Thread: custom drums

User Info Menu

Default custom drums

how come canada only has ayotte .if i wanted to but a custom kit i would have to buy one some where in the states and it would kill me me on shipping n duty . i also feel as though ayotte is to pricey. consider that ray doesn't even work there . if any body knows of any other custom drum companies in canada please let me know.

User Info Menu

Exclamation

Wells Custon Drums are built in Canada ! There are several others also.

User Info Menu

I believe that Mapleworks are also built in Canada.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

If I had a Canadian drum manufacturing company, I'd call it Eh, or Take off, and we'd make a Doug & Bob McKensie signature set.

User Info Menu

hosehead percussion eh.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    If I had a Canadian drum manufacturing company, I'd call it Eh, or Take off, and we'd make a Doug & Bob McKensie signature set.
    Two free beer holders with every set. With a Doug & Bob set, you can't just call them cup holders

Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kromberg
    Two free beer holders with every set. With a Doug & Bob set, you can't just call them cup holders

Keith
    Actually, I think we'll market McKensie Bros. signature camelback. We can call it the "MooseHump".

I'm also thinking there might be a buck in marketing sheet music for French Canadians. No matter what song it is, the drum music is in a totally different time signature, tempo, and dynamic level from whats written for the rest of the musicians (think about it...it'll come to you).

User Info Menu

Ayotte also makes Taye drums, and for the $$$ they are sweet. A friend had Taye Custom Originals, and they are real beauts.

You used to be able to also buy CanWood drums, but I don't know much about the brand ot if they are still around.

User Info Menu

oh RD your canada bashing is really startin to get to me

Mackenzie brothers, and two beer holders

pfff at least we know how to make beer eh??

ya thats right
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Easy, bro. Just josh'n. I love Canada. I've only had the pleasure of going there twice, but I can say without reservation that it's unbelievably beautiful and Canadians are (IMO) the most gracious folks on the face of the planet. The U.S is very blessed to have such a wonderful neighbor to the north. LONG LIVE CANADA!!!

User Info Menu

My favorite drum company is located in Canada.UDrum...They are the Best drums I have ever seen.Paul from Silverstein plays a UDrum set.They are an awesome drum company.

Sincerely,
    Keith..BTOT.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    oh RD your canada bashing is really startin to get to me

Mackenzie brothers, and two beer holders

ya thats right
    oh go screw a moose
    just kidding, i would move to canada in a heartbeat.

User Info Menu

There is also Tempus Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture

Oh you mean like molson or labatt? That's not beer it's moose piss. Real beer comes from eourope. mmmmm guinness.......harp......pilsner urquell

All this canada talk reminds me. Ever notice how they spell the name of their country?

C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

anyone, anyone?

User Info Menu

Ayotte doesnt make Taye they are their own company ray left ayot and joinedforces with taye

User Info Menu

Wells Custom,definately the way to go in Canada.Top service,advise,committment,and follow through.Give him a shot.If you want plastic or f/g there are others that do that.

User Info Menu

Canada....the world leader in being just north of the United States.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Canada...The worlds safe place for criminals!!...If you break the law up here the judge may be forced to raise his voice,and we wouldn,t want that!

User Info Menu

Default Re: custom drums

Hey guys, I used to be a drum tech. for Canwood Custom Percussion in the mid 80's. As far as I know, Fred Pepper, the owner, went into making P.A. systems, I don't think he makes drums anymore, too bad, they were, are, by far one of the best custom made drums around. I actually own the kit that was on display at Expo 86.

ThePloughman Guest

Epek Percussion......"We are located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada"

They have some very nice looking stuff.

When I purchased my Rogers Red Ripple drums from a guy in Regina, SK, these are the guys that packed and shipped them. They did a tremendous job, superbly packed, double heavy boxed, and everything arrived perfectly. They did not cut corners on that part.

User Info Menu

Canwood is still making drums. I am in contact with them right now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post

ROFL...............Im sitting here re-reading this thread, this guy cracks me up.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Canwood is still in operation? Say hi to Fred Pepper, I worked there in 85!