Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Sabian Cymbals

You guys like the separate threads for the different drum brands in the drumset forum so here's one for Sabian Cymbals - cymbals forum. Anything Sabian can go here.

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

Love my AAX line

User Info Menu

I have a B8 crash, a B8Pro crash, ride and hats, and an AA splash. I love em all. i can't wait to upgrade. Probably going to be a mix of HHX's and AAX's.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Sabian is awesome. Thanks drummer we needed stickies like this!
    Matt

User Info Menu

does anyone own a sabian AAX ride? im looking to buy a new one and i heard sabian makes some nice rides. i hate my B8. im looking for something with a nice crisp ping and bell. and i dont want one with a dominating resonance between sitck hits like the B8. is the AAX nice for this?

User Info Menu

MMMmm Sabian! I have recently started mixing in Sabians with my Zildjians.
    the two brands really compliment each other nicely!

I own XS2014" hats, 10" splash. AAX ozone crash, and my favorite crash in the whole world an 18" HH medium crash (circa 1980ish)

I'd like to get a set of AXcelerator 14" hats and a 20" Vault ride..YUMMY!

-Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    MMMmm Sabian! I have recently started mixing in Sabians with my Zildjians.
    the two brands really compliment each other nicely!

-Les
    Kinda got to thinking I was the only one doing this ... glad I'm not alone!

Zildijan K custom 21” hybrid ride
    Zildijan K 14” Dark thin crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 16” crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 14” hats

I think the sound GREAT together!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Allyn View Post
    Kinda got to thinking I was the only one doing this ... glad I'm not alone!

Zildijan K custom 21” hybrid ride
    Zildijan K 14” Dark thin crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 16” crash
    Sabian HHX Evolution 14” hats

I think the sound GREAT together!
    Kenny, I am a great believer in mixing manufacturers, as long as the sounds blend with each other. I have Zildjian A Custom crashes Wuhan splash and chinas, a Sabian AAX Studio Ride, and Sabian Vault hi-hats. I also have a Zildjian K crash/ride that I use in the right situations.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mapexmetal351 View Post
    does anyone own a sabian AAX ride? im looking to buy a new one and i heard sabian makes some nice rides. i hate my B8. im looking for something with a nice crisp ping and bell. and i dont want one with a dominating resonance between sitck hits like the B8. is the AAX nice for this?
    In my experience most of the AAX rides are washy and ringy and have weak bells. Imo the one great ride from AAX is the Raw Bell Dry ride. Also, look at the other RBDR's. The HH one is especially great. For even more ping look at the "rock" and "metal" rides, which are the heaviest. Also the Paragon ride.
    Matt

Larrysperf Guest

Yes I have the raw bell stage ride and love it

User Info Menu

Haven't made the investment yet, but I am looking at a 21" AA Dry Ride. From what I can tell so far, (online) it has a very bright and crisp sound, without ringing forever. Even the bell seems to be a quick and not so overpowering ping when struck. Again, haven't gotten it yet, but honing in on one on ebay for pretty cheap.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by willdrum4food View Post
    Haven't made the investment yet, but I am looking at a 21" AA Dry Ride. From what I can tell so far, (online) it has a very bright and crisp sound, without ringing forever. Even the bell seems to be a quick and not so overpowering ping when struck. Again, haven't gotten it yet, but honing in on one on ebay for pretty cheap.
    The 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride is pretty incredible. I usually buy my stuff used, but it's so hard to find that thing second hand I'm going to end up gettin' it new.

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Re: Sabian Cymbals

I don't know if you only want sabian but the Zildjian A-Custom ping ride is great in my opinion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrummer613 View Post
    I don't know if you only want sabian but the Zildjian A-Custom ping ride is great in my opinion
    I'm "borrowing" the 20" Ping ride from my buddy. It sounds nice, but it's not necessarily the sound I'm looking for. I wish the bell was louder for one thing.

