Thread: Promark's New Joey Jordison Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Promark's New Joey Jordison Sticks

Ok so since I have not reviewed anything yet I figured why not give it a shot. Anyway I was at my local music store the other day buying some sticks and figured hay why not try something different. I ususaaly use Vic Firth 2B Nylon tips. Anyway the guy told me they had Joeys's new Pro Mark stick so I figured what the heck. Apparenlty they are not suppose to be out until May 15th but he broke the street date. Guess that is the one good thing about mom n pop music stores. I am not really a big fan of Joey as a drummer or his band. So I get them home and try them. At first they feel extremely light because they are basicallyy a 5A stick with Joey's name I think. The dimensions are .551 diameter and 16 inches long. They only come in wood tip and the tip is round like a ball. Well I absolutlely love these sticks. I have such better stick control( yes I know that what she said) with these sticks it is amazing. All my strokes are even, and I am playing at over 200bpm smoothly with these sticks. I know that may seem like nothing to some of you pros on here but for me it is quite an improvement. Even my left hand is smooth with these bad boys. The one thing I do not know for sure is if is the sticks themselves or just because I always used 2B and went to a 5A. I can tell you one thing I am a changed man now when it comes to sticks. Although I still pratice on my pad with 2B, the drumset is now only 5As. Basically if you can find a store that sells them i would advise you to atleast give them a try.

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Promark's New Joey Jordison Sticks

some times it just takes a stick change and we get a increase in our playing. Really glad you like them

User Info Menu

Going from heavier to lighter sticks tends to have that result. Moral of the story; practice with heavier sticks. 2B's are not heavy enough...get yourself a pair of Silver Fox (or any other brand) Corps sticks and put them to practice on the pad. Then, go to the Joey stick or any 5A model you choose. You'll find the difference to be amazing.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Going from heavier to lighter sticks tends to have that result. Moral of the story; practice with heavier sticks. 2B's are not heavy enough...get yourself a pair of Silver Fox (or any other brand) Corps sticks and put them to practice on the pad. Then, go to the Joey stick or any 5A model you choose. You'll find the difference to be amazing.
    I've been use'n corp sticks on the pad for yrs. Frank.1 of my old teachers (Paul Pitts) was big in the drum corp. here in Boston and he'ld always have ya use *chop builders*.It makes a big difference.It made me a lot faster and in a pretty short amount of time.

User Info Menu

i have heard that they have some of joey's blood in them...lol...is that true?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    i have heard that they have some of joey's blood in them...lol...is that true?
    Pretty funny. I saw the ad for them online and it said they had his blood on them.
    The first thing I thought of was this is the exact same marketing trick Kiss used in the late 70's when their Marvel comic came out: printed with Kiss's blood!!!

User Info Menu

I thought Joey endorsed Ahead sticks???
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

You can actually watch him getting his blood drawn and then pouring it into the paint mix, I am sorry but to me that is flat out retarded.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

Larrysperf Guest

[quote=DWdrumr;200341]You can actually watch him getting his blood drawn and then pouring it into the paint mix, I am sorry but to me that is flat out retarded.

lol
    and a little sick, when it comes right down to it

User Info Menu

its discusting!!!!i cant really watch the video...lol...dwdrumr, i thought he was with ahead to but he must of changed...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    I thought Joey endorsed Ahead sticks???
    He did, but he just switched to pro mark. I got them early, they are not suppose to be offically out until May 15th. I have had them for a good 2 weeks though so.

User Info Menu

i was planning to buy myself some pro-mark sticks but i think i am gonna have to go with chris adlers because i think he is the superior drummer. Also i watched that video a few posts agao and i noticed that all the sticks and stuff were made before he put the blood in. And even if that paint was to be used to make joey sticks there is only enough paint there to make a few hundred sticks at best so all in all if you like the idea of having joey blood, chances ae u havent got any. And if u dont like the idea, u have nothing to worry about.

User Info Menu

i was planning to buy myself some pro-mark sticks but i think i am gonna have to go with chris adlers because i think he is the superior drummer.

Does this mean the Pro-Mark sticks are better because of Chris Adler? Hmmm...following that logic I should play like Buddy Rich if I were to use the same stick he did. No, on second thought, I'll get a pair of Dave Weckel sticks...I really would like to play like he does.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Just a quick note:
    I was about to place an order for a half dozen pairs of my regular Pro-Marks and noticed the place had the same amount of sticks by 3Drumsticks for like 12 bucks cheaper, plus right now they are GIVING away a FREE Pacific cymbal stand with the sticks!!!!
    3 sticks are made by DW, so they can throw in the stand just to promote the sticks I guess...

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Promark's New Joey Jordison Sticks

That's It....
    I'm Givin Up My Ahead Sticks....
    I'm Goin Wif Whatever Frank Is Usin
    Regardless Of Da Reason......
    Cos He's Still Got Some Hair!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    You can actually watch him getting his blood drawn and then pouring it into the paint mix, I am sorry but to me that is flat out retarded.

-Les

User Info Menu

I second that emoticon.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    i was planning to buy myself some pro-mark sticks but i think i am gonna have to go with chris adlers because i think he is the superior drummer.

Does this mean the Pro-Mark sticks are better because of Chris Adler? Hmmm...following that logic I should play like Buddy Rich if I were to use the same stick he did. No, on second thought, I'll get a pair of Dave Weckel sticks...I really would like to play like he does.
    No Frank I will sign you a pair and you do the same then they wont know who is who lol
    Had to say it lol

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I second that emoticon.
    I'll third that emoticon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    I'll third that emoticon.
    can i fourth?
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.