Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

Love the paragon ride in brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

she's like a church bell :-o...

User Info Menu

I bought a new rack off a kid on craiglist... he had this huge 23" ride with what must have been a 10" bell.. the bell was HUGE! It was a limited edition ride cymbal but I don't remember what it was called. He wouldn't sell it to me though but omg I want to find one for myself. It was amazing.

User Info Menu

God I want a Paragon ride in brilliant.

User Info Menu

Ive had a 22" Manhattan Jazz ride for a while, sounds so nice,dark,nice bell,and a 16" AA thin crash and wanted something to fill the sound gap between them,today I took my ride to my local music store to check out cymbals,18" crashes,tried HHX-Evolution, Xplosion,Stage,Studio,,AAX-Dark crash,Xplosion,Stage, tried out a couple K's and then even some rides HHX and AAX ...some of these sounded great with my ride,then I tried an 20" "AAX Suspended" cymbal, it's an orchestral crash..don't have it suspended it sounds great on a stand too...wow beauty!,perfect pairing to my ride GREAT to ride on,beautiful stick definition, dark shimmery tones like the Manhattan, nice raw bell and awesome crash...fills the sound gap perfectly..pretty good price at $230 Canadian too.Didn't go over well with my wife though..I also bought a new Yamaha boom stand
    Last edited by myk; 03-03-2015 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added more

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Ive had a 22" Manhattan Jazz ride for a while, sounds so nice,dark,nice bell,and a 16" AA thin crash and wanted something to fill the sound gap between them,today I took my ride to my local music store to check out cymbals,18" crashes,tried HHX-Evolution, Xplosion,Stage,Studio,,AAX-Dark crash,Xplosion,Stage,Studio, tried out a couple K's and then even some rides HHX and AAX ...some of these sounded great with my ride,then I tried an 20" "AAX Suspended" cymbal, it's an orchestral crash..don't have it suspended it sounds great on a stand too...wow beauty!,perfect pairing to my ride GREAT to ride on,beautiful stick definition, dark shimmery tones like the Manhattan, nice raw bell and awesome crash...fills the sound gap perfectly..pretty good price at $230 Canadian too.Didn't go over well with my wife though..I also bought a new Yamaha boom stand
    I never thought about using a suspended on a kit! Is it bright or dark?

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mapexmetal351 View Post
    does anyone own a sabian AAX ride? im looking to buy a new one and i heard sabian makes some nice rides. i hate my B8. im looking for something with a nice crisp ping and bell. and i dont want one with a dominating resonance between sitck hits like the B8. is the AAX nice for this?
    crisp ping and bell?

sabian 21' AA dry raw bell.
    same for AAX
    Can be had on the used market in VG condition for under 2 bills.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    crisp ping and bell?

sabian 21' AA dry raw bell.
    same for AAX
    Can be had on the used market in VG condition for under 2 bills.
    Got my HH raw bell dry ride used for $130. In my opinion, they're the best rides Sabian has made.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I never thought about using a suspended on a kit! Is it bright or dark?
    I wasnt thinking of that either i was just testing them out and this sounded so nice then looked at the name, its dark,sizzle with a very nice lighter stick definition,different tones across the bow, large raw bell( nice sound) and an awesome crash at the edge..it is a beauty but I'm kinda concerned if I want to sell it in 6 months or something (I'm bad for that) that it would probably be hard to sell because people may not give a suspended orchestral cymbal a second look on cl , so I'm going to compare it to a 21" AAX raw bell dry ride this week,they sound similar so you never know a lot sound close on sound files , groove ride, studio....
    Last edited by myk; 03-04-2015 at 05:28 AM. Reason: adding more text

User Info Menu

I wasnt thinking of that either i was just testing them out and this sounded so nice then looked at the name, its dark,sizzle with a very nice lighter stick definition,different tones across the bow, large raw bell( nice sound) and an awesome crash at the edge..it is a beauty but I'm kinda concerned if I want to sell it in 6 months or something (I'm bad for that) that it would probably be hard to sell because people may not give a suspended orchestral cymbal a second look on cl , so I'm going to compare it to a 20" aax studio ride this week,they sound similar so you never know a lot sound close on sound files , groove ride,rbdr,...
    I watch every sabian Ben White video. When I'm looking for a cymbal, or just for fun.

