Thread: Heartbreaker

User Info Menu

Default Heartbreaker

There are a few rough spots, but overall it came out pretty good, comments are welcome.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io0K_nxDL3Y"]YouTube - Heartbreaker[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: Heartbreaker

Have always liked this tune. Man, I like the way you hit. Very strong and intentional. Nice job! The singer has a nice tone to her voice but often sounded a bit flat to me. The arrangement was dead on. Sounds like you guys spent a lot of time learning your parts. That always helps. LOL

Great stuff!

User Info Menu

its really good. sounds great

User Info Menu

Sounded great JR! I agree that your vocalist was a tad off that night, but I like the tone of her voice. Your drumming was very well done, and you recovered from the stick drop very nicely.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sounded great JR! I agree that your vocalist was a tad off that night, but I like the tone of her voice. Your drumming was very well done, and you recovered from the stick drop very nicely.
    You know I heard that Dave Weckle use to practice dropping his sticks and picking up another one. I was lucky it happened were it did.
    As far as my singer, shes a great girl with a fantastic voice and she would be the first to critique herself, she's a bit of a perfectionist. If she knew I was showing you guys this without her approval she would have my head. I know I'm a bit biased, but she really does a remarkable job wooing the audience and just remembering the lyrics to all the songs she sings is amazing

User Info Menu

nice job, especially on those fills they're pretty tough and really hard to figure out from the original tune. We play this song so much I hear it in my sleep, your singer sound a lot like ours (my wife) now if she could only remember lyrics too LOL

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Dude, I really liked that.

I think you should do Barracuda. You singer's voice reminds me soooo much of Ann Wilson.
    Last edited by CycleDude; 05-14-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Dude, I really liked that.

I think you should do Barracuda. You singer's voice reminds me soooo much of Ann Wilson.
    We do, but it didn't get recorded, next gig I'll make sure we get it recorded. She does a great job, it's a pretty difficult song to learn.

Larrysperf Guest

I thought it was great and it is not the easiest song to sing very very nice job. Love the Ludwigs

User Info Menu

Excellent job guys. Your singer sounds very similar as well. And those luddies sound really really nice man.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Man you guys sound great, Are you patched to the board or is the strait camer audio? either way you guys rock! F/T

User Info Menu

Yea, the audio was definitely better on this one. Great job.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

good job brother

send some more when you can

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Nice job man. Those Luddies sing and your singer does an excellent job.
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Im with everyone else.....good stuff .