Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Paiste Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste Cymbals

Who here has experience with the flat ride, I played the 602 flat ride along time ago(it was a old ride) and remember it had really good ping with almost no under or overtone. It was amazing to hear how good this ride was considering that i own the 602 18in medium ride and think its the worst ride ever invented, but it makes a good full bodied thick crash cymbal. If your into crashing your rides. OH yeah almost forgot. Are 602s considered intermediate cymbals, or are they more high end, cuz i own a old pair of 602 hihats and think there pretty good and a 602 crash thats pretty good as well, its just the ride that sucks. But every pair of 602s ive played on sound just as good as pro level cymbals, even though I always thought they were more of a intermediate grade.
    Last edited by groovearteest; 07-31-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

602's when they first came out were pretty much favoured by quite a number of professional drummers. If you have a few of them as you say, I'd hold onto them if I were you. I own a 15" 602 Ride/Crash, a 16" Thin Crash (cut down a few inches as it got cracked over time) and a pair of Heavy Bells, a 10" and 11". I'd love to try a 602 flat ride some time.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Just picked up a Paiste 1000 18" crash for £31. Pretty pleased with that!
    The picture isn't very clear but the writing is a lovely green colour.

Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    Just picked up a Paiste 1000 18" crash for £31. Pretty pleased with that!
    The picture isn't very clear but the writing is a lovely green colour.

I've got the RUDE version of that, well, more a crash/ride really. Same size though!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by groovearteest View Post
    Who here has experience with the flat ride, I played the 602 flat ride along time ago(it was a old ride) and remember it had really good ping with almost no under or overtone. It was amazing to hear how good this ride was considering that i own the 602 18in medium ride and think its the worst ride ever invented, but it makes a good full bodied thick crash cymbal. If your into crashing your rides. OH yeah almost forgot. Are 602s considered intermediate cymbals, or are they more high end, cuz i own a old pair of 602 hihats and think there pretty good and a 602 crash thats pretty good as well, its just the ride that sucks. But every pair of 602s ive played on sound just as good as pro level cymbals, even though I always thought they were more of a intermediate grade.
    i heard a 602 flat ride (possibly an an 18) on a well recorded sample vid recently and it was super sweet, just like you said, nice ping/minimal overtones, very clean.

from what i gathered they are quite desirable.
    i certainly would love one!
    don't put off till tomorrow what you can put off today

User Info Menu

Just got two RUDE splashes off of ebay, and got pretty good deals. I havent had a chance to take pics but heres the ebay pics:

10" got it for $75 U.S., no logos, but a nice clean structurally sound cymbal (sounds great too)

And here is a vintage OOP RUDE 3000 12" splash. I was going to buy a UFIP splash to be a different pitch from the 10" RUDE, but I stumbled upon this and had to have it (I like collecting rare vintage stuff anyway), figured if I kept it in the same series they would work well together. Logos are a little ragged, but it sounds beastly.

More pics when I find a way to mount them on my kit! lol

User Info Menu

Great scores man! Looks like a loud and cutting cymbal.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Just got two RUDE splashes off of ebay, and got pretty good deals. I havent had a chance to take pics but heres the ebay pics:

10" got it for $75 U.S., no logos, but a nice clean structurally sound cymbal (sounds great too)

And here is a vintage OOP RUDE 3000 12" splash. I was going to buy a UFIP splash to be a different pitch from the 10" RUDE, but I stumbled upon this and had to have it (I like collecting rare vintage stuff anyway), figured if I kept it in the same series they would work well together. Logos are a little ragged, but it sounds beastly.

You'll love those. I've the same 10" RUDE splash and your 12" one is the same 3000 RUDE series as my little 8" one. Both of these I match up with Paiste bells of the same sizes and I occasionally use them as mini hi-hat combinations now and then.

User Info Menu

I had a cracked RUDE 18" crash/ride that i bought off of ebay for 15 bucks, i had Saluda cymbals cut it to a 13" (thus removing the crack). Now that i have the 12" splash im thinking of having Saluda cut down the crash/ride to a 12" so that i can use it as a bottom hat (as its far too heavy to be a splash).

User Info Menu

Nice score! Congrats!!

User Info Menu

Just picked up new 15" 2002 Sound Edge HHs!

Looking forward to our next rehearsal to really try them out!
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Let us know how they sound, Ive been looking at alot of vintage 15" RUDEs but I cant justify buying the same hats but 1" bigger lol

User Info Menu

Let us know how they sound, Ive been looking at alot of vintage 15" RUDEs but I cant justify buying the same hats but 1" bigger lol
    So far...nothing short of outstanding!

I replaced a set of 14" (same type) which I've been using since 1990. They developed a small crack last month (booooo!). I was very happy with the 14s, but these 15s came up and well, you can always justify something if you try!

Funny though, the 15s sound (to my ears) a little mellower than the 14s. I would have thought they'd be somewhat louder. Weird.

Anyway, I can see why so many guys use the 15s, now.

Have a look at the Paiste website and check out the "artists playing this cymbal" link...pretty impressive.

Laters...
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Ooooo.....you know what sorta Paiste's I'm gonna get my hands on this Saturday?

A set of three Paiste 2000 Sound Reflections.....in almost new condition!!!

That's right, the owner said they've never been gigged. They're 16" & 18" crashes and a 20" ride. They'll go really well with a pair of Paiste 2000 14" Heavy Hi-hats I recently got my hands on, that I cleaned up a bit. Years back I used to own a 10" Splash and a 14" Thin China in that same Reflections series, but could never afford to get the full set. They stopped manufacturing these somewhere in the mid 1990's, so they're becoming rarer and rarer to come across. My china ended up being cut down to a 7" 'China Splash' as I call it, still sounds pretty good, so I could add that to the set. To me, not only is the reflector look a great look, they were lathed and finished in a certain way that made them sound a bit more distinctive.

Pics will be forthcoming!

User Info Menu

Was watching an auction for a 24" Paiste black label 2002 ride. It was in excellent condition. I thought this would top out at probably $700-$800. It sold for $1880.00! Unbelievable!

Last edited by Olimpass; 09-29-2012 at 07:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Was watching an auction for a 24" Paiste black label 2002 ride. It was in excellent condition. I thought this would top out at probably $700-$800. It sold for $1880.00! Unbelievable!
    My goodness!
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post
    My goodness!
    I guess the vintage black labels in that size are pretty rare to come by but ...yes , Wow!

User Info Menu

I better hold onto two Paiste 2002 Black Labels I have then......my 20" Medium and my 22" Crash!

I mentioned earlier that I was getting my hands on some Paiste rarities.....namely some Paiste 2000 Sound Reflections. Well, I did the big trip to the Newcastle area (north of Sydney) and came back with these beauties.....a 16" Crash, an 18" Power Crash and a 20" Ride. Enjoy.

Fingers crossed, I got on so well with the vendor that she might put aside an old 80's Tama Imperialstar snare drum (these are the Japanese made ones) aside for me, plus a Tama Titan snare stand, for about probably $200+.....it certainly is a great sounding snare drum.
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 09-29-2012 at 10:35 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    I better hold onto two Paiste 2002 Black Labels I have then......my 20" Medium and my 22" Crash!

I mentioned earlier that I was getting my hands on some Paiste rarities.....namely some Paiste 2000 Sound Reflections. Well, I did the big trip to the Newcastle area (north of Sydney) and came back with these beauties.....a 16" Crash, an 18" Power Crash and a 20" Ride. Enjoy.

Fingers crossed, I got on so well with the vendor that she might put aside an old 80's Tama Imperialstar snare drum (these are the Japanese made ones) aside for me, plus a Tama Titan snare stand, for about probably $200+.....it certainly is a great sounding snare drum.
    Nice score Drumbledore. Those 2000 sound reflections are a rarity. Best of luck on the snare and stand.

User Info Menu

I love Paiste Cymbals. One of my drum teachers has them and they sound amazing. A dark energy 20 inch ride ( with rivets or sizzlers or whatever ( holes with nail things in them)) and a 602 crash. This introduced me to Paiste, and they sound amazing.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

User Info Menu

Nice score Drumbledore. Those 2000 sound reflections are a rarity. Best of luck on the snare and stand.
    Yeah Ol's, thanks. They are indeed a bit of a rarity. I'm in two minds as to whether I'll play them at a gig in a few weeks or to be a bit precious about them and just play them occasionally at home, then lock them up. I've let some of my students have a gawk at them, they're pretty spun out about their appearance.

User Info Menu

Just picked up a 17" Paiste 2002 cracked crash for 30 pounds Crack is quite big, but still can be cutted out. All i am worried is that it do not rupture further. Can't wait to finally get it in my hands.

Last edited by princesite132; 10-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by princesite132 View Post
    Just picked up a 17" Paiste 2002 cracked crash for 30 pounds Crack is quite big, but still can be cutted out. All i am worried is that it do not rupture further. Can't wait to finally get it in my hands.

Woooh! Bit of a nasty crack on that one there. Are you getting someone to cut that for you, or you handling that one yourself? I've had a few old Paiste 2002's and a 3000 trimmed down a little bit for me, that's why I'm asking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    The music school I went to has one of those drums. I borrowed it for a few gigs. It's a glorious snare drum.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    The music school I went to has one of those drums. I borrowed it for a few gigs. It's a glorious snare drum.
    Hey, lucky you! Yeah, I wanted to get hands on that drum but unfortunately the day after I had picked up the cymbals, it turned out that she felt she couldn't part with it....oh well!