Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Cymbals

Hi Folks..
    So I picked up this cymbal today at a second hand store. I don't know anything about it, and was wondering if someone could maybe I.D. it...
    See the attached pics. The cymbal is 18" and I couldn't get a decent pic, but it says "Made in Canada"
    Thanks
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michael11 View Post
    Hi Folks..
    So I picked up this cymbal today at a second hand store. I don't know anything about it, and was wondering if someone could maybe I.D. it...
    See the attached pics. The cymbal is 18" and I couldn't get a decent pic, but it says "Made in Canada"
    Thanks
    I think its an older K. The old K factory was in Canada before it became the sabian factory.
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

The Z Custom 14" hi hat top was delivered last week and I practiced with it yesterday. Two words 'love it'!. Great chick, great tone half open to wide open and loud!. It is being matched with my Sabian AAX Stage Hat bottom and I think I like it more than the AAX top. More projection than the AAX top.

It has the the snowflake hammer mark pattern. Matches my Z Custom 18" crash which also has the snowflake. Very happy
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin2g3 View Post
    I now have an 18" EFX Crash and that cymbal just gives you EVERYTHING you need as far as energy is concerned. My question is how many of you have an EFX from Zildjian? Do you like what you have? Would you use more than 1 in any of your configurations? Just curious.
    I totally would and plan to. I have the 20" A Custom EFX, and want to add a 16" version too. Beautiful full powerful sound!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialAnthony View Post
    I totally would and plan to. I have the 20" A Custom EFX, and want to add a 16" version too. Beautiful full powerful sound!
    Finally a response!lol Yeah, it is goo to me!!!!!! Going to grab a 16" as well when the opportunity presents itself!
    PDP FS Kit
    DW Performance Series Snare 6.5x14
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature Series
    OCDP 6x14
    Iron Cobra Pedal
    Zildjian Cymbals:
    14" A Custom Mastersound Hi-Hats
    8" A Custom Splash
    10" A Custom Splash
    16" K Zildjian Crash
    17" K Custom Hybrid Crash
    18" A Custom EFX Crash
    20" A Zildjian Medium Ride
    Vater Fusion Sticks
    Evans G14's(Toms) Evans Emad(Bass Drum) Evans G2 Coated(Snare)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin2g3 View Post
    I now have an 18" EFX Crash and that cymbal just gives you EVERYTHING you need as far as energy is concerned. My question is how many of you have an EFX from Zildjian? Do you like what you have? Would you use more than 1 in any of your configurations? Just curious.
    ...I keep searching for some reasonable used ones...no luck yet, but it's sure fun hunting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    ...I keep searching for some reasonable used ones...no luck yet, but it's sure fun hunting.
    Yeah, I ONLY was able to grab it up because it was on sale AND I had something to trade in! Worth it though!!!!!!
    PDP FS Kit
    DW Performance Series Snare 6.5x14
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature Series
    OCDP 6x14
    Iron Cobra Pedal
    Zildjian Cymbals:
    14" A Custom Mastersound Hi-Hats
    8" A Custom Splash
    10" A Custom Splash
    16" K Zildjian Crash
    17" K Custom Hybrid Crash
    18" A Custom EFX Crash
    20" A Zildjian Medium Ride
    Vater Fusion Sticks
    Evans G14's(Toms) Evans Emad(Bass Drum) Evans G2 Coated(Snare)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

User Info Menu

Hi,
    So just bought some new Zildjian A Custom cymbals and really like the sound and the shine. But they attract stick marks really well, is there anything I can do to prevent this? The guy in store said not to use the cleaner more than 2 times a year.
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Nothing to prevent them, just use cleaner. Be easy on the logos, they'll come off. I usually tape them then use a bit of WD-40 to get rid of the lines the tape make, it also cleans what the cleaner didn't get. WD-40 won't wipe the logos. Hope this helps!
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer95 View Post
    Hi,
    So just bought some new Zildjian A Custom cymbals and really like the sound and the shine. But they attract stick marks really well, is there anything I can do to prevent this? The guy in store said not to use the cleaner more than 2 times a year.
    Thanks.
    What tips do you use. Wood tips will leave marks especially if the coated drumheads are new. Nylon tips will not stick mark as much.

User Info Menu

Question Re: Zildjian Cymbals

Hello everybody!

I'm a fairly unexperienced person when it comes to choosing cymbals. I've been playing for a year and I do only play in my sparetime and in a fun-band.

Anyway, I've been looking around on the German website thomann.de and I've found 2 cymbals that I thought were quite decent, considering the price.

I've also seen a few videos featuring these cymbals - though I felt the urge to get some comments or feed back from some more experienced drummers.

The two cymbals are as following.:

Zildjian 16" ZBT Rock Crash -

... And...

Zildjian 18" ZBT Rock Crash -

(Yes, the links are in Danish, sorry but the prices are in € - and yes, I'm Danish )

They seem to sound very decent and as goes for the price.

Is it worth the purchase, should I go for lower or higher quality hence I'm still only an amateur.

Thanks on forehand!

stormman744

*sorry stormman, but the Forum Rules prohibit linking to commercial (retail) sites. Don't worry, though, because everyone knows these cymbals. - PB*

User Info Menu

Question: most versatile 20" ride for "bedroom" player, As or Ks.?

Intent: beginner stuff, bluesy, if you could call it that.
    I am sure this will be the only ride I will ever own (famous last words!)

Other suggestions welcome.
    - poodlesdrum
    Could someone get this George Orwell fellow on the phone, please...!

