Thread: Iron Cobra Rolling Glide or Power Glide?

User Info Menu

Default Iron Cobra Rolling Glide or Power Glide?

Im probably going to get new pedals, (two single) and i want to get Iron Cobras FOR SURE. But im not sure which ones, the rolling glides or the Power Glides, Im a heavy metal drummer, and I love blast beats and fast double bass! So in that case, i need a pedal that's nice and light, yet packs alotta punch! The lightness is my main concern, now i heard Jason Costa of All That Remains uses the rolling glide, and holy sh*t can he double bass, have you guys heard Chiron? Yeah thats amazing, i want to acheive that (if i even can). so give me your opinions guys. thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Iron Cobra Rolling Glide or Power Glide?

I had Power Glides and they were plenty fast enough. I've never seen a Rolling Glide in person.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Default Re: Iron Cobra Rolling Glide or Power Glide?

I love the feel of the powerglides personally, im no speed demon on doubles but they never have an issue keeping up haha. I just like the powerful feel of the kick you get with them and the smoothness as well. I havent played rolling glides but i would imagine they feel great and like you said, Jason Costa is an absolute beast with those things so obviously speed isnt an issue with them.