Thread: My New Find???????

User Info Menu

Default My New Find???????

I was at a local drum shop last weekend called Donn Bennett Drum Studio, and first of all it was simply breathtaking, for instance he had the original 1st drumset used on the Beatles 1st tour, and on top of that it was signed by all four members, I must have starred at that kit for 30 min, he also had one of Buddy Rich's kits up there signed by the man himself and a plaque also signed, also a kit with Gene Krupa signed, and the list seriously just goes on, hundreds of signed custom snare drums from the artist, it was not only a drum shop but an amazing museum.

Anyway I stumbled upon this Premier snare drum, it's a 14x7, tapped on it a bit and instantly fell in love with the sound(it will need some new hoops, but other than that, flawless). Donn was actually there, so I asked him about the snare drum, because I am not at all familiar with Premier, but apparently they are a European drum company, and the snare drum I was looking at is a vintage 1970 and a rare one at that apparently. Well he started getting a worried look on his face, so I asked is there something wrong? and he asked for the snare drum, he glanced at the price and then really got worried, it was priced at only $56, so he preceded to tell me, I have a new associate, and we just got this snare in a few days ago, the price on this snare drum is horribly wrong, I would have price it at $225 or more, but I haven't even seen this snare drum or had a chance to look it over, so I instantly got bummed, but he was quick to say, but that is what's on the price tag, so that is what you pay, and I will have a talk with my new associate, so I said are you sure, and he said absolutely, I started grinning from ear to ear.

Now I realize some of you may think this might be some selling tacktick, but I assure you he was very genuine, and I am certain it was not, I guess you just needed to be there.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Premier snare drums, but if you have any additional information about this snare, I would love to have.

Here she is
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: My New Find???????

Very very nice and couldnt have gone to a better owner. It is worth what you make it. And you will make it great ( but all kidding aside Ill give you 60.00 for it right now lol. Love it when we get great deals. You deserve it, oh and they are made in England
    Last edited by Larrysperf; 05-07-2009 at 02:03 PM.

User Info Menu

That's quite a steal man. Enjoy it!
    "I eat a lot of deserts and play Warcraft for three hours a day." - John Dolmayan on how he keeps himself from tiring out

User Info Menu

Incredible deal Kev. I never get lucky like this...enjoy it!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Nice find! I love it when stuff like that happens!!

-Les

User Info Menu

nice catch kev

me it the opposite it was tag 169.00 + 40% off for a zildjan 18 projection crash and at the cash the owner say it 260.00 and no 40% off

so i leave it there but it the last time i go there

i am eager to see some video whith this snare

congrad and enjoy

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I don't like the finish..... The picture of the guy in the Orange just doesn't seem to fit..

User Info Menu

Looks good nice purchase.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody. I don't normally run into deals like this, so I am very thankful. And yes a new video with this snare is coming soon.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Nice find, good deal

User Info Menu

Cool Re: My New Find???????

Great Del Kev....Smack It Wif Love One Time From Each And Everyone Of Us At Drumchat...(Who Are Probably Jealous We Didnt Get That Deal...)Bennett Is A Class Act!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Congrats Kevin!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!