Thread: Drummers

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Drummers

Does Anyone Have A Loved One Who Plays The Drums

User Info Menu

Cool Drummers

Hey, drummer dude, I could be a real smart-aleck and say "me." But as far as your actual question, I have a couple of little guys in my circle of "loved ones" who could well be on their way to becoming drummers. The leader of the guitar group with whom I play percussion at church has a 16-month old son who liked my bongos and congas from the first time I set him on my lap to let him bang on them at approximately 9 or 10 months of age. (Of course, his dad plays keyboards and two other guys in our group play bass and guitar, so it is entirely possible the little guy's gonna play more than one instrument by the time he's five or six!)

The other one surprised the heck out of me at a family reunion last fall. He is a great-nephew (son of one of my nieces); He is barely 18 months old and was bangin' sticks against a trash can at the reunion...found out that he loves to "drum" with sticks (and hands), much to my pleasant shock and surprise, so I'm gonna be working with him as often as I get to see him...

guess you can call them my "little bongobros..." 'cause I'm gonna work with both of them to start--as well as--
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

well... my sister, my other sister, my dad, my uncle, my other uncle, my other uncle, my cousin, my other cousin, my other cousin, my other cousin, my other cousin, so on for like 4 more cousins... and my grandpa, my grandma, [she played a ltl bit after she got married.. my grandpa taught her]and my great-grandpa.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

WOW Lezzle, where they all drummers? That puts a new meaning to runs in the family...lol

User Info Menu

my oldest son plays about as much drums as i play guitar, just enuff to get an idea across.

User Info Menu

My great-grandmother (who was dead LONG before I was born) was a drummer in a jazz band in the '20s.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.