Thread: Band name comments

User Info Menu

Default Band name comments

I have just started up a new band and i just wanted your thought on the name we have picked. It is Majotaur. When asked to explain it we say minotaur but better. The music we play is clasic rock led zep, deep purple type stuff.

Constructive critisism please

MM

User Info Menu

Default Re: Band name comments

A clever play on words none the less, I like the theme vs. the style. Personally if you like the name go with it. No matter how odd it may sound to others that never lasts long( like the first time a friend comes to school with a mohawk and jaws are dropped, by the end of the day its normal Just yours. F/T

User Info Menu

bump, more comments please XD

User Info Menu

Ya, that's pretty good.
    I like heaveh mehtal.

User Info Menu

It seems to be kind of taboo to ask a band about the origins of their name where I come from - I don't know about everywhere else, but you watch or listen to an interview with a big touring band, and as soon as the interviewer asks about the name, you can just hear (in your head) the whole world sigh and lose respect for the interviewer for not being able to come up with a more interesting question. And the band usually gets a bit snotty about it too.

My point... one day when your band is massive and touring the world, you may not get a chance to explain the name to anyone.

User Info Menu

I like it, and it is by no means a bad name. If you guys picked it, and like it, who cares what anyone else thinks. After all, it's about the music, not the name.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Like it.

I don't mean to threadjack or anything, but how do you come up with a band name? Me and the guys I jam with are pretty much starting a band and we just can't come up with a name to fit us.

User Info Menu

I think it's pretty rad. Roll with it.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Megataur? Major Minotaur? Lieutenant Minotaur Ownage Force???
    zerOrings are bad people.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    Like it.

I don't mean to threadjack or anything, but how do you come up with a band name? Me and the guys I jam with are pretty much starting a band and we just can't come up with a name to fit us.
    www.bandnamemaker.com
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    Like it.

Just have fun with it and dont take it to seriously. A couple of my buddies and I are going to go out and do some shows as a ZZ Top tribute (yes fake beards, fuzzy guitars and all!) We are going to call ourselves Tres Nachos

User Info Menu

These were some really cool comments, I havent been on this forum in like a year. Its nuts. This band never even materialized so the name, good or bad, was never used. I am now in a regularly gigging band called Lionhearts. But cheers for your comments anyway drumfaces

User Info Menu

So Majotaur never did a major tour?(sorry,I know thats lame) I like Lionhearts better.Anyone in it named Richard? You could do a good Medieval theme with that name! I knew a band called Legend and they always had a long sword resting across the drums.Having a theme adds to the stage presence.Good luck with your band.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Just have fun with it and dont take it to seriously. A couple of my buddies and I are going to go out and do some shows as a ZZ Top tribute (yes fake beards, fuzzy guitars and all!) We are going to call ourselves Tres Nachos
    Tres Nachos? Hey, I think that's pretty good....I like names that pay tribute to a famous band and yet have a twist to them.

ABBA-Bjorn Again
    Pink Floyd-Beyond The Dark Side
    Beatles-The Fab Faux
    Oasis-No Way Sis
    MeatLoaf-Peat Loaf
    Frank Zappa-Petulant Frenzy

...are a few I've heard or seen the names around.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    So Majotaur never did a major tour?(sorry,I know thats lame) I like Lionhearts better.Anyone in it named Richard? You could do a good Medieval theme with that name! I knew a band called Legend and they always had a long sword resting across the drums.Having a theme adds to the stage presence.Good luck with your band.
    haha, i'll let you off the pun. And sadly no richard in Lionhearts. We just went for a typically British but still aggresive sounding name. The front men of the band have a strong sense of patriotism that i think you Americans can understand