro Kit - Roland TD8 Module - Jobeky/Pearl Hardware
    aDrums: Gretsch Catalina Maple - Jobeky/Peral Hardware - Dream / TRX / Stagg Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Hi: The TD-6V module is o.k., so will suit me fine for a while, alot better than the TD-3 I had before! Maybe going to try a Roland 10" mesh head for the snare next. Thanks,Huck
    Hi: I tried the 10" Roland mesh snare head on my Pintech Concertcast and it worked for about a week and then started acting up and I had to really force the hits to get a signal,so I played with the sensitivity and threshold,but in the end , I changed back to the stock Pintech mesh head.I thought that the Roland was a bit more "sensitive" at doing singles and doubles,but only for about a week!! I am looking into the Pintech Hyperhat,Hart E-variable,Roland FD-7.I am looking for a "smooth" feeling pedal,but has to be the variable type. Thanks,Huck