User Info Menu

Any of Sabian's Raw Bell Dry Rides would work. I personally have the AA model and I love it.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

I have a 22" AAX Metal ride that I just LOVE...great 'ping' without a lot of wash, unless you really lay into it w/the shoulder of the stick, or on the edge of the cymbal. I also have a 20" AA rock ride that's similar, but will wash a little easier.
    OCDP Avalon - Red Sparkle
    10-12-14-16-22
    Crush Chameleon Birch - White-on-white
    10-12-14-16-22
    Pearl Session Elite - red lacquer
    10-12-13-14-16-22
    Pearl Export EXR - Orange Swirl
    12-14-16-24

Pearl Joey Jordison Sig Snare
    Ludwig 14x5 1963 Acrolite Snare
    Ludwig 14x5 Standard Snare
    OCDP 14x7 Microvent Snare
    OCDP 14x6 Avalon Snare
    Crush 14x6 Chameleon Snare
    Mapex 13x3 Piccolo Snare

Sabian Cymbals
    14" AAXplosion Hats
    14" HHX Evolution Hats
    14" AA Med Hats
    22" AAX Metal Ride
    20" AA Medium Ride
    20" Pro Ride
    17" AAXplosion Crash
    18" AAXplosion Crash
    19" AAXplosion Crash (2)
    20" AAXplosion Crash
    19" Vault Crash (2)
    19" AAXtreme China
    10" HHX Splash

Wuhan Cymbals
    12", 16" & 18" Chinas
    15", 17", 18" Crashes
    8" & 12" splashes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tadly View Post
    I have a 22" AAX Metal ride that I just LOVE...great 'ping' without a lot of wash, unless you really lay into it w/the shoulder of the stick, or on the edge of the cymbal. I also have a 20" AA rock ride that's similar, but will wash a little easier.
    I've got an AA rock ride as well. Not a bad cymbal. Currently using a Zildjian 20" A Custom ping ride.

User Info Menu

I got an AAX stage ride...its beautiful. Good pop to the bell, really smooth sound. I think you will enjoy it. However, be sure to actually try out the cymbal in person along with your other cymbals as well. Try and get a ride that will match/compliment your other cymbals, it will make your entire kit sound better overall.
    Last edited by Controlled_Sound; 10-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Does OMNI count then Yes i love my OMNi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HolyChina View Post
    Does OMNI count then Yes i love my OMNi
    Me too!

User Info Menu

Does a omni count then yes i love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Animaldrums9585 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the ride man. Gotcha, I love the sound of my 18 AAX china, but am curious of the Xtreme. It sounds good on the shelf and in videos, but the true test is putting it on a kit and bashing it a bit with some amps grinding and all the business.
    My Memphis ride has served me well playing alone, but tonight I tried out for a band and realized it just doesn't have the volume I was hoping for with all the extra live noise. I'm about to give up on it and may be putting it in the storage case for another day. Which is kind of disappointing because how cool it looks.. I may have to pull out the 22" Power Bell Ride (and the other big guns) for next jam, and not forget the Heros plugs.

I wish there was a leasing service for "test driving" cymbals! How awesome would that be...
    Blake Richardson used the Xtreme before the holy china came out. The Xtreme is awesome.

I'm still looking for a ride but I don't need one so I might snag a Fender Jazz bass instead. LOL.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Blake Richardson used the Xtreme before the holy china came out. The Xtreme is awesome.

I'm still looking for a ride but I don't need one so I might snag a Fender Jazz bass instead. LOL.
    In my trip to GC I tried out the RBDR while I was there. MMMM...sounded great! I can see why you would want one. I compared it to an HH Raw bell ride, the paragon, a K, and K dry ride. It triumphed over all with the higher pitch and clear stick definition. I may have putting one in my sights for the future.
    Love my Gretsch sound!

stickks Guest

Try a 22" AAX Metal Ride

User Info Menu

I own a Sabian AAX 20" Stage Ride, to be honest the Stage Ride is probably not what you are looking for - the bell is small, it sounds good but isn't particularly cutting. And I wouldn't exactly describe it as having a good 'ping', and it is pretty ringy. I don't know about the other Sabian rides but I don't think the AAX Stage would be good for you - perhaps a 21" Raw BellDry Ride?