Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny Drumline Stories?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Talking Funny Drumline Stories?

I know I have my fair share of funny summer drumline stories. Let's just say being the only girl out of like 30 guys there are some funny things happening. So share them here!

Kelsey
    "Playing drums is like making love. You can't be looking down seeing what's going on trying to get the flow right!" --Drumline

Drums are what keep the band together!

Hold up! Wait a minute! Let us put some drums in ti! Ya'll ain't ready for what we about to put down. The badest drumline in the land! What we are you can't smoke, you can't sniff it cuz we were born with it. Get ready to see how we put it down Dragons style! Drumline get your thing on! --Drumline (modified)

User Info Menu

ive got one i was moving the pit stuff down to a warm up area and we had to go over a speed bump and i said to one of the kids in my section scott watch out speed bump ahead so what does he do he trys to avoid it and the next thing you hear is tou *** i drop my timpani and rush back to see what happened and he found th espeed bump the hard way his drums fell right on their side and me half the pit crew and the rest of my section help pick it up and went on to the warm up spot this was in pocoono moutain east for a comption we placed 7th out of 8 our score 80.2 wnd that was our last competion for the year

User Info Menu

i remember hearing stories of some stuff like one time a bass drummer chris dicided to put on a snare drum with out asking a big no no in my line but any way he put it on and went frolicking along the side walk and jumped over a curb and im not sure if anyone is familure with the pearl championship ffx snare and harnes but there are two hooks and the drum slides on to so you could just slide it off pulling upward if you wanted to but ya he jumps the curb and the drum goes flying off and rolls down the parking lot and the player of that drum sarah some how senses the dropping of her beloved drum turns screams and runs after her drum all the way across that parking lot

User Info Menu

Default Re: Funny Drumline Stories?

Quote Originally Posted by TIMPANIST09 View Post
    ive got one i was moving the pit stuff down to a warm up area and we had to go over a speed bump and i said to one of the kids in my section scott watch out speed bump ahead so what does he do he trys to avoid it and the next thing you hear is tou *** i drop my timpani and rush back to see what happened and he found th espeed bump the hard way his drums fell right on their side and me half the pit crew and the rest of my section help pick it up and went on to the warm up spot this was in pocoono moutain east for a comption we placed 7th out of 8 our score 80.2 wnd that was our last competion for the year
    you got 7th out of 8 with an 80.2? What did the band in 1st place get?
    my band got 2nd place at BOA Reigonals woo!

User Info Menu

oh god... drumline = good times... well this one time, we were doing a routine for a competition heriatge festival in town, and my friend got a brand new drum head for it, so we were in the middle of the routine and she flams it and goes right through it and it freaked her out, so she drops her drum and falls backwards, which freaked the next girl out so she falls over, pulling the guy next to her down with her and almost all of us fell down, and then tried to play it off like it was part of the routine. that was an interesting day... i have a ton of drumline stories... and omg, the band camp stories are even better...
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

i have a good one the school band was doing a parade and before we even got like three feet into it one of the bass drummers walked into a trash can and i was right next to him so i was laughing hystarically good times gooood times
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

i got another one one time three years when i eas on line we were practcing our drill and i had to crab backwards and triped over one of the colorguard flags andi went flying back and then some one triped over me and soon enough almost half the band fell over some who found some one who found me it was pretty funny

User Info Menu

It was after a marching band competition this year and we were marching back. When we got back to the truck to load our equipment I took off my snare first and put it off the ground, but I took my harness off to fast and the part that holds the snare on (the one that comes off the two hooks) flew off because it was loose and punctured a hole in my snare head . I thought I was gonna die at first because I just recently got a new head because my old one broke that same week. But I still dont know why the old one broke in the first place.
    4-mallets 4eva!!!

User Info Menu

My sophmore year I played Tenors and we were on the field marching our show The Wiz and I was laughing hard at the other tenor player because he had white socks on with our black pants and it was VERY noticeable....anyways we are marchin and start doing a 25 count crab walk backwards and all i remember is trippin on something and fallin on my back and the tonors came straight at my head...It was a wooden box that was for the show the drill team did not move...show kept going and when i came to we were on the next movement so i just casually got up and got back in line and started playin but after a while I noticed I had left my tenors on the ground....needless to say I was out of it for a while.....Good times....Just one of MANY MANY MANY stories....

User Info Menu

sweet man it happens its gold

User Info Menu

Also, we created our own frat called A.D.S. which stood for All Directors Suck and we would tell all the tuba players mainly the younger ones if they anted to see the Blue bass drum....then we would take them in the drum room and cut the lights and start moshin them etc....then it became a tuba drumline rivalry and we all started prankin each other and ended up going to principals because of Hazing and almost got assault charges on us.....Noone got hurt but the directors thought we were beatin the freshman up and tellin them to say it was all fun and games....

User Info Menu

sweet were you be honest

User Info Menu

haha

User Info Menu

Nahh we were all great friends and we would get in the room and go at....climbin on top of the drumselfs and jumpin on top of people....would get us all pumped up....

User Info Menu

sick and where is this

User Info Menu

what we do to get pumped is ussaly have a football game befor our game or competion it gets us so pumped

User Info Menu

Texas.....This was like over 5 years ago though....We also started a tape ball out of nothin but ducktape...Every drummer took turns babysitting it during the weeks and would add another roll...Ended up weighing close to 30 pounds and was bigger then a bowling ball....we would play catch with it and bowl it into the tuba players.....

User Info Menu

sweet

User Info Menu

hey timp....how come on timpani you cant cross stick? noone ever told me why not but i practiced a hard peice and ended up failin that section cuz i was cross stickin...whats the diffrence?

User Info Menu

i can cross stick it took alot of time and practice but i got it but it might just be something only a slect few might beable to do ive noticed at comptions im the only timpanist that cross sticks it rocks knowing that they cant and i can

User Info Menu

theres not much of a difference if you ask me

User Info Menu

ya noone does it because your not supposed to do it...its like against the timpani rules....do that at UIL and you will not get a good score....also get on the front page chat..

User Info Menu

its not like that down here at least i think ive done it for almost three years now and never got points taken off

User Info Menu

lets switch to a different page try the page i started schools we go to now

User Info Menu

kelsey are you on or is anybody on for the matter