Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

Thx pal! I'll give it a try as soon as I come back from a business trip
    Tama Royalstar: 14x22" Kick, 16x16" Floor Tom, 8x12" Tom, 9x13" Tom, 5x14" Snare

Zildjian A Custom: 20" Medium Ride, 18" Medium Crash, 16" Crash and 14" Hi-hats

Sabian B8 Pro: 18" China, 12" Splash

Soultone Extreme: 14" Hi-hats

LP Cowbell

Alesis DM6 USB eDrumkit

VALTIS Rock en español

User Info Menu

I'm really excited, Just picked up the first new item I've ever bought for my drum kit ( I always buy used) I got a New AAXplosion 20" crash, which I use as both a crash and a ride. I also got a new XS20 effects pack, which i did my research and could afford up to the AAX pack, but I really just liked it better, so hey, saved some money. Never been happier. Another plus is that I get a free 14" AAXplosion crash. Go me!
    All the Best,
    Tom

Drums:
    Ddrum Dominion Dorian 5-piece Kit
    24x18 kick
    13x9 mounted
    14x14 floor
    16x14 floor
    14x4.5 Ludwig Acrolite
    14x11 Custom Yamaha marching snare on floor tom legs

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that
    count. It's the life in your years. --Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

Congrats, PFK. Sounds like you spent wisely.

I hope you like the new pies!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    i actually tried multi surface pledge the other day. it said it works on metals and it made my crash sparkle.
    isn,t it suppose to crash ?
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

ok, i have a set that i just got about a year ago and i was wondering if it was time to get some new cymbals. maybe sabian????????? any advice

User Info Menu

What cymbals do you currently have jak? I'd recommend going for pro level cymbals that are made from B20 bronze rather than B8, but for me at least this means getting second hand as new prices are very high! Sabian's XS20's on the other hand are made from the same stuff as AAX/HHX, etc but a good bit cheaper as they use a new method which costs them less. Most players would recommend these as a big step up from beginner cymbals.

Cheers,

BWB
    Last edited by BallywalterBeats; 11-27-2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: spl
    ~BWB~

~Sabian - Mapex - Pro-Mark~

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    ok, i have a set that i just got about a year ago and i was wondering if it was time to get some new cymbals. maybe sabian????????? any advice
    What cymbals do you have now? If you have like, Pearl cymbals or something then it's probably a good idea to upgrade to at least mid-level. If you have B8's or ZBT's or similar, then I think it's best to wait a little. I didn't start upgrading my B8's until 2 years after I got them.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Yeah, Jak, I agree. I have played just about every XS20 cymbal, crashes, hihats, rides, chinas, splashes. They are incredibly versitile cymbals for the price. I played to B8's as well for the longest time. They are good for beginners but do not offer alot of possiblities, basically they have one tone no matter how you hit it. The XS20's are a great cymbal to step up to. Hope that helps
    All the Best,
    Tom

Drums:
    Ddrum Dominion Dorian 5-piece Kit
    24x18 kick
    13x9 mounted
    14x14 floor
    16x14 floor
    14x4.5 Ludwig Acrolite
    14x11 Custom Yamaha marching snare on floor tom legs

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that
    count. It's the life in your years. --Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

So far I agree with the comments about the XS20's. They are very good sounding cymbals. I have the 16 inch crash, 18 inch china, and a 12 inch splash in the series. I love both the crash and china, and the splash sounds pretty good as well.

On a side note, replaced my b8 crash with an 18 inch brilliant finish paragon crash. I was not even aware that they came in two finishes, but after playing 5 of the same cymbal, I finally found the one I was looking for. What makes this even better is that I will get a paragon splash in the mail for free.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpenguin45 View Post
    So far I agree with the comments about the XS20's. They are very good sounding cymbals. I have the 16 inch crash, 18 inch china, and a 12 inch splash in the series. I love both the crash and china, and the splash sounds pretty good as well.

On a side note, replaced my b8 crash with an 18 inch brilliant finish paragon crash. I was not even aware that they came in two finishes, but after playing 5 of the same cymbal, I finally found the one I was looking for. What makes this even better is that I will get a paragon splash in the mail for free.
    Sweet! How about some pics?
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    Sweet! How about some pics?
    I'll try to get some up later. I'm going over to my relatives house to celebrate thanksgiving for most of the day, then I still want to clean all of my cymbals off with some soap and water later tonight. But i'll try to get some pics up.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I was at a pawn shop the other day and I found a stack of Sabian cymbals and some stands by a company whose name I did not notice. Anyways, the cymbals and stands were:

A 10" HH Splash
    A 12" AAXplosion splash
    A 16" AAXplosion crash
    And 2 17" AAXplosion crash.
    3 , bulky, sturdy boom stands and two attachments(for the splashs im assuming)

So, The guy said $250 I beleive. I happen to have about 300 bucks, and crash cymbals and some stands were the last thing I needed for a while. (Until I find more deals) So, should I tackle this offer? It seems to be a great deal to me.

