Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian Cymbals

You guys like the separate threads for the different drum brands in the drumset forum so here's one for Zildjian Cymbals - cymbals forum. Anything Zildjian can go in this thread.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Cymbals

Well Tom...what can I say?

ZILDJIAN FTW!!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

zildjan are really bad like the a custom

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Nice collection RHD!!

I'm fortunate enough to have two sets of cymbals, Zildjian A Customs, and Paiste Sigs.....I love them both for their different qualities and sounds, just like I love my drum kits for the different qualities they have. And I play both cymbal sets frequently. It's funny how if you've been playing one brand over another you find you have to adjust some things in order to bring the sound you want out of them. I love experimenting with them in different ways.

There's only one little minor thing I don't like about my Zildjians - they're too darn bright! They show every little tiny fingerprint.....grrrrr. I don't even clean my Paistes and they look great all the time.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

^^cool to hear the A customs are workin' for ya!^^

-Les

User Info Menu

I have been playing Zildjian A cybals for 30 years. In fact I still gig with the my 15" thin crash I bought back then. here is my current set up.
    and yes that is one Paiste in the mix.

• HH- 1980s Quick Beat top - Vintage Zilco Bottom
    • 1978 15" thin crash
    • 2- 16" med crashes both early 80s(yes they sound completly different from eachother)
    • 1960s 22" ride
    • Pasite Sig splash
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

My hi-hats are from the 60's and so is the 22 " sizzller I use. I have a 22" Amir ride from the 80's plus an 8' A Custom splash and a 15 " A custom crash .

I really enjoy the A Custom line and want to pick up a 12 " A Custom splash and 16 " A Custom EFX next .

User Info Menu

I too am diggin' the A custom line. I just picked up my first, a 15" Rezo Crash. I will be adding more in that line as money permits. For the time being, I'm stuck with my ZBT's.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

I love the A Customs for my crashes -16" crash & 18" fast crash. To me, these crashes go along with just about anything.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post

They show every little tiny fingerprint.....grrrrr. I don't even clean my Paistes and they look great all the time.
    Ah I know whatcha mean! I just cleaned my hi-hats a little while back, I used some zildjian cymbal cleaner, and boy was that annoying! The black kept smudging around when I tried to wipe the cleaner off... ended up just using lemons and baking soda or something. Anyways, I got them all shiny, and then like two days later I realize they have all these ugly, black marks over them! I won't be go through the cleaning process again for a while though... too frustrating!

But I really like my 14" new beat hihats... I love the really bright sound they have, and they have a really clean "chick" when closed I'm hoping in a while I'll be able to get some more A Zildjian cymbals!

User Info Menu

I have been playing Zildjian cymbals for over 20 years.
    I now am starting to mix in some Sabians..

My main crash is a 16" A Custom medium. It works so nicely with my 15" K custom fast crash and 20" K custom ride. In the future I'd like to add a 17" K custom fast crash and a set of 14.25" K custom hybrid hats.

Lovin' my Zildjians!

-Les

User Info Menu

I likes me some Zildjians as well. I've got a Zildjian New Beat hi hat, I've got a 16 inch Zildjian A custom crash, a 18 inch A custom crash (which is actually a great ride.) and a 22 inch Zildjian A (no custom) ping ride. I love all of them. They are the perfect cymbals in my mind.

User Info Menu

Zildjian is a great cymbal company. I do not know their line up as well as sabian's, however I do enjoy the few zildjian cymbals I own, a 10 inch A Custom splash and my 14 inch ZHT Mastersound hi-hats. Love both of them.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

hi guys

what is the diference of a 18 fast crash A custom and a 18 projection crash A custom

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

i wish i had the money o own a collection like you RHD
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    hi guys

what is the diference of a 18 fast crash A custom and a 18 projection crash A custom
    The weight. Fast crashes are extra thin and projection crashes are medium-thin. Regular crashes are just thin.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I love Zildjian cymbals. I have used them for 26 years and have no complaints.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

I happened to be in the neighborhood, so I stopped in a music store today. One of the guys there said I had to check out the new K Custom Hybrid crash. And let me say, WOW!!! That is one cymbal that will definitely be gracing my collection soon. It is a bit darker, of course, than the A customs, and the 19" crash I tried out had a pretty nice bell sound on it too. And it's a looker to boot. Notice the two different textures. Great cymbal.

Robert

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    The weight. Fast crashes are extra thin and projection crashes are medium-thin. Regular crashes are just thin.
    thanx for the reply

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

are they ever gonna make an A custom ping ride? when worlds collide with the a series perhaps?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    are they ever gonna make an A custom ping ride? when worlds collide with the a series perhaps?
    They do, I used to have a 20". Great ride cymbal.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    They do, I used to have a 20". Great ride cymbal.
    Yep. I am looking at the Zildjian catalog now. A Custom Ping Ride - Finish = Brilliant; 20" or 22" sizes; Medium Heavy weight; Part #'s A20522 and A20524 for 20" and 22", respectively.
    Robert

User Info Menu

Hi guy,

Is there any difference in quality between the different “Custom” cymbal lines?

Is, say the “K Custom” high/lower than the “A Custom” which is lower/higher than the “Z Custom” or, is it that each is of equal quality and they just have different feel, sonic properties (volume, sound, sustain etc) and are more suitable to different applications?
    Drums & Hardware
    Mapex Q Series Fusion 5pce / PDP SX 13x5" Acylic Snare / Coated EC2, Genera Dry, EMAD2 / Gibraltar 6607 Hi Hat Stand / Pearl P120 Pedal / Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Pedal / Mapex B323A Cymbal Stands.
    Cymbals
    Stagg Myra 20" Crash (Ride) / Sabian B8 18" Med Crash / Meinl HCS 16" Crash / 10" Stagg Myra Splash / 14" Zildjian A Custom Hi Hat.
    Other
    Vic Firth 5A Sticks / Korg Beatlab Metronome / HQ Soundoff Mutes / Gator Bags (Drum & Hardware) / Rockbag Bag (Cymbals & Sticks)

User Info Menu

Lager, do each of the differently textured parts of the cymbal have different sounds?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaksar View Post
    Hi guy,

Is there any difference in quality between the different “Custom” cymbal lines?

Is, say the “K Custom” high/lower than the “A Custom” which is lower/higher than the “Z Custom” or, is it that each is of equal quality and they just have different feel, sonic properties (volume, sound, sustain etc) and are more suitable to different applications?
    Jaksar, the answer is the second part of your question. A Customs, K Customs, and Z Customs are all of equal quality. They are simply made differently to create the unique sound of each cymbal line. Within each line, there are different sizes and thicknesses that will alter the volume, sustain, and pitch of the cymbals as well.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!