Thread: buying drums?

User Info Menu

Default buying drums?

I just started drumming and I have a practice pad. I was looking at this set at a local guitar center and it's just the drums for $200. It is a 5pc. set, and it is used. Comes with a snare base pedal and hi-hat stand. I was just wondering if it is worth buying it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: buying drums?

What brand/model ect?

User Info Menu

I believe it was like db drums or something haven't been able to go to the store for a week.

User Info Menu

and i am fairly new to drumming so I don't know the model or to much and don't remember the sizes

User Info Menu

Hmmm... Maybe DW? I would say if it's in decent condition and has all the hardware it would be tough to go wrong at $200. Floor kits at Guitar Center tend to be poorly set up so it's probably out of tune and such. Maybe not right away, but if you bought some nice batter heads I bet you could get a decent sound out of even a low level kit.
    zerOrings are bad people.

User Info Menu

al right thanks for the advice I might get to get it tonight so might have a pic up

User Info Menu

my guess is ddrum and we would need to know model to evaluate
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

yeah it was ddrum thank you i will look further into it to tell you guys details

User Info Menu

is ddrum a good company?

User Info Menu

pretty sure that it is a dios walnut i believe

User Info Menu

Whoa there tiger! A Ddrum Dios walnut kit is from their exotic series, and the shell pack alone sells new for about 2 grand USD.

Please let us know when you've checked it out.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

i am prob wrong with the model i know not to to much about drums thanks though and like i said if i buy it i will post a pic

User Info Menu

a ddrum for $200... if it has a wrap finish make sure to check that the wrap was applied to the shell straight... and that it's still attached (not loose). I almost bought one of their lower end kits but the wraps scared me away. Check for broken lugs too.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

ok thanks for the tip. yeah it has a cool maroon finish and suprisingly at the price no dings pretty decent quality

User Info Menu

it maybe a ddrum diablo at this price

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captcork View Post
    is ddrum a good company?
    Like all major companies, ddrum has good stuff and lower end. But still, you should definitely go for a ddrum set for $200 as long as there's nothing wrong with it.

Good luck!
    "I eat a lot of deserts and play Warcraft for three hours a day." - John Dolmayan on how he keeps himself from tiring out

User Info Menu

For $200 get what you can...might make a decent starter kit to learn on. Don't bother yourself about the quality...in truth, it won't be much. However, you are just starting out and you won't be needing any high - end kit for the time being. A few years from now, if you're still with it, you will be better prepared and more knowledgeable about what to look for in decent drums and related gear. And, if you haven't already, find a good Teacher to study with.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

I am glad that you (top dogs) guessing you have been members for a while, anyways as i was saying i am glad you guys are willing to help out a new drummer and member. i love the advice espically the last thing of advice. But sadly I think that it might be a few months before my parents will allow me to buy a set so i guess i will be here with questions like this a ton. but as i said eliear i cant thank you guys enough