Yeah DamageDrummer does not own his own mic for the kick (some rockstar huh?). The only reason why is because someone always supplies one for me, but it is usually just a regular, plain ol' mic on a stand, which does work fine, but I want something that acctually is meant for drums, and looks clean.

At the most popular club out here in Sacramento (the boardwalk), the sound technician uses a specific kick drum microphone that he puts inside of my kick and attaches it to a Velcro strip that I put into the bottom of the drum for this specific club. I absolutely love this mic! but I have no idea what its called. I have tried searching through the musicians friend website but I cant seem to find the one that he uses, much less too many internal mics.

It seems like the internal mic is not that popular, being as I cant find too many of them anywhere. I have never used an electric device of any kind for music, so I have a couple of electro newbie questions:

Questions: How many people here actually use internal microphones? Any metal drummers? Does it make a difference that I do not use a pillow or pad for muffling (only a batter head ring)? Will this mic be compatible with any P.A. system in future clubs that we play in? And does it matter that my kick is 23 1/2" long, and it can be ringy if its tuned too high, will this cause feedback?

thanks in advance for all replys- sorry so much text: i am a newbie to the sparky world, but its time to start.