My bandmates and I have progressed to the point where we need a legitimate Public Address system to continue practicing. We have two guitarists, a vocalist, bassist and myself on percussion. We don't mic our guitar amps, and our lead guitarist uses a halfstack (not sure on the head wattage, but it's decently loud). The rhythm only has a 25 watt Fender DSP, but it also gets decent volume. Coupled with our 100 watt bass amp, and my tendency to play very, very loud, the vocalist tends to get lost in the mix.

We want to have a P.A. that can handle practice with ease. We want a P.A. that would handle, if need be, playing in a decently crowded area (something around 150 people). And we need to do it on a budget.

We've looked at All-In-One P.A. packages, and talked to a few people on what they think the best ideas are. But the bottom line is that none of us are really well-educated on the specifics. I'm not sure if any of you would be. So I figured I'd ask.

I have a P.A. in mind, but I can't post the link so I won't. "The Phonic Powerpod 780 / S715 PA Package includes a Powerpod 780 powered mixer and two S715 15" 2-way speakers." That's the description. That goes for $450. Would I better off buying separate components? Or would that work? I'll post more info if needed, but I don't want to breach the rules.

Thanks for reading, and thanks again if you decide to respond.