Thread: My band's recent success!

User Info Menu

Default My band's recent success!

Recently, we came 2nd at a local battle of the bands, there were about 10 bands all up. Stoked about that, we played at another one hosted by my school, but we had all been busy and hadn't practiced since the last one. We also came second! Even with all the mistakes we made as a result of not practicing. We all think we would've come first if we had had the time to practice, and one of the judges told us that as well.

Oh, and also my other band (a much heavier one ) also played at the school event. We didn't get a place, but the crowd, surprisingly, loved us! They even boo'd when they announced the winners and chanted our name

I didn't though! I felt kind bad about that part but it wasn't us doing it so we couldn't help it. The winning band deserved the spot.
    Last edited by Bradmmm; 04-24-2009 at 06:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: My band's recent success!

Gratz, keep at it. Now get to practicing so you can come back and tell us you took the #1 slot :P

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Quadcam79 View Post
    Gratz, keep at it. Now get to practicing so you can come back and tell us you took the #1 slot :P
    Haha, if we played like we did in the first one at the school one we would have easily took out first in the school one. Still, we were happy with it! 300 bucks for 2nd at one and 150 for 2nd at the other was a nice bonus too

User Info Menu

Great job man. My band's first battle is next month on the 29th. I'm really excited about it. Hopefully we do as well as you guys did =)
    "I eat a lot of deserts and play Warcraft for three hours a day." - John Dolmayan on how he keeps himself from tiring out

User Info Menu

Awesome Brad. Makes you motivated to practice that much harder for the next one, eh?
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Awesome Brad. Makes you motivated to practice that much harder for the next one, eh?
    Definately

User Info Menu

Good going.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

Great news Brad! It really gets you pumped when you win competitions like that. I have been in two bands previously - one of them I came second with at a battle of the bands, then the next year I came first with another band Now I'm in a band that has fun but is serious about it at the same time. We want to get out there and play our music to people! That thrill of playing live...I miss it...
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

oh well, that's a story to tell. Good for you and your band. Keep it up. I plan to manage a band before but it's just not for me though. :D success is really a great price for anything huh?.