-Mike

User Info Menu

So my ocd took over this last week and I made 4 trips to the music store.I have a drum room that just fits my 8 pc kit. A cymbal that sounds great at the store is quite different in the drum room.I took back the 20" AAX suspended cymbal and traded up to a 21"Zildjian sweet ride, played it for half a day and it was too mellow also medium thin like my 22" HHX Manhattan,took the sweet ride back the next day and traded (down)for a medium heavy 21" AAX raw bell dry ride,sounded awesome in the store but rang a bit too much at home,took that back the next day and came home with a 20" Zildjian medium ride,again too much ring, traded back for the 20" AAX suspended medium thin/thin AND bought a 20" AAX stage medium..they both sound GREAT suspended darker obviously, and the Stage sooo nice beautiful higher pitch on the bow,darker edge, nice bell, very clean sounding cymbal...so when I decide which one now,the other will be returned.
    ( leaning toward the Stage...(for now))
    Last edited by myk; 03-07-2015 at 12:03 AM.

User Info Menu

The AAX Stage ride is a great cymbal. I love mine,though I can't deny that I want to replace it with a Paragon ride.

User Info Menu

Mmm paragon,I had one a couple years ago but again it was ringy in my drum room..love the looks of them
    Last edited by myk; 03-10-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added text/corrected spelling

User Info Menu

I have long wanted a 21 raw bell dry ride.
    I have 3 kids, bills, etc, and there's nothing wrong with my Paiste ride that's over 20-something years old. Still, I'd love one just the same.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    I have long wanted a 21 raw bell dry ride.
    I have 3 kids, bills, etc, and there's nothing wrong with my Paiste ride that's over 20-something years old. Still, I'd love one just the same.
    They're beautiful cymbals! I'll never sell mine.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Well ..after trying out many cymbals, I decided on HH medium 20" ride,beauty, almost went with AAX stage 20"ride also very nice...
    Last edited by myk; 03-15-2015 at 06:14 PM.

User Info Menu

Well ..after trying out many cymbals, I decided on HH medium 20" ride,beauty, almost went with AAX stage 20"ride also very nice...ordered a new one,should have it in a week or so
    Nice!

-Mike

User Info Menu

I sold a snare last week & as an addition to the cash I got a 22" Paragon ride. I've not tried it properly yet but I'm wondering whether it'll fit in with the type of music we play (a sort of pop-punk). I find myself playing the ride a lot, so it'll be interesting.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Super jealous man. I've been drooling over that ride for months.

User Info Menu

So I'm debating... I want to add another cymbal to my kit. I have all Sabian XS natural finish cymbals, 14" HH, 16" & 18", 18" china, 21" ride. But I want another cymbal... I'm debating adding a second china on the other side so two china's two crashes or buy a 14" to add to the line up or buy one more 18" and have to power houses out front.

Thoughts?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    So I'm debating... I want to add another cymbal to my kit. I have all Sabian XS natural finish cymbals, 14" HH, 16" & 18", 18" china, 21" ride. But I want another cymbal... I'm debating adding a second china on the other side so two china's two crashes or buy a 14" to add to the line up or buy one more 18" and have to power houses out front.

Thoughts?
    Does it have to be from the XS range? Personally I don't care about mixing brands/ranges of cymbals but I know this isn't for everyone - if I like a cymbal and consider it a keeper I remove the logos! Maybe an AAX explosion crash or china in a different size?

I have noticed that the XS range cymbals sold in the UK all seem to be brilliant series - if the same thing has happened in the US you may have problems finding new regular finish XS cymbals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post

Thoughts?

I've always loved darker sounding chinas. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to find, but I've always loved the 20" HH dark china.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Well ..after trying out many cymbals, I decided on HH medium 20" ride,beauty, almost went with AAX stage 20"ride also very nice...
    A 21" stage ride appeared in the practice space recently. I'd definitely consider one if the price was right.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Thinking of ordering one of these

User Info Menu

definitely would be a fun addition!

-Mike