Thread: electronic drums

User Info Menu

Default electronic drums

ive got a roland td-8 and im looking for a monitor system maybe a pm-3 200watts but cost bout 700- 800 $ or possibly a logitech z2300 200 watts rms for 80 $ any suggestions or opinions towards this topic

User Info Menu

Lou, if it were me and I've just spent that much on the kit/module, I'd spend the extra and get the best in monitors. You'll maximize your investment by getting the best sound possible to compliment your purchase.

Sorry to say I haven't heard either but I can tell you by the price difference there's probably no comparison.

User Info Menu

I've road tested the roland monitor systems, and they're REALLY expensive for what they are (not particularly loud, but good spread of high and low end). I'd suspect that anything that's sold as 'drum specific' would be the same.

I ended up getting a Behringer B300 - quite cheap for what you get, excellent sound spread, and I've even carted it around to use as a foldback for acoustic gigs.

User Info Menu

I've road tested the roland monitor systems, and they're REALLY expensive for what they are (not particularly loud, but good spread of high and low end). I'd suspect that anything that's sold as 'drum specific' would be the same.

I ended up getting a Behringer B300 - quite cheap for what you get, excellent sound spread, and I've even carted it around to use as a foldback for acoustic gigs.

You can just plug directly into it and play - no desk or anything additional required.

User Info Menu

Hey lou, I sold my roland TD-8 kit not too long ago, but I used the Roland PM-1 moniter with it. They don't make it anymore, but you can find one used for about $100-$150. It worked very well for me. It's got 4 inputs, plus 1 mic input, and a stand that comes out of the top of it to mount a sampling pad on so it sits right above/between the 2 "rack" toms. It put out plenty of sound. I used it to gig quite a few times and that was all I needed. I never had any problems at all. It was distortion free and had great sound reproduction. Hope that helps a little!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads