Thread: Hannover Fist

User Info Menu

Default Hannover Fist

This is my band. It is named after a character from the movie "Heavy Metal". We have been together for over 20 years now. It has basically been a hobby band in that we get together and have fun. We get toether once week and play for about 3 hours. It consists of:

Lead Guitar/ Lead Vocals
    Bass Player
    Rhythm Guitar
    Drums - Myself

Over the time together, we have gone through about 10 bass players. It seems like every time we get to a point, we could start playing places, the bass player leaves and we start all over.

We are getting ready to go through another change. The original lead guitar/vocalist left about 5 years ago since his family was needing more and more of his time. Now that his kids are older, he has more time to play. We are also going to do the bass player switch again. The current one is OK, but she just has not grown or gotten better in the last couple of years. We have also moved more to the softer side of rock, where I enjoy the harder 80's

Here is the current set. Much smaller then some in the past.
    Set List

Here is a recording that I have dug up. It is about 4 years old. My brother, rhythm guitarist, has bought a fancy new multitrack recorder and are planning on recording some more stuff.
    Hit Me With Your Best Shot
    All The Small Things

Here is a older and ruffer one with the original lead/vocalist.
    Gimmie Three Steps
    Down Stream

Keith
    Last edited by kromberg; 01-19-2007 at 07:54 AM.

User Info Menu

Fixed mp3 links

Keith

User Info Menu

"Suite Madam Blue", love that song, especially the part right before the guitar solo where the keys are hanging on that one note and then the guitar comes in with that killer riff...

(keys)bbbblllllrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee....(guitar)Da Do Duh, schika chik-Gu Da Du Daah, Da BOOM BOOM, schika chik-Gu Da Du Duuhh, Da BOOM BOOM, schika chik-Gu Da Daah, Da Do Da, schika chik-Gu (drum fill) blik-itta, blik-itta, blik-itta, blik-itta Do Duh, schika chik...

My favorite Styx is "Queen of Spades". Tommy Shaw really understands.