Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Idol Drummer

User Info Menu

Default American Idol Drummer

His drums sound killer! He was playing some incredible stuff last night.

User Info Menu

i was checking it out too. the whole band is good. anyone know what kind of drums he has.
    max

User Info Menu

don't watch idol

User Info Menu

i personally think that american idol is stupid and the only person who has made it anywhere out of there is Kelly Clarkson or w/e
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

I think it's kind of stupid too. But the band is hot and that drummer is smokin'.

User Info Menu

Yeah my wife watches it and all I listen to is the drummer. He's got some chops and his kit sounds super nice.

User Info Menu

That drummer is "bad to the bone" !
    Who is he?!
    As far as American Idol being "stupid"...it's the highest rated show in television history. Remind me not to ask you guys for any investment tips!
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sac
    Yeah my wife watches it and all I listen to is the drummer. He's got some chops and his kit sounds super nice.
    Yea, my wife got me watching it too. Hey, welcome to the group Sac!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    That drummer is "bad to the bone" !
    Who is he?!
    As far as American Idol being "stupid"...it's the highest rated show in television history. Remind me not to ask you guys for any investment tips!
    I found out the guys name is Teddy Campbell. He's a powerhouse player man. He really takes some risks on that show (some of his fills) but manages to pull it off and still groove hard.

User Info Menu

Special K...out.

User Info Menu

Ted C, bi***in' player. Is he still the drummer on AI again this ['06] season? I never see the band in the credits, nor on the site [the only time & reason i went there, to find the band's names]. Figures. I only watch the show for the band, & TC. They're way better than even the contestants, of course. But it's all good.

If you dig him, you'll also dig Usher's drummer Aaromn Spears, another absolute MF'n monster.

User Info Menu

OMG I LOVE AMERICAN IDOL I AM SOOO ATTATCHED TO IT CHRIS DAUGHTRY WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN BUT STUPID KATHERINE MCPHEE CONVINCED EVERY1 SHE WAS GOOD WHEN SHE REALLY IS A JERK AND STUPID TAYLOR HICKS WON.. TAYLOR HICKS? OH WELL CHRIS DAUGHTRY CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS NOW...... HES NOT FORCED TO BE A "POP" SINGER.. HES A ROCKER. HE SHOULD HAVE A NEW CD IN NOVEMBER. YAY!!! I CANT WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i guess that drummers good.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Ted Campbell is a fanaminal drummer. My wife watches the show for the singing and I lisen to the band. Ted always ends the faster songs with a double bass pedal adlib. Never fails. Always on time and just enough to know the song is over. He's has a smooth but aggressive playing style. Get's Down. I like that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer
    OMG I LOVE AMERICAN IDOL I AM SOOO ATTATCHED TO IT CHRIS DAUGHTRY WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN BUT STUPID KATHERINE MCPHEE CONVINCED EVERY1 SHE WAS GOOD WHEN SHE REALLY IS A JERK AND STUPID TAYLOR HICKS WON.. TAYLOR HICKS? OH WELL CHRIS DAUGHTRY CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS NOW...... HES NOT FORCED TO BE A "POP" SINGER.. HES A ROCKER. HE SHOULD HAVE A NEW CD IN NOVEMBER. YAY!!! I CANT WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i guess that drummers good.
    wow calm down i know your like thirteen like me but the only time i was that excited about something was when my drums finally came anyway that show bores me who wants to watch random people jump through hoops for 5 seconds not minutes of fame i know kelly clarkson but her songs suck anyway
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

i agree i dont like kelly clarkson that much, but have you listened to chris daughtry sing? hes friggin amazing!!
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

In fact im gonna start my own thread about american idol and see who likes it and who doesnt
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Default American Idol Drummer

That's the rough part about these talent shows...all that killer talent hidden in the shadows, figuratively and literally. Of course, with some of the newest copycats, like "America's Got Talent," you almost wish they'd show the band more often...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

"Americas Got Talent" is so stupid i dont like that show.. & I hate that show "You think you can dance." Never got into that like I did american idol

but yeah i just watched the reruns of american idol my aunt had, and watched the drummer. He is pretty good!!
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

hint of the day:"Reality is NOT real."

User Info Menu

i guess thats true...

but american idol still rox. no one will change my mind on that.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

i meant to say reality TV not just reality...opps..

User Info Menu

i knew what you meant... lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Default Re: American Idol Drummer

He IS good, nice kit too!
    -Grampire
    Teams
    Pearl Pack
    Zildjian League
    Evans Empire
    Quote: Ratamycue- Fart, oh man I said a naughty
    RIP Frank
    Pearl Masterworks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdome View Post
    i was checking it out too. the whole band is good. anyone know what kind of drums he has.
    Yes he plays either his Yamaha PHX kit or a maple custom absolute kit...I believe he switches out between these two.....
    Last edited by scorch whammin; 01-26-2011 at 04:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Also, here in Australia we used to have the extremely talented Gordon Rytmeister on our own Australian Idol. I'm not sure who his replacement is, but he sure would have had a tough time stepping into Gordon's shoes!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8