Thread: the merkin brothers

User Info Menu

Default the merkin brothers

i was waiting till our myspace page was complete, but we havent had time to work on it. i know the audio isn't the best but we really need some honest opinions, especially the vocals. i know i have things to work on as a drummer but ive only been back at for a little over two years and not much time to practice.

thanks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ChEPsZjVc"]YouTube - rebel yell cover done by the merkin brothers[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGHuD_oOxmM"]YouTube - immigrant song cover as done by the merkin brothers[/ame]
    Last edited by waznad; 05-14-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: adding more
    acrylic shells:
    kick 26x20
    floor 18x18
    floor 16x18
    tom 15x14
    tom 14x13
    snares:
    ludwig black beauty 14x6.5 w/tube lugs and die cast
    ludwig black magic 13x7 w/tube lugs and die cast rims
    paiste :
    24" giant beat ride
    20" giant beat crash
    19" 2002 crash
    18" 2002 crash
    15" 2002 sound edge hats

User Info Menu

Default Re: the merkin brothers

Doesnt sound bad at all dude. I'm no Simon Cowell but, I think the vocals sounded good. Kinda hard to tell with the audio but not bad at all
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

Larrysperf Guest

I thought it was pretty good and I really liked your playing in that song thought you did it proud

User Info Menu

Good job!

-Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Doesnt sound bad at all dude. I'm no Simon Cowell but, I think the vocals sounded good. Kinda hard to tell with the audio but not bad at all
    Im with tg on this.....didnt sound bad at all to me either .

I think the guitars and vocals do need to go up a notch from how your playing ,I had a hard time hearing vocals and melody with the drums .

As much as I hate saying it , I think they need to be louder , but nthis could be because of how you recorded it too .