Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

i have a 14" pro sonix crash. It sounds way better than my b8's. I believe that would be the same to the xs20 line. The Pro sonix has a slightly higher pitch through, since sabian says xs20's have a medium to low pitch. I would say it sould be a great intermidiate cymbal, and by no means a beginner or pro cymbal

User Info Menu

Just saw the Sabian article in Drum magazine (March issue) about their factory and how they make cymbals. I'm amazed at how raw the atmosphere is there at the factory. It looks like a beat down hole in the wall place in a bad part of town or something. LOL When I hear the name Zildjian or Sabian, I think of a real expensive office place with high tech warehouse facilities, etc. This place looked like a dump! Not saying it reflects negatively on the cymbals (which are awesome) but it's a reminder of how much "perception" plays into marketing and business. If they put these pictures out before they had a name, they probably wouldn't sell any cymbals.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Just saw the Sabian article in Drum magazine (March issue) about their factory and how they make cymbals. I'm amazed at how raw the atmosphere is there at the factory. It looks like a beat down hole in the wall place in a bad part of town or something. LOL When I hear the name Zildjian or Sabian, I think of a real expensive office place with high tech warehouse facilities, etc. This place looked like a dump! Not saying it reflects negatively on the cymbals (which are awesome) but it's a reminder of how much "perception" plays into marketing and business. If they put these pictures out before they had a name, they probably wouldn't sell any cymbals.
    You should go into some plants that our food and snacks come from you would not eat ever again. The worst is bubble gum factories

User Info Menu

not to get off topic from the great sabian cymbals, but every food factory is allowed so many bug parts allowed food.(e.g. fruit snacks could have umpteen ants legs per pound of snack allowed by law) it seems extreme but sadly true
    Last edited by aaronbeckort; 06-27-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: once again, bad typing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbeckort View Post
    not to get off topic from the great sabian cymbals, but every food factory is allowed so many bug parts allowed food.(e.g. fruit snacks could have umpteen ants legs per pound of snack allowed by law) it seems extreme but sadly true
    Aaron, it's your thread, so take it anywhere you want brother!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Anyone on hear know anything about the AAX Memphis Ride?
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shoedaddy View Post
    Anyone on hear know anything about the AAX Memphis Ride?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg71d_3UiZQ"]YouTube - Sabian 21" AAX Memphis Ride Cymbal 1030[/ame]
    Matt

User Info Menu

ahhh i love that ride! it has amazing sustain when crashed but a ping when riding
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

I'm looking for a Good ride that has a decent crash, 20"-22". OR a Crash that has a decent ride. I've been looking at the AA sound control rides, any suggestions? My music style is Pop Rock and Hardcore.
    All the Best,
    Tom

Drums:
    Ddrum Dominion Dorian 5-piece Kit
    24x18 kick
    13x9 mounted
    14x14 floor
    16x14 floor
    14x4.5 Ludwig Acrolite
    14x11 Custom Yamaha marching snare on floor tom legs

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that
    count. It's the life in your years. --Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

I'd say that the paragon lines could do that, bob bryar of my chemical romance has a ride that is very large, crashable, and he can use it as a ride if need be. Another option are some in the AA\AAX line, and maybe even a Vault ride. You would want to look for a thinner ride, something around medium-thin so that way it can open up more.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    MMMmm Sabian! I have recently started mixing in Sabians with my Zildjians.
    the two brands really compliment each other nicely!

-Les
    Kinda got to thinking I was the only one doing this ... glad I'm not alone!

Zildijan K custom 21” hybrid ride
    Zildijan K 14” Dark thin crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 16” crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 14” hats

I think the sound GREAT together!

User Info Menu

I Love My Sabians,I've got 2 that are 24 years old,a 15" and 16" AA thin crash(es),and their sound is still Fantastic.My main hats are the AAX X-celeraters,All my other pies are AA's and at least 15 years old,and all still sound awesome.IMHO Sabian is the best qualities of Paiste(which I used prior to switching full time to Sabian)and Zildjian put together.Sabians are brighter than Zild's as a whole.FYI-Sabian was started up by a Zildjian,Robert I think his first name was.He and his brother couldn't see eye to eye anymore,so he left the company.He had to agree to not use any of Zildjians formulas etc.,so he and his new people had to get creative so as not to violate the agreement.Also Sabian is an acronym..SA-sally,BI-billy,AN-andy,he and his wife came up with the name from the letters in their childrens names.
    Jeff's Gear-DW ,Ludwig,Tama,Sabian AA-AAX,DW Hardware,Gibraltar Hardware,DW Pedals/HiHats,Aquarian,Remo,Evans,Promark ProGrip 747's,Protechtor XL Elite Air Cases. "Music is the voice of Emotion","Drums Make a Great Alarm Clock for Bad Neighbors"."It Was A Quiet Peaceful Day Until The Drummer Began To Play".Member of Phrogge's Aquarian Army

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Allyn View Post
    Kinda got to thinking I was the only one doing this ... glad I'm not alone!