Thanks ya

User Info Menu

Post Re: Sabian Cymbals

Hey Now!
    Just wanted to check in and say that iv'e never played any cymbals
    better then my hhx studio,and evo's

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mafia drums View Post
    Hey Now!
    Just wanted to check in and say that iv'e never played any cymbals
    better then my hhx studio,and evo's
    Welcome to Drum Chat, Mafia! Sounds like you've got some tasty cymbals! If you get the chance you should post some pics of your setup in the Show Us Your Drums thread.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I dont know how to post pics of my gear...Anyone help?

User Info Menu

Hi Mafia , if you go to Off Topic, there is a sticky there that explains how to upload your photos
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

I like the Sabians but so far only have one in my kit. Its a 22 inch AAX metal ride. It's a bright sound with a clean distinct sticking sound that never washes. Most of the time I use a nylon tip but it cuts just a good with wood. If you wan't to really anoy your lead guitarist use the shoulder of the stick on the bell and watch the hair on the neck stand up.

Ralph

User Info Menu

14" AAX dark crash just purchased!! Pics later...
    ~BWB~

User Info Menu

Back from the shopping trip, my best buy ever!! 14" AAX dark crash for £105 (best I've seen elsewhere is £130) Got it home and all I can say is unbelievable!!! The sound you get out of it is heavenly! Even my wife said 'wow'
    Pic attached, dirty finger marks from being on display and all!

Will get it polished up when I get to open her up on Christmas day...under the tree she goes.

A very happy,

BWB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~BWB~

User Info Menu

Congrats on the find, BWB. AAX Dark Crashes do sound pretty nice.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BallywalterBeats View Post
    Back from the shopping trip, my best buy ever!! 14" AAX dark crash for £105 (best I've seen elsewhere is £130) Got it home and all I can say is unbelievable!!! The sound you get out of it is heavenly! Even my wife said 'wow'
    Pic attached, dirty finger marks from being on display and all!

Will get it polished up when I get to open her up on Christmas day...under the tree she goes.

A very happy,

BWB
    Hey Ballywalter beats, nice name and nice buy. Never mind puttin it under the tree get her up the stand and start bashin!
    Now if you don't mind and being a fellow Norn Iron, were did you get that fine cymbal from. I have a feeling a trip to Mr Drums was made
    Proud member of the Sabian Squad

www.jacksoncage.com
    www.myspace.com/jacksoncageband

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keith C View Post
    I have a feeling a trip to Mr Drums was made
    Hey Keith, thanks for the reply. Whereabouts in Comber are you, my Wife's grandparents live on the Newtownards Road.

Actually, for the first time, I didn't get it from Mr Drums. I was in Belfast for the Christmas market on Saturday with the family and decided to pop into Matchetts just to have a look and was pleasently surprised, the wife saw my beaming smile and asked if I'd like it for Christmas? Fair to say it was tightly tucked under my arm for the rest of the day!

I will be popping up to Coleraine in January probably to see what Rob has on offer.

Thanks Yohin, I'm really pleased with the way it sounds, but now I have the dilemma of what to do with my set of B8's? Flog them or keep them?
    ~BWB~

User Info Menu

Hey dude, Im on the other side of the town, just off the Glen Road.
    Cool buy, you sometimes get good deals in Matchetts, I've got a few of my cymbals from there.

I never had been to see Rob until last week, what a place he has. Spent a couple of hours there and put me down a deposit on a Mapex Saturn Series kit. Now all I gotta do is sell my old set
    Proud member of the Sabian Squad

www.jacksoncage.com
    www.myspace.com/jacksoncageband

dave0549jv Guest

Santa was good to me this year! among other things, I got this 18" AA Chinese. I really really like the sound of this thing.

i've been tapping chinas for about a year now, and i havent been able to find the right one. Thankfully, my father is also a musician, and apparently he's got a good ear!

it's got a nice dark tone, and a long decay. it doesnt open up too quickly and it doesnt sound too trashy or gongy. it's perfect. i officially love my first Sabian product.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

looks really nice!!! and from what you said it sounds nice too!!!