Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Meinl Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Meinl Cymbals

You guys like the separate threads for the different drum brands in the drumset forum so here's one for Meinl Cymbals - cymbals forum. Anything Meinl can go here.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Meinl Cymbals

What does everyone think of Meinl's Soundcaster Fusion series? I recently got to play them at my local drum shop and they sound amazing! The crashes are warm and colorful and the hats are some of the best I've heard. The splashes and chinas are fantastic as well. The only one I didn't like was the ride. It didn't seem to have enough oomf if you know what I mean, even the "powerful" ride.
    Matt

User Info Menu

i like a ride with a more intimate sound, kinda like when people play guitar with their fingers when they dont have long nails.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

i am loocking for some change...a new ride and hats ,meinl have great rides and hats ,it probably be a extra dry medium ride bysance and 13 dark hat bysance ! they sound so amazing .but there very $$$$ .not done yet ,but ,.......

User Info Menu

The Mb20 Pure Metal ride is without a doubt the best ride I've heard in my life. Too bad I'll never own it b/c it's about $500 lol.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I hav Meinl HCS series... ok, nice portable china cymbal. (I like sabians better)
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

i only got one Meinl Cymbal atm.
    Its a 10" "Classic" Splash
    Its a great splash and the "Classics" range is a good first step up into bronze alloy cymbals for begginers, not too expensive but quality sound
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

I love the Byzance series and everything about it ;-)
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

Ive heard about those cymbs.d
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

I have a question about the HCS series: Is it cheap? in any form?
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    I have a question about the HCS series: Is it cheap? in any form?
    HCS is the cheapest series by Meinl because it's made of brass, not bronze. All the cymbals I believe are less than $100. If you're thinking of getting some, I'd say at least get MCS instead because they're made of bronze.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Well I have the HCS series. Came with the Imperialstars. I'm just wondering what I should expect out of them in the future.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    Well I have the HCS series. Came with the Imperialstars. I'm just wondering what I should expect out of them in the future.
    They're brass. So not really gigging material or anything. I'd upgrade ASAP, even if it's just to mid-level like Paiste Alphas or Sabian XS20s. But you can get really cheap pro-level cymbals on Craigslist. My friend just picked up an Zildjian A Series Rock Ride for 80 bucks. I look there basically every day, just to keep up with what's available. It's a good way to stay on top of things. But if all you can afford is Sabian B8s and Zildjian ZBTs, I'd wait to upgrade and just save up for some good ones.
    1994 Pearl Export 5-Piece w/ Stock Heads
    22 x 16 Bass Drum
    12 x 9 and 13 x 10 Rack Toms
    16 x 16 Floor Tom
    5 x 14 Ludwig Aluminum Snare Drum

Cymbals

14" Zildjian ZBT Hi-Hats
    18" Zildjian ZBT Crash
    18" Sabian AAX Metal Crash
    18.5" Sabian Chad Smith Signature Explosion Crash
    20" Sabian B8 Ride
    10" Agazarian Splash

Percussion
    Pearl Primero Cowbell

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabiandrummer1674 View Post
    They're brass. So not really gigging material or anything. I'd upgrade ASAP, even if it's just to mid-level like Paiste Alphas or Sabian XS20s. But you can get really cheap pro-level cymbals on Craigslist. My friend just picked up an Zildjian A Series Rock Ride for 80 bucks. I look there basically every day, just to keep up with what's available. It's a good way to stay on top of things. But if all you can afford is Sabian B8s and Zildjian ZBTs, I'd wait to upgrade and just save up for some good ones.
    Agreed but at least B8's and ZBT's are made of bronze. But yeah, def. save up for mid level at the very least. Upgrade the hats and ride first, then crashes.
    Matt

User Info Menu

A local shop just started carrying Meinls--boy, was I impressed. I've seen their stuff online and thought it looked great and had good sound clips. The Byzance Dark hi-hats were unbelievable, and the all the Byzance line that they had--crashes and rides--was amazing. They had a China--MB20, I think--that also was great.
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shoedaddy View Post
    A local shop just started carrying Meinls--boy, was I impressed. I've seen their stuff online and thought it looked great and had good sound clips. The Byzance Dark hi-hats were unbelievable, and the all the Byzance line that they had--crashes and rides--was amazing. They had a China--MB20, I think--that also was great.
    Yeah I love a lot of Meinl's stuff. The Mb20 china is a BEAST!
    Matt

IL DUCE Guest

I've been a big fan of Meinl for awhile now. I own 2 MB20 series crashes and I love them. For you guys a few posting earlier do yourself a favor stay away from entry level brass cymbals like Silken cymbals. Your wasting your money. I would urge you to look at Wuhan brand cymbals instead. Handmade B20 bronze cymbals fastly superior to entry level stuff from the big companies. Both brands offer newbies a chance to use REAL cymbals instead of entry level crap.

User Info Menu

I've been looking at the MB20's. I can't decide between those or the 2002's... of course when I get the money I'll choose.. LOL!

User Info Menu

I've recently bought myself a 20" One Of A Kind Ride. Wow, that thing blew me away...still does every time I play it. I'll definately be looking into more Meinl cymbals as I start to go through my plan to part-ex and upgrade my current ones.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

I recently purchased soundcasters custom series hats. Loud and open sound. More on the dark side I think. Very nice
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

ill have to remember that the soundcaster's are a good idea for dark cymbals
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Well im looking for a new 16' crash, and would like to spend around 100 quid.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the . . .

Meinl Generation X safari crash
    Meinl Generation X crash
    Meinl MB10 medium crash

Thanks

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

My churches kit has meinl and I love the sound of them. I recently got my own kit and have been loaned a meinl lightning medium 14 inch crash its cool but I ve not heard of them anyone know what they were replaced by and any more info about them

User Info Menu

I bought a cheap entry level pack of the Meinl MCS cymbals.

I REALLY like the 20" ride but I think I would like a thinner set of hats and crash. They will do me fine for now.

User Info Menu

I've been looking into the Benny Greb Sand Ride. All the reviews I've read haven't had one downside for it and it's versatile, which is good because I play classic rock and metal. Anyone on here own/played one?