Zildijan K custom 21” hybrid ride
    Zildijan K 14” Dark thin crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 16” crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 14” hats

I think the sound GREAT together!
    Kenny, I am a great believer in mixing manufacturers, as long as the sounds blend with each other. I have Zildjian A Custom crashes Wuhan splash and chinas, a Sabian AAX Studio Ride, and Sabian Vault hi-hats. I also have a Zildjian K crash/ride that I use in the right situations.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

B8 Pro's,Their OK sounding,and IMHO are intermediate quality,But some can sound exceptionally good.To answer an earlier post,as far as how to mount a China,usual way is Bell Down,so the edge's curve faces the floor.I have seen them mounted BELL UP, in large size's like 20" and even bigger being used like a crash,and some with rivets for a sizzle effect.But Bell Up mounted is total Hell on your stick(s),and on the thin edge of the China,because your hitting is forcing the cymbal to bend against its curved edge.
    Last edited by JeffS; 07-30-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Jeff's Gear-DW ,Ludwig,Tama,Sabian AA-AAX,DW Hardware,Gibraltar Hardware,DW Pedals/HiHats,Aquarian,Remo,Evans,Promark ProGrip 747's,Protechtor XL Elite Air Cases. "Music is the voice of Emotion","Drums Make a Great Alarm Clock for Bad Neighbors"."It Was A Quiet Peaceful Day Until The Drummer Began To Play".Member of Phrogge's Aquarian Army

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Gordon64gc! When you get a chance, post a pic of your kit on the "Show Us Your Drums" thread. We enjoy complimenting each others kits!

User Info Menu

I didn't think this was worth posting a thread over but I was wondering......

Are the AA Regular hats and AA Medium hats exactly the same cymbal, but Sabian just changed the name, or are they different?
    Matt

User Info Menu

I have 18" B8 Crash/Ride and 20" B8 Pro power rock ride 16" apx ozone 16" B8 medium crash 10" B8 splash.

User Info Menu

i have nothing intelligent to say, so ill just say SABIAN CYMBALS
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

My new toy!

Cost me $143, and I got a really heavy duty, no-name brand, stand for $44. It was heavier than the Peral stands there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mainedrummah View Post
    My new toy!

Cost me $143, and I got a really heavy duty, no-name brand, stand for $44. It was heavier than the Peral stands there

For $143 that's a great deal! Congrats. How does it sound?
    Matt

User Info Menu

It sounds great! I went to The Drum Shop wanting to get a good, pingy, defined sound that could cut through, and it cam down to this and a 22" AA. Listening away from the practice kit they have there, I liked the AAX better

User Info Menu

Hey fellow Sabianisters (did I just make up a word?)

I was on Youtube last night and stumbled across the Sabian channel. Watched the factory tour vids and also the 1 of 100 unearthing. Amazing stuff! Wonder if they'd let me have an hour or two in the vault to sample all those unique cymbals and pick 5 that I wanted!? Now I'm dreaming!!

I might just have to go and bury my B8's for 8 months and see if they turn into something more interesting!? Those unearthed rides with limited overtones sounded incredible!! I recommend you all give it a viewing!

BWB
    ~BWB~

~Sabian - Mapex - Pro-Mark~

User Info Menu

Added a new member to my Sabian family today, or should I say two new members?

Anyways, I got myself a set of 14" XS20 hi hats, for only $170, and the clerk even threw in Syncopation for the Modern drummer for free, because he overheard me talking about how I wanted to get it.

Definently an upgrade! And much brighter than the stock cymbals!

User Info Menu

I have some low to mid Sabians and I like em a lot. I have the Pro sonix 17" crash and 14" hats. They were dirt cheap at a GC. I love 'em. I want to get AA pies all around, and the AAX raw bell dry ride or the memphis ride.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

I love my Sabians. I have AA and AAX cymbals. For all you Sabian guys out there who haven't done it yet, put Sabian Squad in your signature!!!!
    Matt