Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Sabian Cymbals

You guys like the separate threads for the different drum brands in the drumset forum so here's one for Sabian Cymbals - cymbals forum. Anything Sabian can go here.

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

Love my AAX line

User Info Menu

I have a B8 crash, a B8Pro crash, ride and hats, and an AA splash. I love em all. i can't wait to upgrade. Probably going to be a mix of HHX's and AAX's.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Sabian is awesome. Thanks drummer we needed stickies like this!
    Matt

User Info Menu

does anyone own a sabian AAX ride? im looking to buy a new one and i heard sabian makes some nice rides. i hate my B8. im looking for something with a nice crisp ping and bell. and i dont want one with a dominating resonance between sitck hits like the B8. is the AAX nice for this?

User Info Menu

MMMmm Sabian! I have recently started mixing in Sabians with my Zildjians.
    the two brands really compliment each other nicely!

I own XS2014" hats, 10" splash. AAX ozone crash, and my favorite crash in the whole world an 18" HH medium crash (circa 1980ish)

I'd like to get a set of AXcelerator 14" hats and a 20" Vault ride..YUMMY!

-Les

User Info Menu

I want to upgrade my crashes to HHX Studio's....Anyone have any experience?
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mapexmetal351 View Post
    does anyone own a sabian AAX ride? im looking to buy a new one and i heard sabian makes some nice rides. i hate my B8. im looking for something with a nice crisp ping and bell. and i dont want one with a dominating resonance between sitck hits like the B8. is the AAX nice for this?
    In my experience most of the AAX rides are washy and ringy and have weak bells. Imo the one great ride from AAX is the Raw Bell Dry ride. Also, look at the other RBDR's. The HH one is especially great. For even more ping look at the "rock" and "metal" rides, which are the heaviest. Also the Paragon ride.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Hey guys I'm probably getting a 17" AAXplosion crash this month. Then I'm gonna replace my B8 ride and hats at the end of the summer, as well as get an 18" Xplosion.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I started on B8 moved to XS20 and settled on mid 80s AA crashes, and fairly new AAX Stage Hats. My ride is not Sabian as I could not find a used one that matched up to the Zildjian I ended up getting (mid 80s also).

All within 4 months!
    Last edited by CharlyG; 05-11-2009 at 10:51 AM.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

Larrysperf Guest

Yes I have the raw bell stage ride and love it

User Info Menu

Sabians were the first cymbals i owned. I started off on the sabien pro sonx which i think are ( or were as they are no longer made) the best beggner level cymbals around. I now play AAX. Sabian are buy far my favourite brand and i hope i shall stay with them forever.

User Info Menu

I have to agree with yohin that the RBDRs are really nice rides, and that everything else in the AAX line was washier than I would like. I started with the HH RBDR but thought it was too dry - it wouldn't wash at all. So I tried the AA RBDR and that one opened up much better and is the one I'm currently using.

Seems like Sabian doesn't make a ride larger than 20" that has a weight somewhere in the medium range. Maybe I'm just missing it...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lambaster View Post
    Seems like Sabian doesn't make a ride larger than 20" that has a weight somewhere in the medium range. Maybe I'm just missing it...
    But you can special order any Sabian cymbal in any size at no extra cost. That is, you could order a 24" AA Medium Ride for example, and it would cost the same as any other 24" AA ride. The only downside is it might take a bit longer to get the cymbal.
    Matt

Larrysperf Guest

My AAX ride is 21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    But you can special order any Sabian cymbal in any size at no extra cost. That is, you could order a 24" AA Medium Ride for example, and it would cost the same as any other 24" AA ride. The only downside is it might take a bit longer to get the cymbal.
    Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to keep that in mind...

Damo Guest

In my experience most of the AAX rides are washy and ringy and have weak bells.
    Ah man! You need some more experience! There are many AAX Rides that have great focus and strong bells. AAX Metal definitely fit this description.
    Imo the one great ride from AAX is the Raw Bell Dry ride.
    This is still a very new ride for most people, but I agree with you, it is super sweet.

I resorted to designing my own ride when I went to the factory, but it ended up being based on an AA RBDR eventually anyway.

That, the Evolution and the Groove ride are super sweet also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    Ah man! You need some more experience! There are many AAX Rides that have great focus and strong bells. AAX Metal definitely fit this description.

This is still a very new ride for most people, but I agree with you, it is super sweet.

I resorted to designing my own ride when I went to the factory, but it ended up being based on an AA RBDR eventually anyway.

That, the Evolution and the Groove ride are super sweet also.
    me and my friend went and looked at rides at the local music stores this weekend and the best sounding one we found was a sabian AA raw dry bell ride. i loved the way it sounded, even more than those pricey zildjans. and that was actuallu the ride that my friend has. the next best one we found was a Hand-Hammered sabian. thats all it said on it but it sounded great too. im pretty sure im going with the sabian RDBR

User Info Menu

AA Raw bell dry is a GREAT cymbal..one of my faves, next to a 20" Vault and my K custom 20"..of course

-Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    Yes that's why I said most AAX rides and not all.
    Matt

User Info Menu

so i ended up getting the sabian AA raw bell dry ride. played it for an hour or so tonight and i love it. got it from my locol store for $220. honestly, its all i could ever asked for in a ride. its exactly the sound i was looking for. thanks to all of you that suggested it.

now its time for some hi hats haha

User Info Menu

so i ended up getting the sabian AA raw bell dry ride. played it for an hour or so tonight and i love it. got it from my locol store for $220. honestly, its all i could ever asked for in a ride. its exactly the sound i was looking for. thanks to all of you that suggested it.

now its time for some hi hats haha
    Cool! Great choice...

-Les

User Info Menu

i just bought a Sabian B8 20" ride.
    Its sweet, very sharp, crisp sound, favourite cymbal atm.
    Love it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DantheDrummer View Post
    i just bought a Sabian B8 20" ride.
    Its sweet, very sharp, crisp sound, favourite cymbal atm.
    Love it
    Yesss i love it too man!!!
    Our weapons were our instruments
    Made from timber and steel
    We never yielded to conformity
    But stood like kings
    In a chariot that's riding on a
    Record wheel

User Info Menu

I love sabian cymbals. My favorites that I have are my 21 inch AA rock ride and 16 inch medium-thin xs20 crash. I also have an xs20 splash that i got in a rebate offer(for free its not too bad) and a b8 thin crash that is my primary. It sounds similar to an APX for about 1\3 the price.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar