Thread: Awesome Jam Session!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Awesome Jam Session!!!!

So, I jammed with my bass player and my girlfriend's brother Jay (guitarist) today....man, what a jam!!! It was a BLAST!!! We ran through a couple Collective Soul songs, fiddled around with Hot For Teacher, and completely ran through Joe Satriani's "Summer Song" and "Crush of Love" (yes, Jay is THAT good).....we did an improv blues jam for about 15 minutes, lol....played some of Jay's original stuff....and we are definitely going forward....we'll probably be doing 70-75% covers and the rest originals......we need to find a really good vocalist, though....I sing, and the bass player sings, mostly harmonies, and I will sing lead on a handful of songs, but I don't want to be the "lead singer", ya know? Anyway, I still have a lot of good club connections from my days in that Metallica tribute band I was in, and Jay (the guitarist) knows a lot of people in the business too, so we will have no trouble getting booked.......and we need a name.......lol....any suggestions? OK, just wanted to share....rock on, people!!
    Last edited by BigTallG; 01-06-2007 at 08:13 PM.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG
    So, I jammed with my bass player and my girlfriend's brother Jay (guitarist) today....man, what a jam!!! It was a BLAST!!! We ran through a couple Collective Soul songs, fiddled around with Hot For Teacher, and completely ran through Joe Satriani's "Summer Song" and "Crush of Love" (yes, Jay is THAT good).....we did an improv blues jam for about 15 minutes, lol....played some of Jay's original stuff....and we are definitely going forward....we'll probably be doing 70-75% covers and the rest originals......we need to find a really good vocalist, though....I sing, and the bass player sings, mostly harmonies, and I will sing lead on a handful of songs, but I don't want to be the "lead singer", ya know? Anyway, I still have a lot of good club connections from my days in that Metallica tribute band I was in, and Jay (the guitarist) knows a lot of people in the business too, so we will have no trouble getting booked.......and we need a name.......lol....any suggestions? OK, just wanted to share....rock on, people!!
    you know you wanna sing on a bunch of night ranger covers
    you played in a metallica tribute band? i saw one years ago called battery. they were amusing. i grew up on old metallica, i was thinking of doing something like that but there have been a ton of metallica tributes. im thinking more of a genre tribute, covering all the classic thrash bands like metallica, megadeth, slayer, suicidal tendencies, anthrax, metal church...ect.
    i think this idea could get some pretty sweet gigs an be more fun than the classic/southern rock and blues cover band im working for. nothing against that tho, its making me more money than i ever made playing originall music.
    i would have to buy a 2nd kit tho to do the thrash band thing, natural finish maple and k customs just aint very METAL

User Info Menu

Night Ranger....HAHAHAHAHAHA.......that was too funny, bro!!

...but yeah, I know of Battery....the band I was in, we took all their clubs in the Northeast/New England, hehehehehe......I checked them out once, mostly smoke and mirrors....I didn't think they were all that good.

Here, check us out...http://www.purevolume.com/unforgivenmetallicatribute

...some live tracks.....careful of the F-bombs!!! (like you'll be offended, lol)
    I'm not in that band any more, but we were pretty damn good, and I made a TON of money with them, lol....I just got sick of playing the same stuff over and over and over and over and....well, you get the point.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Cool Awesome Jam Session!!!!

Whoa! We may kid about what we're going to do with Joy Donkey, but you're makin' me a little jealous with that jam session--sounds like you're not too far away from kickin' some very real and very serious ***!

(Jammin' the blues...sounds like somethin' I wouldn't mind jumpin' in on myself...will have to do some networking locally...)

BTW, here's a name you might consider--"Blue Nova." (don't laugh, it has nothing to do with a Chevy built between 1962 and 1979!) In astronomy, a "blue nova" is considered the hottest, most explosive phenomenon in the solar system...I had a college buddy who hung that nickname on a mutual friend of ours...while he did it as a joke, I think it'd be a cool name for a band who plays white-hot hard rock and jams on blues as well...

Somethin' to think about, man...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

savage animal man. SAVAGE ****IN' ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!