Thread: New guy here

User Info Menu

Smile New guy here

Hello all,Dave Huffman here. I have been playing drums for about 40 years.
    I currently play GMS-Payne Perc. drums & use Zildjian sticks & cymbals.
    I live near Champaign IL. & play drums in the Full Throttle Rock n Blues band
    I have been over at Drum Forum.org since it started & was on the old drumcenter.com forum before that.
    I also have a mid 80's Ludwig kit with a 14"X28" bass drum 13"X14" rack tom 16"X16" floortom & a 5"X14" ludwig metal snare. I am having the drums refinished in a red silver Duco style paint job.
    I use DW 9000 series pedals also & GMS cymbal stands.
    I love to talk drums & druming!

Dave H.
    Last edited by Dave H.; 01-08-2007 at 09:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Cool New guy here!

Hey, Dave, you're in the right place! I'm a bit further south of you, in the Granite City area....

As you can probably tell from the avatar and my site name, I dig hand percussion (and have played same with several groups in the area as well as my "steady" gig as percussionist for my church's guitar group).

You're gonna find a lot of guys and gals who love to talk drums--and since you've been playin' for 40 years, I'm sure you've got some advice you'll want to share along the way!

Later for now, Dave...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Dave! The "experienced" guys are what really add character to the group and make it that much more valuable for everyone. Glad to have you on board.

User Info Menu

GMS... sweet stuff. welcome to drum chat.

User Info Menu

welcome!

theres a good variety of people here, some that have been playing for half a year, and some that have been playing for 40 years! thats quite an accomplishment. welcome and have fun =]
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Welcome

User Info Menu

Welcome to DrumChat.Com!I have only been here since December,And so far everyone has been nice,Etc...I play a Ludwig set too,But mines a bit newer since I'm only 16 years old lol.I have a Ludwig Accent Custom...Well I hope You enjoy DrumChat.Com.....

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drumchat Dave. There are a great group of drumers here. I know your experience and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard. When you drums are done be refinished, post some pics of them

Keith

User Info Menu

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's good to have another place to talk drums!
    I have always been into how drums are made & have done some rebuilding & stuff like that.
    Dave H.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H.
    Thanks for the warm welcome, it's good to have another place to talk drums!
    I have always been into how drums are made & have done some rebuilding & stuff like that.
    Dave H.
    I built a set from blank shells, a pile of hardware, and rolls of wrap. It started out as a recover project, but removing the old shell wrap was a complete PITA, so I ended up buying new shells in the sizes I want. Building the whole kit, a 9 piece set, took about 25 to 30 hours over a week. I am very happy with them and knowing I did them myself is even better

Keith

User Info Menu

Welcome abaord!

User Info Menu

Hi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kromberg
    I built a set from blank shells, a pile of hardware, and rolls of wrap. It started out as a recover project, but removing the old shell wrap was a complete PITA, so I ended up buying new shells in the sizes I want. Building the whole kit, a 9 piece set, took about 25 to 30 hours over a week. I am very happy with them and knowing I did them myself is even better

Keith
    That would be very gratifying playing a set that you know you built.

User Info Menu

Hey! Welcome! Everyone here is like a big family. We all try to help and advise each other as much as possible. Your input is not only welcome, but appreciated. So, post often.....
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction