Thread: New heads rock!

User Info Menu

Default New heads rock!

Just wanted to share, I got some new Aquarian Performance II heads for my Toms and I really like the way they sound. Next I want to get either the Aquarian Super Kick I or the SKII for the bass drum.

User Info Menu

The baby can't sleep 'cause you're playing too loud! LOL

User Info Menu

i got a new snare head, its a remo pinstripe, almost exactly like my old one but my old one was like 5 years old.. and it was different
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

New heads definately make a difference, but brand news to me sound a little cr@ppy until they get a little break in time. After that, you can not 'beat' the sound

Keith

User Info Menu

Hey I noticed the crib in the background. Do you lulaby your baby to sleep at night with your drumming. From the crib to the drum throne. Getting your baby started early?...lol

User Info Menu

LOL, yeah we're taking the crib down. Right now the only room I have to set them up is in my son's room. I need a bigger house!

Is there a preference when it comes to the bottom heads? Will any single ply head work?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XJ99
    Is there a preference when it comes to the bottom heads? Will any single ply head work?
    For Toms and Floor Toms I have pretty much used single layer heads. For the snare, it is really important to have a snare bottom head. That head is very thin and makes the snares sound much better than any single head I have tried.

Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kromberg
    For Toms and Floor Toms I have pretty much used single layer heads. For the snare, it is really important to have a snare bottom head. That head is very thin and makes the snares sound much better than any single head I have tried.

Keith

Yeah I was referring to the toms.

Now that you mentioned the snare, are there any heads that help with buzzing? I hate hittting the 12" tom, it makes the snare buzz bad.

I've tried losening the lugs on either side of the snare wires and it still buzzes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XJ99
    Yeah I was referring to the toms.

Now that you mentioned the snare, are there any heads that help with buzzing? I hate hittting the 12" tom, it makes the snare buzz bad.

I've tried losening the lugs on either side of the snare wires and it still buzzes.
    The problem there is that the resonate heads of the snare and 12" Tom are very close in frequency. Either tight or loosen the Tom resonate head( bottom one ) a bit that that should eliminate the buzz.

Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kromberg
    The problem there is that the resonate heads of the snare and 12" Tom are very close in frequency. Either tight or loosen the Tom resonate head( bottom one ) a bit that that should eliminate the buzz.

Keith

I've been messing with the bottom tom head, and all it's doing is changing the way the tom sounds. I'm still geting a bad buzz. Maybe it's the cheap resonate heads that are on the toms. I saw a package of single ply heads at guitar center for $15. I think it's worth a shot!
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.