User Info Menu

Hey.

Anyone who own Zildjian ZBT Rock Crashes?

Are they worth the buy?

I've found the 16" for 85 euros and the 18" for 92 euros, just wondering if there are any cymbals, which are better, but for the same price?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stormman744 View Post
    Hey.

Are they worth the buy?

I've found the 16" for 85 euros and the 18" for 92 euros, just wondering if there are any cymbals, which are better, but for the same price?
    Well, when you hear the pro quality cymbals, you will start to struggle with the ZBT's, especially the crashes. On the other hand, if this is what you can afford, they will get you started, and that's the most important thing.

You might check out Paiste Alphas, and Sabian B8 cymbals too.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I am not a banker, but that price seems a bit high, even for Europe. Over a $100.00 U.S., each. Maybe that's a going rate, but, in my opinion, over priced. But what do I know? I sure could be wrong, but I think it deserves a little more research before pulling that trigger.
    "You can never legislate stupidity, because there is no power in this world that can prevent it."-My Dad after watching his golf partner trying to hit a ball through a grove of trees.

User Info Menu

my new a custom rezo 10 inch splash got here today and i love it, its kind of like a mini crash cymbal, but with a little trashiness in it
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

Hey.

Are they worth the buy?

I own the 16inch and hate it. it sounds like a giant peice of metal, pulled strait out of the ground and had a zildjian name put on it.
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veafer View Post
    I am not a banker, but that price seems a bit high, even for Europe. Over a $100.00 U.S., each. Maybe that's a going rate, but, in my opinion, over priced. But what do I know? I sure could be wrong, but I think it deserves a little more research before pulling that trigger.
    i just looked them up online.... $100 US dollars for a new ZBT crash of any size...way too high...im looking at them going for $75 US dollars for the largest 18 inch...not worth the money at all

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlipDWfan4lyfe View Post
    i just looked them up online.... $100 US dollars for a new ZBT crash of any size...way too high...im looking at them going for $75 US dollars for the largest 18 inch...not worth the money at all
    Well, we have this thing in Denmark which is called "Moms". So, you have to take 25% of the price and add it. Meaning, that 100 dollars would be 125, and there are other things which increases the price.

User Info Menu

You might check out Paiste Alphas, and Sabian B8 cymbals too.
    The Paistes seems to be too expensive, but Sabian B8s are in the same price group, so I'm gonna check em out.

User Info Menu

I had planned on adding an 18" A custom crash. But I have a chance to pick up a used 17" in great condition at a really good price. For now, I only want to add one or the other. I like how they both sound with my 16" A Custom fast crash. Honestly in the store I can't really hear too much of a difference.

Any thoughts on the 17"?
    Rocka Rolla Woman

Mapex Black Raven
    14" Zildjian New Beat Hi Hats
    Zildjian 16" Fast Crash
    17" Zildjian A Custom Crash
    21" Zildjian A Sweet Ride

User Info Menu

I got a heck of a deal on some a customs almost a year ago. One of my best friends got a call from a drummer he knew. He said he had some A customs he wanted to sell for 300 bucks and wanted to know if my friend knew anyone that would be interested. I happened to be sitting next to him at the time so he asked me if I wanted them. I said bring them by lets see what you got. 20 minutes later the guy pulls up and in the back of his truck, still in the box are a 20" ride, 18" crash, 16" crash, and a pair of 14" hi-hats. All A custom. As well as a 16" zbt crash and 14" zbt hi-hats. There was also a brand new gig bag too. The guy wanted 300 cash for everything. I asked him are you sure? He said absolutely.I said are these stolen? He said no I went in the hole buying a set of K customs and I need to sell these fast because my rent is coming due. So I gave him 300 cash took the cymbals and put them away in my truck and locked the door. Then I asked him if he knew that the ride cymbal alone was worth 300 bucks and he said oh yeah but I hust need rent money quick. Well Ok. So he leaves and my buddy told me that he has known the guy for a long time. The cymbals were his but over the past year the guy had developed a pretty serious meth habit, and that he most likely didnt need rent money and he probably didnt buy any K customs. So I felt really bad on the one hand for funding this guys addiction, but at the same time I kinda felt pretty good because they were the nicest cymbals I have owned yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesdrum View Post
    Question: most versatile 20" ride for "bedroom" player, As or Ks.?

Intent: beginner stuff, bluesy, if you could call it that.
    I am sure this will be the only ride I will ever own (famous last words!)

Other suggestions welcome.
    I'd go with A series 20" medium.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Hey.

Are they worth the buy?

If you are lucky, you can try finding used A series crashes which will be a massive upgrade. Normally much more money but due to how popular the line is there's a lot of deals on them to be found. You might also try Paiste's pst5 or alpha series, as well as checking out Kasza's R series if they are available near you.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    I had planned on adding an 18" A custom crash. But I have a chance to pick up a used 17" in great condition at a really good price. For now, I only want to add one or the other. I like how they both sound with my 16" A Custom fast crash. Honestly in the store I can't really hear too much of a difference.

Any thoughts on the 17"?
    17" is a nice size if you're going for more of a collection of pitches with your crashes, like 16/17/18 for a little more melody. If you're just trying to get a good high and low pitch crash set like most people do, i'd stick with the 16" and 18" pair to accomplish that. 17" isn't a bad cymbal, it's just not a whole note apart which in time you might begin to notice when playing certain songs. I'd go with the 18" if you're only picking up one, but 17" and 18" if you're getting two.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments