Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Meinl Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Meinl Cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    I hav Meinl HCS series... ok, nice portable china cymbal. (I like sabians better)
    I have 3 HCS Meinl's used in a church band. Sound great to me. It's all in your ears!

User Info Menu

Man these Dark Classic Customs sound great. I just played a set of hats at the drum center and they were awesome. I am seriously thinking of buying the whole 4 pc set ( 20" 18"16" and 14 hats) for $500. Woodshed do you still have your crash? Is the black paint fading at all?

Plus Benny Greb makes em sound soooooo nice.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Man these Dark Classic Customs sound great. I just played a set of hats at the drum center and they were awesome. I am seriously thinking of buying the whole 4 pc set ( 20" 18"16" and 14 hats) for $500. Woodshed do you still have your crash? Is the black paint fading at all?
    Sorry I'm late to the party, just noticed this.
    I have the same cymbals, plus a 21" crash ride. I will be buying a 19" or 20" crash shortly too. I need more big cymbals to balance the drums for the right look.

I like the hats. They are a chunky rock sound, not Shaft hissy.

But the reason I bought them was because they were black – yeah superficial.
    They sounded good and they weren't shiny bronze that would clash with my black diamond pearl finish.
    The black isn't paint it's some kind of oxidation or anodized finish.
    They could leave them jet black for me and save all the selective lathing.
    When I get famous i'll have them do that custom
    And mine haven't chipped, but I'm not an extremely hard hitter.

Jdrum1 Guest

Damn, those sound good.....but, it's Benny Greb. He can make anything sound good (great vid of him rocking a SpongeBob kids set).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post

Plus Benny Greb makes em sound soooooo nice.
    Great sounding cymbals...I like the look too!

User Info Menu

I have these Classics Custom Dark cymbals and they sound great. I got them a while ago and they still sound and look just as great as when I got them.
    -Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

I have an 18" Extra Dry Thin Crash and am not crazy about it. It looks beautiful, but I'm finding very limited use for it. Every time I consider hitting it, I go for a different cymbal.

BackStreetDrums Guest

Byzance Lovers...need suggestion.
    Just began to dabble into the Byzance line. Picked up a 20" Club Sizzle and a 20" Extra Thin Jazz ride (use as a crash also)>
    I want to get a semi dry or extra dry ride to use LSR. Have been thinking about a 20" Extra Thin Dry, but recently stumbled on the 22" Monophonic ride.
    Any experience with either one, and which would be best suited to compliment the Club and Jazz rides?

User Info Menu

Recently acquired a Meinl HCS 20” ride that came with a used kit I’ve purchased. I had ground away a portion of the cymbal because of cracks. Doesn’t sound too bad either. I guess equivalent to B8’s.

01CA8A3E-982A-4FF3-B94E-C509D7201D17.jpg

Curious about them, I looked online for some and found an Ultimate set box pack. Thinking about it. I have plenty of cymbals but for the price I’m seeing these being offered, it’s too good to be true and probably some kind of a scam.

BDC60813-12B9-4658-8EA0-84AC09419C36.jpg

6E607923-63DE-49ED-9218-F41100BA502C.jpg
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-25-2020 at 08:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey There! New user first post.

I recently bought a set of used Meinl hats: 13” Soundcasters which I was initially pretty excited about but... it seems they’re not marked “fusion” or “custom.” They’re just Soundcaster - and I can’t seem to find anything similar online. Curious if anyone might have any insight? And thanks!
    Last edited by Rando; 02-20-2021 at 09:14 PM.