Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Looks like a 14" A custom, i'm guessing part of a hi hat set?
    ...I see it now....the top of the "A" is gone..looked different.

User Info Menu

Interesting look to that cymbal pickup Marty! Like an axe head of sorts?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

yea Russ, I kept right on playing that one...and being young did not even come to mind to have a machinest turn into a 15" crash...did not even know where a machinest could be found! LOL
    Last edited by MartyM; 02-10-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    Dmachine, here is that pic of my beloved 20" purchased in 1969

I feel your pain ...

User Info Menu

Well I did it...switched my Z 22" A custom Ping Ride for the new Z K 21" hybrid ride, I really like the choice, I wanted to post a video that I did for the comparison, but could not up load it..maybe with help or if you want to check out at photobucket, its video...in order 121 and122. here is a pic though.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China

The Zildjian League

BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Very cool MartyM!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

That.. is gorgeous indeed. It absolutely shimmers.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

OK sports fans.....er drum fans.. I am gonna try to post my videos of comparison from my old 22" ping to the new 21" hybrid. failed first time out...and now the second. I cannot seem to upload a video from photobucket..so if you would like to hear what I prepared..photo bucket item 121 ( old ping ) and item 122 ( new hybrid ) I guess I just am not young enough to figure this out
    Last edited by MartyM; 02-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China

The Zildjian League

BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Yeah! love that Custom K ride man she looks beautiful. I gotta get one of those someday.

User Info Menu

Dude i love my zildjian A-customs, they are probably the best cymbals i've ever jammed on.

User Info Menu

MartyM that ride is awesome! Now i want one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clark drummer308 View Post
    MartyM that ride is awesome! Now i want one.
    Yes, CD308, I played it alot yesterday in my new drum room ( back bedroom,LOL) and I really love the sound I can get out of it, Not that I didn't like my old Ping ride, its just a different sound all together. ty
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China

The Zildjian League

BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    You're kidding? I got the same set on my mapex's, we're cymbros.

Hey Russ! I think you've just coined a new DC Chat term - 'cymbro' [n.] a person whom you immediately identify with as a 'drum brother' or 'drum sister' due to the fact that you play the same cymbal or cymbals.

Not to be confused with 'Cymro' [n.] (Welsh) a Welshman, or a Welsh person.

I may not speak Cymraeg to save my life, but heck I sure do speak 'Cymbalese', lol.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Hey Cymbro's!
    Just thought I'd share a couple of these amazing vids I've found on some K Zildjian Istanbuls. I love how this gentleman plays incredible jazz too.

Last edited by Olimpass; 03-07-2012 at 09:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Hey Russ! I think you've just coined a new DC Chat term - 'cymbro' [n.] a person whom you immediately identify with as a 'drum brother' or 'drum sister' due to the fact that you play the same cymbal or cymbals.

I may not speak Cymraeg to save my life, but heck I sure do speak 'Cymbalese', lol.
    ...wow, what a coincidence....I speak cymbalese also...but only with a Turkish dialect. I've heard it was a dying language....doing my part to ensure it doesn't die

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post

I love it! I may have said it but you brought it to a brighter light. I never knew it was relative to a term meaning Welsh people, I hope that doesn't offend anyone? Thanks for the history lesson though, I learned something today!
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMachine View Post
    I feel your pain ...
    Maybe that's where Yamaha got their idea for making some of their DTX cymbals that shape :P
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

I have to give a review of my new A series Zildjians. It's been a long time since I have purchased a brand new set of cymbals of this level. All I can say is that they are outstanding!

21" Sweet Ride WOW! I played every inch of this ride last weekend. From the top of the bell, to the last inch on the edge. So musical, it almost makes you cry with joy. So many different tones to chose from. The stick definition is great, very clear and the sticks just almost played themselves. Playing multiple stick patterns worked very well.

14" New Beat High-Hats What can I add to what countless others have already said. Probably the most used hi-hats that have ever been made. Open, closed and in between, Just like they played years ago,the most cool, calm and collected set of hats that I have ever played.

16"@18" Fast Crash Paper thin, open up very,very fast with and even faster decay. Very full sounding, especially the 18". If I were going to change anything, it would adding a 19" Fast Crash

The guys I played with last weekend loved them. One very experienced musician even stated that the ride was one of best he has ever heard.

I know I wasn't going to be disappointed when I bought these, but they sure play way above what I expected.

"You can never legislate stupidity, because there is no power in this world that can prevent it."-My Dad after watching his golf partner trying to hit a ball through a grove of trees.

User Info Menu

In the practice studio of the band I just joined there are a few different sets but no cymbals...except one. It was sitting in the corner full of dust. So I walked over and picked it up and it was a 19" Zildjian Hybrid. Man did it sound sweet.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veafer View Post
    I have to give a review of my new A series Zildjians. It's been a long time since I have purchased a brand new set of cymbals of this level. All I can say is that they are outstanding!

21" Sweet Ride WOW! I played every inch of this ride last weekend. From the top of the bell, to the last inch on the edge. So musical, it almost makes you cry with joy. So many different tones to chose from. The stick definition is great, very clear and the sticks just almost played themselves. Playing multiple stick patterns worked very well.

14" New Beat High-Hats What can I add to what countless others have already said. Probably the most used hi-hats that have ever been made. Open, closed and in between, Just like they played years ago,the most cool, calm and collected set of hats that I have ever played.

16"@18" Fast Crash Paper thin, open up very,very fast with and even faster decay. Very full sounding, especially the 18". If I were going to change anything, it would adding a 19" Fast Crash

The guys I played with last weekend loved them. One very experienced musician even stated that the ride was one of best he has ever heard.

I know I wasn't going to be disappointed when I bought these, but they sure play way above what I expected.

Those Sir, are awesome cymbals! Great choice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    In the practice studio of the band I just joined there are a few different sets but no cymbals...except one. It was sitting in the corner full of dust. So I walked over and picked it up and it was a 19" Zildjian Hybrid. Man did it sound sweet.
    ...you wonder who would ever leave a nice cymbal like that lay in a corner....great find

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veafer View Post

Congrats.....cant go wrong with a set of A's

User Info Menu

I have the same cymbals but they are Vintage 70's era 21 sweet ride, 17 medium and 14 hhats. They are the most versatile sounding cymbals ever.

User Info Menu

I now have an 18" EFX Crash and that cymbal just gives you EVERYTHING you need as far as energy is concerned. My question is how many of you have an EFX from Zildjian? Do you like what you have? Would you use more than 1 in any of your configurations? Just curious.
    PDP FS Kit
    DW Performance Series Snare 6.5x14
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature Series
    OCDP 6x14
    Iron Cobra Pedal
    Zildjian Cymbals:
    14" A Custom Mastersound Hi-Hats
    8" A Custom Splash
    10" A Custom Splash
    16" K Zildjian Crash
    17" K Custom Hybrid Crash
    18" A Custom EFX Crash
    20" A Zildjian Medium Ride
    Vater Fusion Sticks
    Evans G14's(Toms) Evans Emad(Bass Drum) Evans G2 Coated(Snare)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

User Info Menu

Does anyone out there use the 18" A crash/ride? I have an electronic kit, but I will one day at a real HH and one cymbal, and I think this has all the range and sound I need...